|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The need to help the growing youths integrate into the community life without insufficient or excessive ________ is important throughout and continues when people have become parents.
(b) Familial involvement.
2. The first heading of Chapter 1 is titled _____________; wherein, the individual in therapy is re-educated to view resistance as a form of cooperation in its own right.
(a) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
(b) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(c) "Encouraging Resistance".
(d) "Emphasizing the Positive".
3. Either Harold wasn't truly homosexual in the first place, but had other troubles with women, or was a bisexual who was turned on to women once what?
(a) His sister died.
(b) His parents passed away.
(c) He came to terms with his abusive childhood.
(d) His fears of them had been properly addressed.
4. The presence of a child or children creates a variant of the _____, which only grows in complexity with the advent of additional children.
(a) "Bridge of Connection".
(b) "Love triangle".
(c) "Building blocks".
(d) "Family circle".
5. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
(a) New behaviors.
(b) Trance stages.
(c) Cognitive recognitions.
(d) Restrictive behaviors.
6. Harold became negative about the _______ with whom he had had been sexually involved in a limited sense.
(b) Young women.
(c) Younger men.
(d) Older women.
7. Haley states in Chapter 2, there is a need for the ______ to make a major adjustment towards the relationship of another family member but also to another family.
(d) Entire family.
8. Addressing their fears and insecurities while helping them to make some needed _______ are all part of the therapy for those who want this.
9. In one scenario in Chapter 5, Erickson was ignorant in matters of baby gender prediction, but he did recommend _____ to avert disaster.
10. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
(a) Pursues women.
(b) Makes amends with his sister.
(c) Makes amends with his mother.
(d) Pursues men.
11. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
(a) "The Struggle of Marriages".
(b) "Growing Old Gracefully".
(c) "Marriage and its Consequences".
(d) "Middle Marriage Difficulties".
12. In most of the examples referred to in Chapter 3, success in dating leads not only into marriage, but also into ____.
13. In one case in Chapter 5, there was competition between the mother and the ______ over mothering the new baby.
(a) Mother's mother.
14. Family stress is most severe when someone is _________ (in) the family.
(b) Entering or leaving.
(c) Ill or hospitalized.
(d) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
15. One client in Chapter 5 received therapy for a few months and then simply lost or stuffed down her symptoms and is written of as having _______ since.
(a) Committed suicide.
(b) Been hospitalized.
(c) Gotten divorced.
(d) Behaved normally.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson's use of intentional forms of amnesia as part of the trance is done in order to _________ and to empower individuals to make certain changes.
2. Harold would finally happen into a heterosexual relationship with whom?
3. When Harold has succeeded in school, Erickson persuades him to drop the idea that he is somehow _____ minded.
4. Therapy is meant to facilitate the transition of a person from the situation of being a child into being what?
5. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)