|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
(a) He believes that the defendant is innocent.
(b) He is not certain that the defendant is guilty.
(c) He believes the presentation of the case is prejudiced.
(d) He believes the witnesses are unreliable.
2. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
(a) The storekeeper who sold the defendant a weapon.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) The friend of the defendant.
(d) The witness who took the weapon until the police arrived.
3. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(b) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(c) He dislikes all foreigners.
(d) He dislikes all Caucasians.
4. What is the defendant's alibi?
(a) He claims to have been at the movies.
(b) He claims to have been at the store.
(c) He claims to have been at the ball game.
(d) He claims to have been hanging out with his friends.
5. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
(a) That the foreman does a good job of managing the ballot.
(b) That the arguments presented by the dissenting juror had some effect.
(c) That the evidence is clearer after the discussion.
(d) That the dissenting juror is right in his "not guilty" verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
2. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
3. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
4. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
5. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)