|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
(a) They are concerned about how the trial has kept them from attending to their own interests.
(b) They read the newspaper.
(c) They are casual in their discussions.
(d) They do not pay attention to the details.
2. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
(b) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(c) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
(d) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
(a) Juror four.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) The foreman.
4. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
(a) 3, 6, 9 and 12.
(b) 6,7,1 and 3.
(c) 3, 4, 11 and 12.
(d) 4, 7, 3 and 11.
5. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(b) At least thirty years imprisonment.
(c) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
(d) The death penalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
2. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
3. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
4. Where was the victim wounded?
5. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)