|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
2. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
(a) He is an orphan and member of a minority group.
(b) He has had a difficult life in a ghetto without a father.
(c) He has been in and out of prison for stealing cars.
(d) He has had a difficult life in a ghetto; his mother is dead and his father has beaten him regularly.
3. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) Just after midnight.
(b) Around midday.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
4. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
(a) Prejudice against foreigners and class prejudice.
(b) Prejudice against some ethnic groups and prejudice against people from certain areas.
(c) Prejudice against the poor and prejudice against the uneducated.
(d) Color prejudice and racial prejudice.
5. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
(a) To get an early indication of where they stand on the verdict
(b) The judge instructs them to do so.
(c) So they can leave quickly.
(d) The verdict is obvious.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hung jury?
2. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
3. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
4. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
5. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)