Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
3. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
4. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
Discuss Erickson's methods of family therapy. How does his approach differ from the standard sessions of therapists in the 19th century?
Describe Erickson's technique of "encouraging a relapse" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
How does childbirth throw the entire family structure into a form of crisis? What ways does Erickson use to assist families in this transition?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)