|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Attendance at therapy permits Erickson to instruct the couple through an intervention how to enable them to do what?
2. In cases where only the wife comes in, the husband has often implied that the therapist is having some kind of relationship with his wife, therefore _____ the relationship.
3. The case study in Chapter 8 involving the girl with body issues follows the therapist's instructions to for the daughter to insist upon ______ from the mother as the condition for the presence.
4. The use of hypnosis in Chapter 9 is used primarily to do what?
5. Erickson restricts himself to the truth, which Haley points out as a means that distinguishes him from those seeking to be _____ rather than those who are forthright and have an interest in the welfare of the client.
Essay Topic 1
What problems are often encountered when parents face children leaving home to lead adult lives? How does Erickson involve the entire family in these therapy sessions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Erickson's methods of family therapy. How does his approach differ from the standard sessions of therapists in the 19th century?
Essay Topic 3
How does childbirth throw the entire family structure into a form of crisis? What ways does Erickson use to assist families in this transition?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)