|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was too hot to sleep.
(b) It was a stormy night.
(c) It was noisy because of the train.
(d) It was cold.
2. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Eight.
3. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
4. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
5. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
(a) He reads an article stating that there are hundreds of similar weapons for sale in the community.
(b) He presents an identical weapon taken from his own pocket.
(c) He shows pictures of several similar weapons.
(d) He says he has used a similar weapon for hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
2. What is the defendant's alibi?
3. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
4. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
5. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)