|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two jurors are moved by the discovery that the old man would have taken longer than he said to move from his bed to the door after hearing the noise upstairs?
(a) The foreman and Juror Six.
(b) Jurors Two and Six.
(c) Jurors Ten and Twelve.
(d) The foreman and Juror Four.
2. How does Juror Eight capitalize on the error made by Juror Three in threatening to kill him?
(a) He asks the other jurors if they think that Juror Three would really kill him.
(b) He tells the other jurors "See? He said what he didn't mean."
(c) He asks Juror Three if he would really kill him.
(d) He asks Juror Three whether he really means that.
3. Why does the writer allow one of the jurors to threaten that he will kill another?
(a) To demonstrate the level of tension and conflict.
(b) To prove how angry he is.
(c) To prove the point that people often utter threats that they do not intend to carry out.
(d) To show how much he hates the man who voted against the others.
4. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
(a) The defendant cannot name the friend he was with.
(b) Noone saw the defendant.
(c) The ticket collector at the game does not remember the defendent
(d) The defendant can give no details about what he claims to have been doing.
5. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which words suggest that the defendant should not have to prove his innocence?
2. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
3. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
4. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
5. What does this experience among the jurors demonstrate about group behavior?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)