|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has been charged with murder before.
(b) He has been to prison before.
(c) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(d) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
2. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Six days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Five days.
3. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
4. What does the behavior of most of the jurors demonstrate about the decisions reached by juries?
(a) If at least one juror is reliable, the others can be influenced.
(b) They are always reliable.
(c) They might be affected by factors that have nothing to do with the evidence.
(d) They only reach verdicts after protracted arguments and conflict.
5. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is in his thirties.
(b) He is in his early twenties.
(c) He is middle-aged.
(d) He is a teenager.
Short Answer Questions
1. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
2. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
3. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
4. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
5. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)