|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the victim wounded?
(a) In the head.
(b) In the chest.
(c) In the face.
(d) In the stomach.
2. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
(a) The eyewitness has to walk a long way to the door after hearing the body fall.
(b) The eyewitness wears glasses.
(c) The eyewitness is old with impaired vision.
(d) The eyewitness claims to have seen the murder through the windows of a passing elevated train.
3. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
(a) He takes out his newspaper and starts reading.
(b) He tries to play tic-tac-toe with Juror Twelve.
(c) He strikes up a private conversation with Juror Twelve.
(d) He takes out his notepad and starts drawing.
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the staircase.
(c) On the landing.
5. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
(a) Witness examination.
(b) Reverse examination.
(d) Defense examination.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the juror who used to live by the el train, how long would the train take to pass a particular point?
2. Why does a juror change his vote after the discussion in Act II about the defendant's words?
3. How does Juror Eight get the others to realize that the defendant might not have killed his father although he said "I'm gonna kill you"?
4. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
5. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)