|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Part 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
(a) Pursues women.
(b) Pursues men.
(c) Makes amends with his sister.
(d) Makes amends with his mother.
2. In what technique does Erickson use trance to release people from deep-seated behavior patterns, some of which have been counter productive or relied upon to reduce fears?
(a) "Frustrating the problem".
(b) "Encouraging a relapse".
(c) "Revision of nature".
(d) "Communicating in metaphor".
3. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
(a) The phase of old age.
(b) The phase of adolescence.
(c) The phase of bearing children.
(d) The phase of marriage.
4. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
(a) Receive medication if needed.
(b) Branch out on their own.
(c) Appreciate their families.
(d) Receive any necessary therapy.
5. Erickson does not tell Harold there is anything wrong with _________; he tells Harold that he wants to put Harold into a position to be open to changing or keeping his ideas about himself.
(a) His sexual orientation
(b) His intellect.
(c) His emotions.
(d) His appearance.
Short Answer Questions
1. A fear of women that had been troubling Erickson's client in Chapter 3 was overcome but Erickson never even discussed that fear with this client, as the problem was solved through his what?
2. Which technique is also part of intentional hypnotic conditioning (here it is observed that uniformly siding with one family member and the creating of factions by the therapist is discouraged)?
3. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that what occurs here is that couples are faced with dynamic challenges?
4. Which title from Chapter 1 shows how indirect communication can be better therapy in some cases?
5. Under which heading of Chapter 1 is it stated that Erickson emphasized both the autonomy and togetherness of family members?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)