|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was a stormy night.
(b) It was noisy because of the train.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was too hot to sleep.
2. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
(a) He says he lost it at the football game.
(b) He says it must have fallen through a hole in his coat pocket.
(c) He says he left it at his friend's house.
(d) He says it was stolen.
3. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
(a) Eight jurors vote "guilty" and three vote "not guilty".
(b) Nine jurors vote "guilty" and two vote "not guilty".
(c) There is a change in the outcome.
(d) All vote "not guilty".
4. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
5. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Five days.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the discussion, what kind of relationship exists between the victim and the defendant?
2. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
3. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
4. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
5. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)