|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
(a) Juror Four.
(b) Juror Seven.
(c) Juror Eleven.
(d) Juror Nine.
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the landing.
(b) On the staircase.
3. Who is the protagonist in the play?
(a) The prosecuting attorney.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Eight.
4. What literary device is used by the writer to create a high level of interest in the play by presenting the strongly contending views of the jurors?
5. What is the difference in height between the defendant and the victim?
(a) The victim if 5'5" and the defendant is 6'0".
(b) The victim is 6'2" and the defendant is only 5'8".
(c) There is no difference.
(d) The defendant is 6'2" and the victim is only 5'8".
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
2. What reason does the juror who changes his mind give for doing so?
3. To what age group does the defendant belong?
4. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
5. Which of the following phrases best describes the protagonist?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)