|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the decision making process conducted by a group more complex than one that is made by just an individual?
(a) It takes time for everyone to express personal views in a group.
(b) It is not more complex, it just takes longer.
(c) People influence each other in a group.
(d) In a group there are many contending personalities and views.
2. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A switch blade knife.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A hatchet knife.
3. As the jurors analyze the evidence and arguments more closely, it becomes evident that the dissenting voter is playing a critical role as an agent of change. Which of the following words best describes this role?
4. What do the actions of Juror Nine in Act II reveal about his character?
(a) He is afraid of Juror Eight.
(b) He has thought about the evidence.
(c) He is willing to stand up for his beliefs in spite of pressure.
(d) He believes the defendant is innocent.
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) The foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
2. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
3. Which words suggest that the defendant should not have to prove his innocence?
4. Which juror shares the experience of living near the track of an el train?
5. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)