|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(b) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(c) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(d) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
2. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
(a) He purchased it for $2.00 from a shop near the defendant's house.
(b) He found it on the street.
(c) He purchased it for $10 from a hunting shop nearby.
(d) He borrowed it from a policeman who said they confiscate them from schoolboys all the time.
3. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
(a) They read the newspaper.
(b) They are concerned about how the trial has kept them from attending to their own interests.
(c) They are casual in their discussions.
(d) They do not pay attention to the details.
4. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
(a) A switch blade knife.
(b) A pen knife.
(c) A butcher knife.
(d) A hatchet knife.
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) The foreman.
(d) Juror Eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
2. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
3. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
4. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
5. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)