|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What starts the physical confrontation between two jurors in Act II?
(a) They confront each other after exchanging harsh words.
(b) Juror Three lunges after Juror Eight, who accuses him of being a sadist who wants to see the defendant die.
(c) Juror Eight lunges after Juror Three, who calls him a sissy.
(d) Juror Three hits Juror Eight, who accuses him of being prejudiced.
2. How does Juror Three justify his assertion that the defendant must have meant it when he said "I'm going to kill you"?
(a) He states the defendant meant it because he then proceeded to kill.
(b) He states that nobody says such words without meaning them.
(c) He states that people always say what they mean when they are angry.
(d) He states the defendant shouted the words angrily.
3. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(a) First degree murder.
(c) Second degree murder.
(d) Murder with malice aforethought.
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(c) On the landing.
(d) On the staircase.
5. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
(a) A man is being tried for the murder of his son.
(b) A boy is being tried for the murder of a man downstairs.
(c) A man is being tried for the murder of the woman next door.
(d) A young man is being tried for the murder of his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
2. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
3. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
4. How does Juror Eight get the others to realize that the defendant might not have killed his father although he said "I'm gonna kill you"?
5. How does Juror Eight's participation in the altercation with Juror Three differ from his usual approach?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)