|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the staircase.
(d) On the landing.
2. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(a) First degree murder.
(b) Second degree murder.
(c) Murder with malice aforethought.
3. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the table is cluttered.
(b) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(c) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
4. What important information about the jurors' behavior becomes evident during their deliberations in Act II?
(a) They are influenced by the judge's instructions.
(b) Their judgment is affected by their own personal experiences and values.
(c) They do not pay much attention to the facts.
(d) They are not interested in justice.
5. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
(a) They show a videotape illustrating how the murder could have been seen.
(b) They provide pictures of the apartment and the surroundings.
(c) The jury is taken to the home of the eyewitness to observe the conditions under which the murder was witnessed.
(d) They present other witnesses who say the same thing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the antagonist in the play?
2. How does Juror Eight's participation in the altercation with Juror Three differ from his usual approach?
3. What action do the jurors take as a result of Juror Two's observations about the murder wound?
4. What is the major cause of the conflict that develops among the jurors?
5. What important observation does Juror Two make about the testimony concerning the wound to the victim?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)