|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Six Steps.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most Japanese comics first appear published in __________________.
(a) manga magazines
(b) enormous anthology titles
(c) thin publications
2. Which comic artist introduced the storytelling techniques used in most mainstream comics?
(a) Mary Fleener
(b) Stan Lee
(c) Charles Schultz
(d) Jack Kirby
3. What transition requires deductive reasoning and transports the reader across significant distances of time and space?
4. McCloud notes that we perceive the world as ______ through the experience of our senses, even though our senses can only reveal a _______ world.
(a) whole; distrustful
(b) incomplete; whole
(c) whole; fragmented
(d) incomplete; stable
5. The creation of work in any medium will follow a certain path containing how many steps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What step finishes the first superficial exposure to the work?
2. Closure in comics fosters an intimacy between ________________________.
3. What did Eisner call a desperation device?
4. What step determines whether the art will be a book, a sculpture or a song?
5. Which blatantly expressionistic artist created The Underground?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)