|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
(a) He presents an identical weapon taken from his own pocket.
(b) He reads an article stating that there are hundreds of similar weapons for sale in the community.
(c) He says he has used a similar weapon for hunting.
(d) He shows pictures of several similar weapons.
2. What attribute is consistently demonstrated by Juror Eight which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
(a) Knowledge of law.
(c) The ability to argue.
(d) Careful attention to details.
3. In the acting out of the old man's movements from his bed to the door, which juror plays the role of the old man?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Five.
(d) The foreman.
4. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(b) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(c) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(d) He dislikes all foreigners.
5. What is the result of the vote that the jurors take immediately after discussing the defendant's intelligence?
(a) Ten vote "not guilty"; two vote "guilty".
(b) Nine vote "not guilty"; three vote "guilty".
(c) Seven vote "guilty"; five vote "not guilty".
(d) Six vote "guilty"; six vote "not guilty".
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
2. What does the crucial eyewitness in Act III claim about the events surrounding the murder?
3. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
4. How do some members of the jury respond to those who disagree?
5. Which juror admits to having changed his vote?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)