|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important shift in the attitude of many jurors takes place during the debates in Act II about the case?
(a) They become calmer and participate less in the discussion.
(b) They withdraw and consider their own feelings.
(c) They are more agitated because so much time is passing.
(d) They become more sober and thoughtful in discussing the issues.
2. What does this experience among the jurors demonstrate about group behavior?
(a) The members tend to split into subgroups.
(b) The most vocal member influences others.
(c) In a group, some members have the power to influence others.
(d) The most powerful member influences others.
3. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Thirteen years old.
(d) Nine years old.
4. How old is the man who gives evidence about the events he heard from his room?
5. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
(a) The foreman.
(b) The defense.
(c) The judge.
(d) The prosecution.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
2. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
3. How does Juror Three justify his assertion that the defendant must have meant it when he said "I'm going to kill you"?
4. What does Juror Three do to infuriate Juror Eight in Act II?
5. What is "the burden of proof"?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)