|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Marriage and Its Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which heading in Chapter 1 has the most hypnotic focus?
(a) "Encouraging Resistance".
(b) "Seeding Ideas".
(c) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(d) "Emphasizing the Positive".
2. Which heading in Chapter 1 cultivates a response until a goal is reached?
(a) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(b) "Amplifying a Deviation".
(c) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(d) "Encouraging Resistance".
3. Harold succeeds in cultivating a friendship with an unintelligent ______ man who has been highly effective at making the best of who he is.
4. Haley writes that the majority of the young adults who the therapist meets with do want to ____.
(c) Get an education.
5. The cases in Chapter 5 typically include whom in the couple?
(a) Both parties.
(b) The children.
(c) The wife.
(d) The husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson's type of reinforcement in the example in Chapter 3 was incredibly effective and the _____ fell from the forefront into the background of the client's life.
2. The first heading of Chapter 1 is titled _____________; wherein, the individual in therapy is re-educated to view resistance as a form of cooperation in its own right.
3. Which technique is rooted in two ideas: that at least many unconscious motives are beneficial and that positive reinforcement is most effective in influencing behavior?
4. Erickson addresses Harold's anxieties and hatred about women in a simple way. He ______ a relationship with a woman who teaches him.
5. Haley states in Chapter 2, there is a need for the ______ to make a major adjustment towards the relationship of another family member but also to another family.
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)