|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Weaning Parents from Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson allowed previous patients to visit him of their own accord, on a _____ level.
2. Erickson addresses Harold's anxieties and hatred about women in a simple way. He ______ a relationship with a woman who teaches him.
(a) Asks about.
(b) None of the answers is correct.
3. Under which heading of Chapter 1 is it stated that Erickson emphasized both the autonomy and togetherness of family members?
(a) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(b) "Awakening and Disengagement".
(c) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(d) "Encouraging Resistance".
4. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
(a) The phase of bearing children.
(b) The phase of old age.
(c) The phase of marriage.
(d) The phase of adolescence.
5. Often enough, if the woman did not have a good experience with what from the beginning would she seek an annulment of the marriage?
(a) With sex.
(b) With romance.
(c) With children.
(d) With respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
2. When Erickson conducts long-term therapy, he does not do it as extensive and lengthy contact with meetings once each week for years. Instead, he does what?
3. Erickson restricts himself to the truth, which Haley points out as a means that distinguishes him from those seeking to be _____ rather than those who are forthright and have an interest in the welfare of the client.
4. The 19th-century method was to treat a patient in what way?
5. In the case of the child with the sore, Erickson took personal responsibility to mimic addressing what that should have been covered by the parents?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)