|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(b) The death penalty.
(c) At least thirty years imprisonment.
(d) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
2. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
(b) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
(c) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
(d) Juror Six says America is a free country.
3. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the staircase.
(d) On the landing.
4. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
5. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(b) Because the table is cluttered.
(c) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
(d) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
2. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
3. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
4. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
5. According to the discussion, what kind of relationship exists between the victim and the defendant?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)