|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(b) At least thirty years imprisonment.
(c) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
(d) The death penalty.
2. What is the defendant's alibi?
(a) He claims to have been at the movies.
(b) He claims to have been at the store.
(c) He claims to have been hanging out with his friends.
(d) He claims to have been at the ball game.
3. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was a stormy night.
(b) It was cold.
(c) It was noisy because of the train.
(d) It was too hot to sleep.
4. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(b) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(c) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(d) He dislikes all foreigners.
5. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
(a) He is dissatisfied with the questions asked by the lawyer.
(b) He believes the lawyer was intimidated by the prosecution.
(c) He believes the lawyer was ill-prepared for the defense.
(d) He believes the lawyer did a good job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
2. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
3. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
4. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
5. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)