|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Weaning Parents from Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Therapy is meant to facilitate the transition of a person from the situation of being a child into being what?
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) An independent adult.
(c) A functioning adult.
(d) A codependent adult.
2. Erickson restricts himself to the truth, which Haley points out as a means that distinguishes him from those seeking to be _____ rather than those who are forthright and have an interest in the welfare of the client.
3. Erickson claims that when a husband and wife where _____ of each other, it was best to see them together.
4. After Harold has acquired better habits of dress, he begins to spontaneously seek ______ and to get it.
(c) Better work.
5. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
(a) Receive any necessary therapy.
(b) Receive medication if needed.
(c) Branch out on their own.
(d) Appreciate their families.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which title from Chapter 1 is also used for negative reinforcement and as a means to redirect patients?
2. Once Erickson helped the family of the boy with the sore, it cured the boy of his festering sore and the _______ behavior that had accompanied it.
3. When Erickson did work long-term with a patient, he would change up the _____ of the appointments.
4. Which title from Chapter 1 shows how indirect communication can be better therapy in some cases?
5. The therapist's intent is to be what to the marriage and to each of the partners in it?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)