|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
(a) "I hate you and I am going to kill you!"
(b) "You are the worst father and I wish you were dead!"
(c) "I'm gonna kill you!"
(d) "I hate you and I wish you were dead!"
2. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
(a) The defense.
(b) The judge.
(c) The foreman.
(d) The prosecution.
3. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Nine.
4. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
(a) He presents an identical weapon taken from his own pocket.
(b) He shows pictures of several similar weapons.
(c) He reads an article stating that there are hundreds of similar weapons for sale in the community.
(d) He says he has used a similar weapon for hunting.
5. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
(b) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
(c) Juror Six says America is a free country.
(d) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
2. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
3. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
4. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
5. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)