|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
(a) The judge.
(b) The foreman.
(c) The defense.
(d) The prosecution.
2. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(b) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
(c) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
(d) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
3. How does the progress of the discussion in Act II affect the behavior of the group of jurors?
(a) As a group, the jurors develop insights that they could not have individually.
(b) The jurors begin to take the defendant more seriously.
(c) The jurors continue to hurry towards a conclusion.
(d) The jurors begin to listen to Juror Eight.
4. State two ways in which the group tries to ensure conformity to the majority view.
(a) By ridiculing and attacking those with dissenting views.
(b) By bullying and ignoring those with dissenting views.
(c) By presenting sound reasons and persuading those with dissenting views.
(d) By referring to details in the evidence and citing the judge's instructions.
5. Which juror becomes the real leader of the group?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Six.
(d) Juror Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the protagonist in the play?
2. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
3. Based on the developments of Act II, what are the jurors on their way to proving?
4. What source of information from the trial do the jurors use to help them estimate the time of the events surrounding the murder?
5. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)