|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) The foreman.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) Juror Seven.
2. What does this experience among the jurors demonstrate about group behavior?
(a) The members tend to split into subgroups.
(b) The most vocal member influences others.
(c) In a group, some members have the power to influence others.
(d) The most powerful member influences others.
3. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the table is cluttered.
(b) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(c) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
4. How do some members of the jury respond to those who disagree?
(a) With ostracism and ridicule.
(b) With contradictions.
(c) With additional questions.
(d) With an open mind.
5. Why does a juror change his vote after the discussion in Act II about the defendant's words?
(a) He is from the ghetto and believes the defendant has been the victim of prejudice.
(b) He believes the whole jury is going to change.
(c) Juror Eight proves that people often say things they don't mean.
(d) He says there is now reasonable doubt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
2. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
3. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
4. How does Juror Nine justify his insights about the old man?
5. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)