|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Weaning Parents from Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Addressing their fears and insecurities while helping them to make some needed _______ are all part of the therapy for those who want this.
2. Haley writes of a case in Chapter 5 in which a new mother was so distraught that she was hospitalized; the trouble was that in some cases, the receipt of treatment is used by others in the greater familial context as what?
(a) An excuse for them to be blamed.
(b) An excuse to coddle them.
(c) An excuse for divorce.
(d) An excuse to unfairly exclude them.
3. Eventually, through a lengthy process including both success and failure, Erickson gets Harold to complete what?
(a) Military enrollment.
(b) Grade school.
(c) High school.
(d) Trade school.
4. The dynamic between the parents of the child with the sore was affected because they paid attention to ______ in relation to the chores in a different way.
(a) The other children.
(b) The child.
(c) One another.
(d) The therapist.
5. Once Erickson helped the family of the boy with the sore, it cured the boy of his festering sore and the _______ behavior that had accompanied it.
Short Answer Questions
1. The first heading of Chapter 1 is titled _____________; wherein, the individual in therapy is re-educated to view resistance as a form of cooperation in its own right.
2. The suggestion of Erickson's in Chapter 6 is that he takes what action to protect the over-all wellbeing of the mind of the patient?
3. Erickson cites examples of a couple that ceased to have an alcohol problem when they did what on weekends?
4. Under which heading does Haley address the final stages of life?
5. Milton Erickson came from the American Midwest and received the majority of his education and preliminary work experience in Wisconsin and _____.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)