|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is in his thirties.
(c) He is in his early twenties.
(d) He is middle-aged.
2. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
(a) There is a change in the outcome.
(b) Nine jurors vote "guilty" and two vote "not guilty".
(c) All vote "not guilty".
(d) Eight jurors vote "guilty" and three vote "not guilty".
3. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
(a) Insights gained from being a parent.
(b) Insight into human behavior.
(c) Insights gained from previous experience on a jury.
(d) Knowledge of the law.
4. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
(a) They decide to separate into two groups and discuss different aspects of the evidence.
(b) They decide that the eleven men should each take a turn to explain to the dissenting juror why he is wrong.
(c) They decide to take in a verdict of "undecided".
(d) They decide to re-examine the evidence.
5. What is "the burden of proof"?
(a) The responsibility of proving one's innocence.
(b) The responsibility of the jury to come up with the right verdict.
(c) The principle stating the defendant does not have to prove anything but the prosecution must prove guilt.
(d) The responsibility of the judge in proving guilt or innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
2. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
3. Which words suggest that the defendant should not have to prove his innocence?
4. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
5. What important information about the jurors' behavior becomes evident during their deliberations in Act II?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)