|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(b) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(c) Because the table is cluttered.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
2. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
(a) The policeman and the doctor.
(b) An old man who lives in the victim's apartment and a woman who lives across the street.
(c) An old man across the street and a woman downstairs.
(d) A young boy next door and his mother.
3. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is middle-aged.
(c) He is in his thirties.
(d) He is in his early twenties.
4. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
(a) He says the defendant has been wayward because of bad company.
(b) He says the defendant has an abusive father who has beaten him since he was a young boy.
(c) He says the defendant has been conditioned this way by living in the ghetto.
(d) He says the defendant was left by his mother as a child.
5. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) Juror Seven.
(c) The foreman.
(d) Juror Nine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the defendant's alibi?
2. Where was the victim wounded?
3. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
4. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
5. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)