|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
(a) 3, 4, 11 and 12.
(b) 6,7,1 and 3.
(c) 3, 6, 9 and 12.
(d) 4, 7, 3 and 11.
2. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
(a) There is a change in the outcome.
(b) All vote "not guilty".
(c) Nine jurors vote "guilty" and two vote "not guilty".
(d) Eight jurors vote "guilty" and three vote "not guilty".
3. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
(b) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(c) Because the table is cluttered.
(d) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
4. What is the defendant's alibi?
(a) He claims to have been at the store.
(b) He claims to have been at the movies.
(c) He claims to have been hanging out with his friends.
(d) He claims to have been at the ball game.
5. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
(a) They are astonished and one says that it is illegal to purchase such things.
(b) They begin to fight him.
(c) They claim he is a criminal just like the defendant.
(d) They are enlightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
2. What is a hung jury?
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
4. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
5. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)