|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
(a) A young boy next door and his mother.
(b) An old man across the street and a woman downstairs.
(c) An old man who lives in the victim's apartment and a woman who lives across the street.
(d) The policeman and the doctor.
2. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
3. Where was the victim wounded?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the stomach.
(d) In the chest.
4. What significant information about the impact of an el train does the juror who used to live near it share?
(a) It is very noisy.
(b) You cannot see clearly through the windows.
(c) It does not run after dark.
(d) It is very heavy.
5. How do the jurors try to get an accurate estimate of the time of the events described by the old man?
(a) They ask for detailed information from the notes of the trial.
(b) They act out the scene in the jury room and time the different events that the old man described.
(c) They ask each juror to explain exactly what he heard the old man say.
(d) They ask the foreman to read over the transcript.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hung jury?
2. How does the involvement of the jury in acting out and assessing the allegations of the old man compare with their earlier attitude towards the evidence?
3. Which words suggest that the defendant should not have to prove his innocence?
4. As the jurors discuss "reasonable doubt", why does Juror Nine become more and more uneasy?
5. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)