|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
(a) They suggest that he is on the side of law breakers.
(b) They suggest that he is inferior because he is from the ghetto.
(c) They suggest that he is not intelligent enough to understand the evidence.
(d) They say he is the only one and they will return a "hung jury" verdict.
2. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) The foreman.
(d) Juror Seven.
3. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
(a) They are concerned about how the trial has kept them from attending to their own interests.
(b) They are casual in their discussions.
(c) They do not pay attention to the details.
(d) They read the newspaper.
4. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
(a) So they can leave quickly.
(b) The verdict is obvious.
(c) The judge instructs them to do so.
(d) To get an early indication of where they stand on the verdict
5. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
(a) A man of conviction who takes the role of the jury very seriously.
(b) A man who is not employed so he has no urgent business to conduct.
(c) A man of conviction who does not believe in prejudice.
(d) A man who owns his own business and can control his own use of time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
2. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
3. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
4. What is a hung jury?
5. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)