|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Character Revision of the Young Adult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Haley explains that there are times when _____ rather than the family of origin are the real source of the problem.
2. Haley explains that Erickson, in dealing with ______, does not attempt to change their fundamental nature and does not even try to confront the real problem directly.
3. The presence of a child or children creates a variant of the _____, which only grows in complexity with the advent of additional children.
(a) "Family circle".
(b) "Bridge of Connection".
(c) "Building blocks".
(d) "Love triangle".
4. Hypnosis is described as a special way of _______.
(a) Brain washing.
(c) Administering help.
5. When Erickson conducts long-term therapy, he does not do it as extensive and lengthy contact with meetings once each week for years. Instead, he does what?
(a) Has sessions outside his office.
(b) Varies the duration of appointments.
(c) Varies the frequency of appointments.
(d) Has telephone sessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which heading in Chapter 1 cultivates a response until a goal is reached?
2. Which technique is also part of intentional hypnotic conditioning (here it is observed that uniformly siding with one family member and the creating of factions by the therapist is discouraged)?
3. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
4. In some cases, Erickson offers patients the option to make more complete changes in a shorter time span. In these cases, he assures them that they can, but the greater the transformation, the greater the _________ associated with the changes that will be facilitated by hypnosis.
5. Which heading in Chapter 1 involves subjective aspects of time?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)