|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Marriage and Its Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson writes of withholding and sharing information and of how he succeeds in curing a young woman of pain she experiences during ______.
2. Harold would finally happen into a heterosexual relationship with whom?
(a) The woman Erickson introduced him to.
(b) An older woman neighbor.
(c) His sister's friend.
(d) His best friend.
3. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
(a) The phase of old age.
(b) The phase of bearing children.
(c) The phase of adolescence.
(d) The phase of marriage.
4. Erickson was able to encourage an "Asthmatic Mama's boy" out of the role of sickly and meek and out into the realm of what?
(a) Working in construction.
(b) Working in banking.
(c) Opening a small business.
(d) Working in law.
5. Family stress is most severe when someone is _________ (in) the family.
(a) Entering or leaving.
(b) Ill or hospitalized.
(c) Under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. The amnesia seems to be for the purpose of helping the clients themselves to be able to feel as if he has not done what?
2. Erickson's use of intentional forms of amnesia as part of the trance is done in order to _________ and to empower individuals to make certain changes.
3. There may be fears, insecurities and inadequacies involved, but Erickson is not so interested in these or in explaining all about the shortcomings to the client, but rather Erickson focuses on helping the client to work towards what?
4. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
5. Which title from Chapter 1 is also used for negative reinforcement and as a means to redirect patients?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)