|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juror Eight question the witness' assertion that he heard the defendant say "I'm gonna kill you"?
(a) He believes the witness is too old to recall such details.
(b) He believes the witness was too far away.
(c) He believes this might not have been possible because of the noise made by the passing train.
(d) He believes the witness is seeking attention.
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the landing.
(b) On the staircase.
3. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
(a) Juror Seven.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) The foreman.
4. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Eleven.
(c) Juror Four.
(d) Juror Seven.
5. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
(a) He says the defendant has been conditioned this way by living in the ghetto.
(b) He says the defendant has been wayward because of bad company.
(c) He says the defendant has an abusive father who has beaten him since he was a young boy.
(d) He says the defendant was left by his mother as a child.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the jurors analyze the evidence and arguments more closely, it becomes evident that the dissenting voter is playing a critical role as an agent of change. Which of the following words best describes this role?
2. What is a hung jury?
3. What does Act iI suggest about the reliability of some witnesses in a trial?
4. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
5. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)