|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(b) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
(c) The death penalty.
(d) At least thirty years imprisonment.
2. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
(a) A pen knife.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A hatchet knife.
(d) A switch blade knife.
3. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
(a) Noone saw the defendant.
(b) The defendant cannot name the friend he was with.
(c) The defendant can give no details about what he claims to have been doing.
(d) The ticket collector at the game does not remember the defendent
4. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has been charged with murder before.
(b) He has been to prison before.
(c) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
(d) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
5. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
(a) The verdict is obvious.
(b) The judge instructs them to do so.
(c) To get an early indication of where they stand on the verdict
(d) So they can leave quickly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
2. To what age group does the defendant belong?
3. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
4. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
5. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)