|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
(b) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(c) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
(d) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
2. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
(a) They claim he is a criminal just like the defendant.
(b) They are enlightened.
(c) They are astonished and one says that it is illegal to purchase such things.
(d) They begin to fight him.
3. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was noisy because of the train.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was a stormy night.
(d) It was cold.
4. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(b) First degree murder.
(c) Murder with malice aforethought.
(d) Second degree murder.
5. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
(a) That the evidence is clearer after the discussion.
(b) That the dissenting juror is right in his "not guilty" verdict.
(c) That the foreman does a good job of managing the ballot.
(d) That the arguments presented by the dissenting juror had some effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
2. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
3. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
4. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
5. What is "the burden of proof"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)