|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) The witness who took the weapon until the police arrived.
(c) The storekeeper who sold the defendant a weapon.
(d) The friend of the defendant.
2. Why does the dissenting juror challenge the fact that other jurors are willing to take the alleged eyewitness' word when they would not accept the defendant's word?
(a) Because they assert that all people from the defendant's community are liars and the eyewitness is from the area.
(b) Because they assert that the eyewitness was unreliable.
(c) Because the eyewitness belongs to the same family as the victim.
(d) Because the eyewitness belongs to the same ethnic group.
3. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Six days.
4. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
(a) They show a videotape illustrating how the murder could have been seen.
(b) The jury is taken to the home of the eyewitness to observe the conditions under which the murder was witnessed.
(c) They present other witnesses who say the same thing.
(d) They provide pictures of the apartment and the surroundings.
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because his father beat him.
(b) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(c) To give it as a present to his friend.
(d) Because he lost the one he had before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
2. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
3. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
4. What is the reaction of the jury when the dissenting juror discredits the allegation that the weapon is unique?
5. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)