|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
(a) A young boy next door and his mother.
(b) An old man who lives in the victim's apartment and a woman who lives across the street.
(c) An old man across the street and a woman downstairs.
(d) The policeman and the doctor.
2. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
3. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) Around midday.
(b) Early in the morning.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Just after midnight.
4. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) Juror Six says America is a free country.
(b) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
(c) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
(d) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
5. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has been charged with murder before.
(b) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(c) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
(d) He has been to prison before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hung jury?
2. What does the behavior of most of the jurors demonstrate about the decisions reached by juries?
3. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
4. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
5. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)