Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
3. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
4. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
Essay Topic 1
Describe Erickson's technique of "encouraging a response by frustrating it" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
Essay Topic 2
How does Haley describe the roots of schizophrenia in the book? How might these be tied to the family? Does modern science support this?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Erickson's technique of "seeding ideas" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)