|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
(b) Juror Six says America is a free country.
(c) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
(d) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
2. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(b) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
(c) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
(d) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
3. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
(a) They claim he is a criminal just like the defendant.
(b) They are astonished and one says that it is illegal to purchase such things.
(c) They begin to fight him.
(d) They are enlightened.
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(b) On the staircase.
(d) On the landing.
5. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
(a) A man of conviction who does not believe in prejudice.
(b) A man of conviction who takes the role of the jury very seriously.
(c) A man who owns his own business and can control his own use of time.
(d) A man who is not employed so he has no urgent business to conduct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
2. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
3. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
4. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
5. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)