|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Marriage and Its Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Under which heading does Haley address the final stages of life?
(a) "Weaning Parents from Children".
(b) "Growing Old".
(c) "When I'm 64".
(d) "Retirement and Old Age".
2. Harold succeeds in cultivating a friendship with an unintelligent ______ man who has been highly effective at making the best of who he is.
3. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
(a) "Marriage and its Consequences".
(b) "Growing Old Gracefully".
(c) "Middle Marriage Difficulties".
(d) "The Struggle of Marriages".
4. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
(a) Receive any necessary therapy.
(b) Appreciate their families.
(c) Receive medication if needed.
(d) Branch out on their own.
5. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
(a) The phase of adolescence.
(b) The phase of marriage.
(c) The phase of bearing children.
(d) The phase of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haley explains that Erickson, in dealing with ______, does not attempt to change their fundamental nature and does not even try to confront the real problem directly.
2. Addressing their fears and insecurities while helping them to make some needed _______ are all part of the therapy for those who want this.
3. Which title from Chapter 1 shows how indirect communication can be better therapy in some cases?
4. Haley explains that there are times when _____ rather than the family of origin are the real source of the problem.
5. The presence of a child or children creates a variant of the _____, which only grows in complexity with the advent of additional children.
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)