|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting a more accurate timing of the events described by the old man, what do the jurors realize?
(a) It takes 42 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took 10 seconds.
(b) It takes 50 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took10 seconds.
(c) It takes more time than the old man said to move from his bed to the window.
(d) It takes 39 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took 10 seconds.
2. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
(a) The storekeeper who sold the defendant a weapon.
(b) The witness who took the weapon until the police arrived.
(c) The friend of the defendant.
(d) Juror Eight.
3. Which juror reacts to the results of the vote taken after the discussion about intelligence?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Five.
(c) Juror Ten.
(d) Juror Eleven.
4. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(b) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(c) He dislikes all foreigners.
(d) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
5. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
(a) He says he lost it at the football game.
(b) He says he left it at his friend's house.
(c) He says it was stolen.
(d) He says it must have fallen through a hole in his coat pocket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What action follows the vote that the jurors take after discussing the defendant's intelligence?
2. On what else do the jurors vote on early in Act III?
3. What is the result of the vote taken early in Act III about the process in which the jurors are engaged?
4. What does this experience among the jurors demonstrate about group behavior?
5. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)