|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson worked to encourage a girl in Chapter 8 to voice her criticisms of her mother and re-work her perception of her father's behaviors, which included some incorrect perceptions regarding the parents' _______ .
2. When Erickson did work long-term with a patient, he would change up the _____ of the appointments.
3. Erickson is _____ if a husband goes so far as to show up to set the therapist straight on some ways that the therapist has been wrong.
4. Erickson allowed previous patients to visit him of their own accord, on a _____ level.
5. Erickson would combine acceptance of the patient's condition upon entering treatment with hypnosis and ______ modes of intervention.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why does Erickson use the technique of avoiding self-exploration? In what way does this make his methods unique to other talk-therapists?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Erickson's technique of "providing a worse alternative" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Erickson's technique of "seeding ideas" and give examples where this technique is used in case studies from the text.
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)