|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Character Revision of the Young Adult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson was able to encourage an "Asthmatic Mama's boy" out of the role of sickly and meek and out into the realm of what?
(a) Working in banking.
(b) Working in construction.
(c) Opening a small business.
(d) Working in law.
2. Which title from Chapter 1 is also used for negative reinforcement and as a means to redirect patients?
(a) "Encouraging Resistance".
(b) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(c) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(d) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
3. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
(a) Branch out on their own.
(b) Appreciate their families.
(c) Receive medication if needed.
(d) Receive any necessary therapy.
4. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
(a) "Middle Marriage Difficulties".
(b) "The Struggle of Marriages".
(c) "Growing Old Gracefully".
(d) "Marriage and its Consequences".
5. In one example in Chapter 3, a client's intense fear is eventually overcome by Erickson's encouragement and relating to the patient's _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. Haley explains that Erickson, in dealing with ______, does not attempt to change their fundamental nature and does not even try to confront the real problem directly.
2. Under which heading of Chapter 1 does it state that therapy now helps patients make changes without any focus on understanding why the previous behavior had existed?
3. Therapy is meant to facilitate the transition of a person from the situation of being a child into being what?
4. In Chapter 2, the author notes that among humans, the mating style appears to vary _____.
5. The transition from being a child into being an adult involves ______ of the relational patterns between family members.
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)