Book 1, Uncommon Therapy : Chapter 1, Preface & Strategic Therapy
1. Milton Erickson came from the American Midwest and received the majority of his education and preliminary work experience in Wisconsin and _____.
2. Erickson was responsible for the development and introduction into therapies of _____.
(a) "Encouraging Resistance".
(b) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
(c) "Family orientation".
(d) "Strategic Therapy".
3. What is the title of Chapter 1 in the book?
(a) "Seeding Ideas".
(b) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(c) "Strategic Therapy".
(d) "Encouraging Resistance".
4. During the 1950s, there was still debate about what in psychotherapy?
(a) How to deal with schizophrenia.
(b) How to approach brain chemistry changes.
(c) How to administer medications.
(d) How to facilitate desirable change in patients.
5. Hypnosis is described as a special way of _______.
(a) Brain washing.
(c) Administering help.
6. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
(a) New behaviors.
(b) Restrictive behaviors.
(c) Cognitive recognitions.
(d) Trance stages.
This section contains 5,606 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)