|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
(a) He says the defendant has been wayward because of bad company.
(b) He says the defendant has been conditioned this way by living in the ghetto.
(c) He says the defendant has an abusive father who has beaten him since he was a young boy.
(d) He says the defendant was left by his mother as a child.
2. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
3. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(b) Because the table is cluttered.
(c) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
4. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) The foreman.
(d) Juror four.
5. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(b) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(c) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(d) The foreman does not vote.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
2. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
3. What is the defendant's alibi?
4. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
5. What is a hung jury?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)