|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juror Eight get the others to realize that the defendant might not have killed his father although he said "I'm gonna kill you"?
2. Which juror accuses the juror who is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free of wanting to be the defendant's executioner?
3. According to the juror who used to live by the el train, how long would the train take to pass a particular point?
4. What do the actions of Juror Nine in Act II reveal about his character?
5. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the play, the reader is no wiser as to whether the defendant is guilty or innocent. Discuss with reasons whether this is a strength or weakness in the story line.
Essay Topic 2
There are several votes and changing of positions by individual jurors throughout the play. Discuss in detail the incidents in which jurors vote or change their votes and assess the impact which these incidents have on the dramatic quality of the play.
Essay Topic 3
Write a character sketch of Juror Eight, presenting reasons for your portrayal and commenting on this juror's impact on the events in the play.
This section contains 1,013 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)