Short Answer Key
1. What is the setting in which the reader first meets the twelve characters who give the play its name?
The jury room in a New York court.
2. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
3. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
4. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
5. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
A young man is being tried for the murder of his father.
6. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
The death penalty.
7. What is "the burden of proof"?
The principle stating the defendant does not have to prove anything but the prosecution must prove...
This section contains 4,438 words|
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)