|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Marriage & Family Dilemmas.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the client's real need is _______, Erickson goes out of his way to actually artificially create relationships for his patients.
(a) Social contact.
(d) Sexual contact.
2. In Chapter 5, Haley shows how Erickson applied therapy when the challenge was to help new parents over into the ______ of being parents.
(c) Phase of life.
3. A prominent concern is a family entanglement in which Harold needs to alter the dynamic with himself and one of his siblings who is one member of what kind of couple?
(a) All answers are correct.
4. Erickson cites examples of a couple that ceased to have an alcohol problem when they did what on weekends?
(a) Went to restaurants.
(b) Went camping.
(c) Went shopping.
(d) Went driving.
5. After other deep work is done and Harold has some very enjoyable experiences with women he does what of his own accord?
(a) Makes amends with his sister.
(b) Pursues women.
(c) Pursues men.
(d) Makes amends with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In one scenario in Chapter 5, Erickson was ignorant in matters of baby gender prediction, but he did recommend _____ to avert disaster.
2. Solving problems associated with alcohol, prescription tranquilizer, and illegal drug use are all included in what chapter?
3. Knowledge of Erickson's inaccurate perceptions of the husband has been intentionally sent home through whom/what?
4. Erickson's method is in contrast to other forms of talk therapy where there is a greater emphasis on __________, and the relationship tends to involve weekly meetings for years on end.
5. Haley writes of one case in which a woman was directly threatened with death by her husband over what?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)