|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
(a) The friend of the defendant.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) The witness who took the weapon until the police arrived.
(d) The storekeeper who sold the defendant a weapon.
2. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(b) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(c) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(d) He dislikes all foreigners.
3. What impact does the jurors' discovery in Act III about the timing of the events have on some jurors?
(a) They continue to hold their individual views.
(b) They begin to attack each other.
(c) They become impatient and frustrated.
(d) Those who had switched to "not guilty" begin to sway back to "guilty".
4. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) At least thirty years imprisonment.
(b) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
5. According to the juror who has witnessed many knife fights, how would the wound have been inflicted by an experienced fighter?
(a) From the side.
(b) Straight to the heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
2. Based on the play, what two big dangers are associated with leaving the fate of a defendant in the hands of a jury?
3. Why does the writer allow one of the jurors to threaten that he will kill another?
4. What attribute is consistently demonstrated by Juror Eight which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
5. When asking the reason for the change in their votes in Act III, what does a juror point out to the other jurors?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)