|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
(a) The eyewitness has to walk a long way to the door after hearing the body fall.
(b) The eyewitness wears glasses.
(c) The eyewitness is old with impaired vision.
(d) The eyewitness claims to have seen the murder through the windows of a passing elevated train.
2. What significant information about the impact of an el train does the juror who used to live near it share?
(a) It does not run after dark.
(b) It is very heavy.
(c) It is very noisy.
(d) You cannot see clearly through the windows.
3. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was a stormy night.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was noisy because of the train.
(d) It was cold.
4. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Three days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Seven days.
(d) Six days.
5. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
(a) A butcher knife.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A switch blade knife.
(d) A hatchet knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the jurors discuss "reasonable doubt", why does Juror Nine become more and more uneasy?
2. Who are the last two jurors to leave the jury room?
3. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
4. When asking the reason for the change in their votes in Act III, what does a juror point out to the other jurors?
5. What literary device is used by the writer to create a high level of interest in the play by presenting the strongly contending views of the jurors?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)