|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
(a) He takes out his newspaper and starts reading.
(b) He takes out his notepad and starts drawing.
(c) He strikes up a private conversation with Juror Twelve.
(d) He tries to play tic-tac-toe with Juror Twelve.
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the landing.
(c) On the staircase.
3. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
(a) They decide that the eleven men should each take a turn to explain to the dissenting juror why he is wrong.
(b) They decide to take in a verdict of "undecided".
(c) They decide to re-examine the evidence.
(d) They decide to separate into two groups and discuss different aspects of the evidence.
4. How do the jurors try to get an accurate estimate of the time of the events described by the old man?
(a) They ask for detailed information from the notes of the trial.
(b) They act out the scene in the jury room and time the different events that the old man described.
(c) They ask each juror to explain exactly what he heard the old man say.
(d) They ask the foreman to read over the transcript.
5. What does the behavior of most of the jurors demonstrate about the decisions reached by juries?
(a) They only reach verdicts after protracted arguments and conflict.
(b) If at least one juror is reliable, the others can be influenced.
(c) They might be affected by factors that have nothing to do with the evidence.
(d) They are always reliable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the victim wounded?
2. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
3. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
4. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
5. Which two jurors are moved by the discovery about the timing involved in the old man's story?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)