|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
(a) Prejudice against foreigners and class prejudice.
(b) Prejudice against the poor and prejudice against the uneducated.
(c) Color prejudice and racial prejudice.
(d) Prejudice against some ethnic groups and prejudice against people from certain areas.
2. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
(a) He believes the lawyer was intimidated by the prosecution.
(b) He believes the lawyer did a good job.
(c) He is dissatisfied with the questions asked by the lawyer.
(d) He believes the lawyer was ill-prepared for the defense.
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
(a) Juror four.
(b) The foreman.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) Juror Eight.
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the landing.
(c) On the staircase.
5. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(b) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
(c) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
(d) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
2. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
3. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
4. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
5. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)