|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Marriage and Family Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what technique does Erickson use trance to release people from deep-seated behavior patterns, some of which have been counter productive or relied upon to reduce fears?
(a) "Communicating in metaphor".
(b) "Frustrating the problem".
(c) "Encouraging a relapse".
(d) "Revision of nature".
2. Eventually, through a lengthy process including both success and failure, Erickson gets Harold to complete what?
(a) High school.
(b) Military enrollment.
(c) Grade school.
(d) Trade school.
3. Which title from Chapter 1 is also used for negative reinforcement and as a means to redirect patients?
(a) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(b) "Encouraging Resistance".
(c) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
(d) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
4. In one case of a wife who dominated her husband in Chapter 7, if a caller on the phone wouldn't announce who they were she would do what?
(b) Hang up.
(c) Accuse her husband of adultery.
5. It stated in Chapter 7 that Erickson recognized that normally the problem was indicative not only of a trouble with _____ but also in social conditions and other influences.
(a) The parents.
(b) The patient.
(c) The family.
(d) The friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haley points out that Erickson had suffered from _____ twice and had been debilitated by it/them.
2. Once Erickson helped the family of the boy with the sore, it cured the boy of his festering sore and the _______ behavior that had accompanied it.
3. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that what occurs here is that couples are faced with dynamic challenges?
4. In Chapter 4, it becomes apparent over time that Harold is a very _______ worker.
5. Either Harold wasn't truly homosexual in the first place, but had other troubles with women, or was a bisexual who was turned on to women once what?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)