|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
(a) They suggest that he is inferior because he is from the ghetto.
(b) They say he is the only one and they will return a "hung jury" verdict.
(c) They suggest that he is not intelligent enough to understand the evidence.
(d) They suggest that he is on the side of law breakers.
2. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(b) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(c) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(d) The foreman does not vote.
3. According to the discussion, what kind of relationship exists between the victim and the defendant?
(a) A good relationship even though there are occasional quarrels.
(b) A violent relationship with frequent fights.
(c) A relationship of bitterness and resentment.
(d) A distant relationship with little communication.
4. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(b) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(c) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(d) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(b) Because he lost the one he had before.
(c) Because his father beat him.
(d) To give it as a present to his friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
2. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
3. Where was the victim wounded?
4. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
5. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)