|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
(a) Juror Ten.
(b) Juror Six.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) The foreman.
2. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
(a) He is dissatisfied with the questions asked by the lawyer.
(b) He believes the lawyer was intimidated by the prosecution.
(c) He believes the lawyer was ill-prepared for the defense.
(d) He believes the lawyer did a good job.
3. Where is the bed of the crucial eyewitness discussed in Act III?
(a) Next to an open window across the street from the murder scene.
(b) Next to the door below the murder scene.
(c) Next to the kitchen window near the murder scene.
(d) In an apartment across the street from the station.
4. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
(a) They read the newspaper.
(b) They do not pay attention to the details.
(c) They are casual in their discussions.
(d) They are concerned about how the trial has kept them from attending to their own interests.
5. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He dislikes all foreigners.
(b) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(c) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(d) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the acting out of the old man's movements from his bed to the door, which juror plays the role of the old man?
2. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
3. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
4. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
5. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)