|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Pain of Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haley writes that the majority of the young adults who the therapist meets with do want to ____.
(a) Get an education.
2. A great part of the therapist's role is to supply _______ over one or more people in a temporary manner to facilitate a cure or other effective treatment of a problem.
(a) Needed control.
(b) Physical support.
(c) Emotional support.
3. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
(a) Pursues men.
(b) Pursues women.
(c) Makes amends with his mother.
(d) Makes amends with his sister.
4. In one case in Chapter 7, Erickson deals with a woman who feels what sensation in the bedroom?
5. The child who had the festering sore improved in _____ and the family's situation had found its new equilibrium.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson believes that normally, the problem extends beyond the substance abuser and what is needed is actually a change of what?
2. One marital trouble that can occur was exemplified in Chapter 5 as the case of a young wife with a _____ hand.
3. Erickson notes that long-term therapy of only one partner in a marriage makes the marriage what?
4. Erickson writes of withholding and sharing information and of how he succeeds in curing a young woman of pain she experiences during ______.
5. Part of Erickson's method is not to ________. This is described as being on the service of truth and unity even though it may sound artificial. He does this consistently as a rule of thumb.
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)