|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is in his thirties.
(b) He is a teenager.
(c) He is in his early twenties.
(d) He is middle-aged.
2. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(b) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(c) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(d) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
3. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(b) He has been to prison before.
(c) He has been charged with murder before.
(d) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
4. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was noisy because of the train.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was a stormy night.
5. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
(a) He says the defendant was left by his mother as a child.
(b) He says the defendant has been conditioned this way by living in the ghetto.
(c) He says the defendant has been wayward because of bad company.
(d) He says the defendant has an abusive father who has beaten him since he was a young boy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
2. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
3. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
4. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
5. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)