|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Pain of Old Age.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haley writes in Chapter 8 that the most destructive parents are not those who treat their children badly but those who are what?
2. Erickson's method is in contrast to other forms of talk therapy where there is a greater emphasis on __________, and the relationship tends to involve weekly meetings for years on end.
(a) Evaluating the client's history.
(b) Understanding the client
(c) Evaluating the client's emotions.
(d) Understanding the anxieties of the client.
3. Erickson notes in Chapter 8 that when you start defending "my rights," you become a what?
4. Erickson's use of hypnosis is shown through these case studies to be ______.
(b) Highly effective.
(d) Somewhat effective.
5. Erickson accepted a client, a young woman who was living with her parents at an age when many other people's children had left home. She had been in a car accident and after recovering had undergone months of what?
(c) Physical therapy.
(d) Extensive therapy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The cases in Chapter 5 typically include whom in the couple?
2. The one condition on which Erickson allows couples to fight was that they genuinely seek to what?
3. Haley touches on what has come to be referred to as ______ or maternal psychosis. In the most extreme cases, the mother might be hospitalized.
4. Where was the man from whom Erickson helped to walk in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 5, Erickson and Haley both admit that not all young adults want to do what?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)