|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Marriage and Its Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One marital trouble that can occur was exemplified in Chapter 5 as the case of a young wife with a _____ hand.
2. In one example in Chapter 3, a client's intense fear is eventually overcome by Erickson's encouragement and relating to the patient's _____.
3. Erickson addresses Harold's anxieties and hatred about women in a simple way. He ______ a relationship with a woman who teaches him.
(a) None of the answers is correct.
(b) Asks about.
4. The need to help the growing youths integrate into the community life without insufficient or excessive ________ is important throughout and continues when people have become parents.
(b) Familial involvement.
5. The amnesia seems to be for the purpose of helping the clients themselves to be able to feel as if he has not done what?
(a) Spoken to them.
(b) Invaded them.
(c) Spoken to their relatives.
(d) Discovered their childhoods.
Short Answer Questions
1. The challenge of the woman with the trembling hand in Chapter 5 was that the wife wanted her husband to do what?
2. After Erickson's client secured the job in Chapter 3, the therapist asked for details about how corrections were made when the client revealed that there had been _____.
3. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
4. Erickson typically conducts therapy with the goal of keeping a couple together except for two types of case: one, if the couple feels the marriage was a mistake, and second, in the event that the marriage does what?
5. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)