|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, Weaning Parents from Children.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One example in Chapter 8 is a case where a teenager is _______ because she relates the fact that her mother has been having an affair with a local wealthy man.
(b) Sent to live with her grandparents.
(d) Sent to boarding school.
2. In a nonviolent case, Erickson often encourages _____ within a couple.
(d) None of the answers is correct.
3. One of the most prominent facts about Chapter 5 is that what early in a marriage are a common and readily treatable problem?
(a) Financial worries.
(b) Sexual difficulties.
(c) Compatibility issues.
(d) Dominance difficulties.
4. The one condition on which Erickson allows couples to fight was that they genuinely seek to what?
(a) Not involve their children in their disputes.
(b) Not shout.
(c) Not speak to the therapist as a third party.
(d) Resolve the disagreement in a conclusive and definitive manner.
5. Hypnosis is described as a special way of _______.
(c) Administering help.
(d) Brain washing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under which heading does Haley write that the marriage ceremony is actually very important to more than just those who are marrying?
2. In Chapter 5, Erickson and Haley both admit that not all young adults want to do what?
3. Under which heading in Chapter 2 does Haley explain that therapy must take into account the reality of how factors outside the marriage and beyond the individual partners have an affect upon what happens and may contain suggestions and warnings about the way to navigate a set of solutions?
4. Haley writes that the majority of the young adults who the therapist meets with do want to ____.
5. Addressing their fears and insecurities while helping them to make some needed _______ are all part of the therapy for those who want this.
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)