|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Juror Eight question the witness' assertion that he heard the defendant say "I'm gonna kill you"?
(a) He believes the witness was too far away.
(b) He believes the witness is seeking attention.
(c) He believes this might not have been possible because of the noise made by the passing train.
(d) He believes the witness is too old to recall such details.
2. What does Juror Three convey to the jurors by his insistence of the defendant's guilt?
(a) That he has personal feelings against the other jurors.
(b) That he has personal feelings against the defendant.
(c) That he has had a family member killed.
(d) That no amount of evidence is likely to make him change his mind.
3. As the jurors discuss "reasonable doubt", why does Juror Nine become more and more uneasy?
(a) Because he sees the importance of thorough deliberations, and most of the jurors are in a hurry.
(b) Because of the conflict and tension among the jurors.
(c) Because he is anxious to leave.
(d) Because he realizes he might have voted incorrectly.
4. Which juror is an immigrant to the United States?
(a) Juror Four.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Eleven.
(d) Juror Seven.
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) The foreman.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
2. As the jurors analyze the evidence and arguments more closely, it becomes evident that the dissenting voter is playing a critical role as an agent of change. Which of the following words best describes this role?
3. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
4. How much influence does the foreman have on the other jurors in this case?
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)