|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
(a) He is dissatisfied with the questions asked by the lawyer.
(b) He believes the lawyer was intimidated by the prosecution.
(c) He believes the lawyer did a good job.
(d) He believes the lawyer was ill-prepared for the defense.
2. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(b) Murder with malice aforethought.
(c) Second degree murder.
(d) First degree murder.
3. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) Just after midnight.
(c) Early in the morning.
(d) Around midday.
4. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
5. What sentence must the defendant face if proven guilty?
(a) The death penalty.
(b) Life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
(c) Life imprisonment with the possibility of parole.
(d) At least thirty years imprisonment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "the burden of proof"?
2. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
3. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
4. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
5. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)