Book 1, Uncommon Therapy : Chapter 1, Preface & Strategic Therapy
1. Milton Erickson came from the American Midwest and received the majority of his education and preliminary work experience in Wisconsin and _____.
2. Erickson was responsible for the development and introduction into therapies of _____.
(a) "Encouraging Resistance".
(b) "Strategic Therapy".
(c) "Family orientation".
(d) "Providing a Worse Alternative".
3. What is the title of Chapter 1 in the book?
(a) "Strategic Therapy".
(b) "Encouraging Resistance".
(c) "Emphasizing the Positive".
(d) "Seeding Ideas".
4. During the 1950s, there was still debate about what in psychotherapy?
(a) How to deal with schizophrenia.
(b) How to approach brain chemistry changes.
(c) How to administer medications.
(d) How to facilitate desirable change in patients.
5. Hypnosis is described as a special way of _______.
(c) Brain washing.
(d) Administering help.
6. Voluntary and involuntary behavior is discussed to show how therapeutic techniques transform an individual into being able to perform certain ______.
(a) Restrictive behaviors.
(b) Trance stages.
(c) New behaviors.
(d) Cognitive recognitions.
This section contains 5,606 words
(approx. 19 pages at 300 words per page)