|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
(b) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
(c) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(d) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
2. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is in his early twenties.
(b) He is in his thirties.
(c) He is middle-aged.
(d) He is a teenager.
3. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
(a) He says it was stolen.
(b) He says he left it at his friend's house.
(c) He says he lost it at the football game.
(d) He says it must have fallen through a hole in his coat pocket.
4. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
(b) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(c) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
(d) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
5. What is the defendant's alibi?
(a) He claims to have been at the ball game.
(b) He claims to have been hanging out with his friends.
(c) He claims to have been at the store.
(d) He claims to have been at the movies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a hung jury?
2. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
4. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
5. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)