|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because he lost the one he had before.
(b) To give it as a present to his friend.
(c) Because his father beat him.
(d) Because the one he had before was stolen.
2. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Thirteen years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Nine years old.
3. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(b) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(c) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(d) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
4. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) Just after midnight.
(c) Around midday.
(d) Early in the morning.
5. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
(a) They suggest that he is on the side of law breakers.
(b) They suggest that he is not intelligent enough to understand the evidence.
(c) They suggest that he is inferior because he is from the ghetto.
(d) They say he is the only one and they will return a "hung jury" verdict.
Short Answer Questions
1. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
2. What kind of man is the dissenting juror?
3. Where was the victim wounded?
4. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
5. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)