Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
3. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
4. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
Describe Erickson's work with those facing old age. What does he use hypnosis for in these examples? What are common problems of the elderly?
Describe some of the major issues that occur during "the courtship period." How can this phase of life affect the entire family?
Describe Erickson's technique of "encouraging a response by frustrating it" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)