|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Weaning Parents from Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One case in Chapter 6 was about how the therapist helped a mother to re-establish her authority with her son. How old was the child?
2. Under which heading does Haley write that the marriage ceremony is actually very important to more than just those who are marrying?
(a) "The Growing of Family".
(b) "The Secular Family".
(c) "The Marriage of Family".
(d) "Marriage and Its Consequences".
3. Erickson believes that normally, the problem extends beyond the substance abuser and what is needed is actually a change of what?
(b) Habituated behavior.
4. In some cases in Chapter 8, one or more parents would interfere or remove the patient from therapy once what?
(a) The child was upset.
(b) Improvements were effected.
(c) The child was angry.
(d) No improvements were detected.
5. Erickson mentions that in cases where the woman won't let the man talk, as the therapist, he will either get her to keep her mouth shut and listen or will do what?
(a) Talk to the woman alone.
(b) No longer see the couple.
(c) Cause an argument.
(d) Make her leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haley observes that there are repercussions throughout the family system (meaning people of the families that led up to this union are affected by the turn of events) when what occurs?
2. One client in Chapter 5 received therapy for a few months and then simply lost or stuffed down her symptoms and is written of as having _______ since.
3. Erickson is _____ if a husband goes so far as to show up to set the therapist straight on some ways that the therapist has been wrong.
4. In Chapter 5, Haley writes about a case in which a wealthy woman had to be tranced into more full awareness of her feelings of acceptance during her childhood and how this set a healthy foundation for her to feel confident in her ability to do what?
5. Erickson does not tell Harold there is anything wrong with _________; he tells Harold that he wants to put Harold into a position to be open to changing or keeping his ideas about himself.
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)