|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(b) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(c) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(d) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
2. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
3. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
(a) A man of conviction who does not believe in prejudice.
(b) A man who owns his own business and can control his own use of time.
(c) A man of conviction who takes the role of the jury very seriously.
(d) A man who is not employed so he has no urgent business to conduct.
4. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(b) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
(c) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(d) He dislikes all foreigners.
5. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
(a) He borrowed it from a policeman who said they confiscate them from schoolboys all the time.
(b) He purchased it for $2.00 from a shop near the defendant's house.
(c) He purchased it for $10 from a hunting shop nearby.
(d) He found it on the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
2. What is a hung jury?
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
4. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
5. To what age group does the defendant belong?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)