|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was noisy because of the train.
(b) It was a stormy night.
(c) It was too hot to sleep.
(d) It was cold.
2. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
3. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
(a) That the arguments presented by the dissenting juror had some effect.
(b) That the evidence is clearer after the discussion.
(c) That the foreman does a good job of managing the ballot.
(d) That the dissenting juror is right in his "not guilty" verdict.
4. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) Juror Seven.
5. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
(a) They are enlightened.
(b) They are astonished and one says that it is illegal to purchase such things.
(c) They begin to fight him.
(d) They claim he is a criminal just like the defendant.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
2. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
3. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
4. What is a hung jury?
5. What does the behavior of most of the jurors demonstrate about the decisions reached by juries?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)