|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
(a) He purchased it for $2.00 from a shop near the defendant's house.
(b) He found it on the street.
(c) He borrowed it from a policeman who said they confiscate them from schoolboys all the time.
(d) He purchased it for $10 from a hunting shop nearby.
2. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
(a) He says he has used a similar weapon for hunting.
(b) He shows pictures of several similar weapons.
(c) He presents an identical weapon taken from his own pocket.
(d) He reads an article stating that there are hundreds of similar weapons for sale in the community.
3. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six days.
4. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
(a) On the second floor of the apartment building where the murder occured.
(b) Across the street.
(c) On the same floor where the murder occurred.
(d) On the ground floor.
5. Where was the victim wounded?
(a) In the face.
(b) In the stomach.
(c) In the chest.
(d) In the head.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
2. What is the defendant's alibi?
3. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
4. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
5. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)