|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Pain of Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what technique does Erickson use trance to release people from deep-seated behavior patterns, some of which have been counter productive or relied upon to reduce fears?
(a) "Frustrating the problem".
(b) "Revision of nature".
(c) "Encouraging a relapse".
(d) "Communicating in metaphor".
2. One case in Chapter 6 was about how the therapist helped a mother to re-establish her authority with her son. How old was the child?
3. In cases where only the wife comes in, the husband has often implied that the therapist is having some kind of relationship with his wife, therefore _____ the relationship.
4. Haley points out that Erickson had suffered from _____ twice and had been debilitated by it/them.
(a) Heart attacks.
(b) Nervous breakdowns.
5. Solving problems associated with alcohol, prescription tranquilizer, and illegal drug use are all included in what chapter?
(a) Chapter 7.
(b) Chapter 6.
(c) Chapter 2.
(d) Chapter 9.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson was responsible for the development and introduction into therapies of _____.
2. The cases in Chapter 5 typically include whom in the couple?
3. In what year was the book published?
4. Erickson believes that normally, the problem extends beyond the substance abuser and what is needed is actually a change of what?
5. Often enough, if the woman did not have a good experience with what from the beginning would she seek an annulment of the marriage?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)