|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Character Revision of the Young Adult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The presence of a child or children creates a variant of the _____, which only grows in complexity with the advent of additional children.
(a) "Bridge of Connection".
(b) "Family circle".
(c) "Love triangle".
(d) "Building blocks".
2. Which title from Chapter 1 is also used for negative reinforcement and as a means to redirect patients?
(a) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(b) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(c) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
(d) "Encouraging Resistance".
3. It states in Chapter 2 that therapists often discover that habituated communication problems and other issues, including the involvement of _____, are all highly relevant to the families at this juncture.
(a) Alcohol and drugs.
(b) Friends and neighbors.
4. Under which heading of Chapter 2 does Haley state that children develop their own roles within families and parents face serious changes when they leave?
(a) "Leaving the Nest".
(b) "Weaning Parents From Children".
(c) "Breaking Apron Springs".
(d) "Retirement and Old Age".
5. Erickson does not tell Harold there is anything wrong with _________; he tells Harold that he wants to put Harold into a position to be open to changing or keeping his ideas about himself.
(a) His appearance.
(b) His sexual orientation
(c) His emotions.
(d) His intellect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Family stress is most severe when someone is _________ (in) the family.
2. Which technique is rooted in two ideas: that at least many unconscious motives are beneficial and that positive reinforcement is most effective in influencing behavior?
3. Haley states in Chapter 2, there is a need for the ______ to make a major adjustment towards the relationship of another family member but also to another family.
4. The period of adolescence that often closely predates major mating activity is one of the most important times for people to do what?
5. Erickson's method is in contrast to other forms of talk therapy where there is a greater emphasis on __________, and the relationship tends to involve weekly meetings for years on end.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)