|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the juror who used to live by the el train, how long would the train take to pass a particular point?
(a) About 10 seconds.
(b) About 15 seconds.
(c) About 5 seconds.
(d) About 20 seconds.
2. What literary device is used by the writer to create a high level of interest in the play by presenting the strongly contending views of the jurors?
3. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
(a) To get an early indication of where they stand on the verdict
(b) The verdict is obvious.
(c) So they can leave quickly.
(d) The judge instructs them to do so.
4. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
(a) He tries to play tic-tac-toe with Juror Twelve.
(b) He strikes up a private conversation with Juror Twelve.
(c) He takes out his newspaper and starts reading.
(d) He takes out his notepad and starts drawing.
5. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which juror shares the experience of living near the track of an el train?
2. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
3. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
5. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)