|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the man from whom Erickson helped to walk in Chapter 9?
2. The therapists of the 19th-century noticed that there was something deeper going on; here Mesmer and ____ are used as examples
3. In the case where the husband has threatened to kill his wife unless she gives birth to a child of the gender he wants, Erickson recommends the couple do what?
4. In Erickson's case in Chapter 6 which involved the boy's bed-wetting problem, Erickson suggested that if he didn't wet the bed for a month his parents were obligated to get him what?
5. Erickson feels that when the circumstances of a patient need to be changed, it is wrong to prevent healthy growth by substituting ______ for good therapy.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Erickson's technique of "encouraging resistance" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Describe some of the major issues that occur during "the courtship period." How can this phase of life affect the entire family?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Erickson's technique of "emphasizing the positive" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)