|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(b) Because he lost the one he had before.
(c) To give it as a present to his friend.
(d) Because his father beat him.
2. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the table is cluttered.
(b) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(c) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
3. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The foreman does not vote.
(b) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(c) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(d) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
4. How much influence does the foreman have on the other jurors in this case?
(a) A great deal of influence.
(b) He changes the course of the discussion at different stages.
(c) He has little influence.
(d) He hardly speaks.
5. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
(a) That he is a foreigner.
(b) That he enjoys seeing someone else suffer.
(c) That he is prejudiced.
(d) That he is dishonest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
2. Based on the developments of Act II, what are the jurors on their way to proving?
3. What does Act iI suggest about the reliability of some witnesses in a trial?
4. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
5. Which juror shares the experience of living near the track of an el train?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)