|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, Marriage and Its Consequences.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. It is stated in In Chapter 2 that some, but not all, will naturally ________; others will not. This evidently affects the culture.
(a) Mate for life.
(b) Leave the nest.
(d) Be homosexual.
2. Once Erickson _____________, he then keeps out of that friendship so that it takes its own natural course.
(a) Arranges for a client to contact parental figures.
(b) Sets up interviews with other clients.
(c) Sets up a date.
(d) Helps a patient to establish contact.
3. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
(a) "Middle Marriage Difficulties".
(b) "The Struggle of Marriages".
(c) "Marriage and its Consequences".
(d) "Growing Old Gracefully".
4. Haley explains that Erickson, in dealing with ______, does not attempt to change their fundamental nature and does not even try to confront the real problem directly.
5. Which heading in Chapter 1 has the most hypnotic focus?
(a) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(b) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(c) "Seeding Ideas".
(d) "Encouraging Resistance".
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 4, it becomes apparent over time that Harold is a very _______ worker.
2. Either Harold wasn't truly homosexual in the first place, but had other troubles with women, or was a bisexual who was turned on to women once what?
3. One case of Chapter 4 includes a man named Harold who asserts that he is homosexual and hates women. He is also what?
4. One of the most prominent facts about Chapter 5 is that what early in a marriage are a common and readily treatable problem?
5. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)