|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting a more accurate timing of the events described by the old man, what do the jurors realize?
(a) It takes 50 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took10 seconds.
(b) It takes more time than the old man said to move from his bed to the window.
(c) It takes 42 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took 10 seconds.
(d) It takes 39 seconds to get to a certain point which the old man said took 10 seconds.
2. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
(a) He has been in and out of prison for stealing cars.
(b) He has had a difficult life in a ghetto without a father.
(c) He has had a difficult life in a ghetto; his mother is dead and his father has beaten him regularly.
(d) He is an orphan and member of a minority group.
3. What significant information about the impact of an el train does the juror who used to live near it share?
(a) It does not run after dark.
(b) It is very noisy.
(c) You cannot see clearly through the windows.
(d) It is very heavy.
4. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
(a) Defense examination.
(b) Witness examination.
(d) Reverse examination.
5. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was a stormy night.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was noisy because of the train.
(d) It was too hot to sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the involvement of the jury in acting out and assessing the allegations of the old man compare with their earlier attitude towards the evidence?
2. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
3. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
4. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
5. What important shift in the attitude of many jurors takes place during the debates in Act II about the case?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)