|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Character Revision of the Young Adult.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Erickson does not tell Harold there is anything wrong with _________; he tells Harold that he wants to put Harold into a position to be open to changing or keeping his ideas about himself.
(a) His appearance.
(b) His emotions.
(c) His sexual orientation
(d) His intellect.
2. Which heading in Chapter 1 is shown to help work out residual resistance to desirable changes?
(a) "Avoiding Self-Exploration".
(b) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(c) "Encouraging Resistance".
(d) "Encouraging a Relapse".
3. When the client's real need is _______, Erickson goes out of his way to actually artificially create relationships for his patients.
(a) Social contact.
(c) Sexual contact.
4. Erickson writes of withholding and sharing information and of how he succeeds in curing a young woman of pain she experiences during ______.
5. After Erickson's client secured the job in Chapter 3, the therapist asked for details about how corrections were made when the client revealed that there had been _____.
(b) A promotion.
(c) A foreclosure.
(d) A resignation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
2. In one example in Chapter 3, a client's intense fear is eventually overcome by Erickson's encouragement and relating to the patient's _____.
3. What is the title of Chapter 1 in the book?
4. Which heading in Chapter 1 involves subjective aspects of time?
5. Haley states in Chapter 2 that a pattern involving a built-in need for making changes and adjustments is part of what?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)