|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What techniques does the writer use to illustrate the characters of the contending jurors?
(a) Switches in voting and descriptions of their backgrounds.
(b) Description and action.
(c) Dialogue and behavior.
(d) Description and dialogue.
2. According to the juror who used to live by the el train, how long would the train take to pass a particular point?
(a) About 15 seconds.
(b) About 5 seconds.
(c) About 20 seconds.
(d) About 10 seconds.
3. What does Juror Three convey to the jurors by his insistence of the defendant's guilt?
(a) That he has had a family member killed.
(b) That he has personal feelings against the defendant.
(c) That no amount of evidence is likely to make him change his mind.
(d) That he has personal feelings against the other jurors.
4. Which juror declares in Act III that he will never change his vote?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) Juror Seven.
5. On what simple fact does the entire case ultimately hang?
(a) The fact that the alleged eyewitness has impaired vision.
(b) The fact that the murder weapon is not as unusual as the testimony suggested.
(c) The fact that the defendant is shorter than the victim.
(d) The fact that the witness sees the murder through a passing train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
2. As they seek to progress towards resolution, what do the individual jurors have to do in order to carefully analyze the facts of the case?
3. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
4. How do some members of the jury respond to those who disagree?
5. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)