|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the last two jurors to leave the jury room?
(a) The foreman and Juror Eight.
(b) Jurors Eight and Nine.
(c) Jurors Five and Eight.
(d) Jurors Three and Eight.
2. Which of the following phrases best describes the atmosphere that prevails throughout the play?
(a) Tense and emotional.
(b) Emotional and argumentative.
(c) Argumentative and hostile.
(d) Hostile and emotional.
3. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(b) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(c) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(d) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
4. What significant information about the impact of an el train does the juror who used to live near it share?
(a) It does not run after dark.
(b) It is very noisy.
(c) You cannot see clearly through the windows.
(d) It is very heavy.
5. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Six years old.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
2. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
3. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
4. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
5. What impact does the discussion about a detail regarding the crucial witness discussed in Act III have on the jurors?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)