Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson would use his position to effect a beneficial ______ that leaves the couple reoriented into their new and improved dynamic and empowers them to go back to leaving out the therapist.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
(c) Reverse psychology.
(d) Abrasive behavior.
3. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
(a) Extensive therapy.
(d) Physical therapy.
4. The first example Haley gives in Chapter 9 involves a man with an intense fear of what?
5. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
(a) Post-partum depression.
(b) Manic depression.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
6. Erickson worked to encourage a girl in Chapter 8 to voice her criticisms of her mother and re-work her perception of her father's behaviors, which included some incorrect perceptions regarding the parents' _______ .
(b) Sexual difficulties.
7. One example in Chapter 8 is a case where a teenager is _______ because she relates the fact that her mother has been having an affair with a local wealthy man.
(b) Sent to live with her grandparents.
(d) Sent to boarding school.
8. In what year was the book published?
9. One case in Chapter 6 was about how the therapist helped a mother to re-establish her authority with her son. How old was the child?
10. Chapter 9 deals with what aspect of life?
(a) Growing old.
(b) Getting married.
(c) Having children.
(d) Getting divorced.
11. Erickson relieves a severely injured old man of pain but further enables him to recover greatly from what in Chapter 9?
(b) A stroke.
(c) A seizure.
(d) A heart attack.
12. Erickson cites examples of a couple that ceased to have an alcohol problem when they did what on weekends?
(a) Went shopping.
(b) Went to restaurants.
(c) Went camping.
(d) Went driving.
13. The use of hypnosis in Chapter 9 is used primarily to do what?
(a) End grief.
(b) Alleviate pain.
(c) Overcome addictions.
(d) Assist childbirth.
14. The purpose of the therapeutic interventions in Chapter 7 are to provide some _______ regarding the entire situation.
(a) Scientific perspective.
(b) Rational thought.
(c) Third-party objectivity.
(d) Basic laws.
15. Where was the man from whom Erickson helped to walk in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson claims that when a husband and wife where _____ of each other, it was best to see them together.
2. Erickson notes in Chapter 8 that when you start defending "my rights," you become a what?
3. When Erickson did work long-term with a patient, he would change up the _____ of the appointments.
4. For some parents the transition from being a parent into _________ actually makes it easier for over involved parents to let go of their own offspring.
5. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)