|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) Around midday.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Just after midnight.
2. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
(a) A man is being tried for the murder of his son.
(b) A boy is being tried for the murder of a man downstairs.
(c) A young man is being tried for the murder of his father.
(d) A man is being tried for the murder of the woman next door.
3. What does Juror Eight explain to the juror who asks who killed the man if it was not the defendant?
(a) That he doesn't understand how juries work.
(b) That he can raise that question after they have decided on this defendant.
(c) That this jury's job is to decide whether this defendant is guilty, not to consider any other suspect.
(d) That he did not listen carefully to the judge's instructions.
4. Which juror says he would change his vote if he could find one reason to make him question the defendant's guilt?
(a) Juror Four.
(b) Juror Seven.
(c) Juror Two.
(d) Juror Ten.
5. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(c) On the landing.
(d) On the staircase.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which words suggest that the defendant should not have to prove his innocence?
2. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
3. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
4. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
5. Which two jurors are moved by the discovery about the timing involved in the old man's story?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)