|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Six.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Ten.
2. What is the reaction to the vote taken at the end of Act 1?
(a) Everone is angry except Juror Eight.
(b) Juror Three is outraged and accuses Juror Five of changing his vote because of Juror Eight..
(c) Juror Ten attacks Juror Eight.
(d) The foreman declares the vote null and void.
3. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(b) To give it as a present to his friend.
(c) Because his father beat him.
(d) Because he lost the one he had before.
4. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(b) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(c) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(d) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Three.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) The foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the altercation between two jurors, what words used by Juror Three shed light on the earlier discussion about whether people always mean what they say in anger?
2. In the acting out of the old man's movements from his bed to the door, which juror plays the role of the old man?
3. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
4. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
5. How does the involvement of the jury in acting out and assessing the allegations of the old man compare with their earlier attitude towards the evidence?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)