|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson's method is in contrast to other forms of talk therapy where there is a greater emphasis on __________, and the relationship tends to involve weekly meetings for years on end.
(a) Evaluating the client's emotions.
(b) Evaluating the client's history.
(c) Understanding the client
(d) Understanding the anxieties of the client.
2. When the client's real need is _______, Erickson goes out of his way to actually artificially create relationships for his patients.
(c) Sexual contact.
(d) Social contact.
3. Therapy is meant to facilitate the transition of a person from the situation of being a child into being what?
(a) A functioning adult.
(b) A codependent adult.
(c) An independent adult.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
4. Erickson does not tell Harold there is anything wrong with _________; he tells Harold that he wants to put Harold into a position to be open to changing or keeping his ideas about himself.
(a) His appearance.
(b) His emotions.
(c) His sexual orientation
(d) His intellect.
5. Either Harold wasn't truly homosexual in the first place, but had other troubles with women, or was a bisexual who was turned on to women once what?
(a) His sister died.
(b) His fears of them had been properly addressed.
(c) His parents passed away.
(d) He came to terms with his abusive childhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Erickson addresses Harold's anxieties and hatred about women in a simple way. He ______ a relationship with a woman who teaches him.
2. The need to help the growing youths integrate into the community life without insufficient or excessive ________ is important throughout and continues when people have become parents.
3. Once Erickson _____________, he then keeps out of that friendship so that it takes its own natural course.
4. Under which heading of Chapter 1 does it state that therapy now helps patients make changes without any focus on understanding why the previous behavior had existed?
5. Erickson writes of withholding and sharing information and of how he succeeds in curing a young woman of pain she experiences during ______.
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)