|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was a stormy night.
(c) It was too hot to sleep.
(d) It was noisy because of the train.
2. What does Juror Three suggest about how much time the murder would have taken?
(a) That because it is a stabbing, the victim would have bled a lot after the defendant cleaned up.
(b) That the victim would have died instantly.
(c) That the victim's blood would only have been on the wall.
(d) He says that in a stabbing, the victim might not have died instantly.
3. What is the difference in height between the defendant and the victim?
(a) The victim if 5'5" and the defendant is 6'0".
(b) There is no difference.
(c) The victim is 6'2" and the defendant is only 5'8".
(d) The defendant is 6'2" and the victim is only 5'8".
4. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because his father beat him.
(b) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(c) Because he lost the one he had before.
(d) To give it as a present to his friend.
5. According to the juror who has witnessed many knife fights, how would the wound have been inflicted by an experienced fighter?
(b) Straight to the heart.
(d) From the side.
Short Answer Questions
1. What significant words does a juror use in response to the angry outburst of the juror who explodes in Act III?
2. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
3. State two ways in which the group tries to ensure conformity to the majority view.
4. Based on the developments of Act II, what are the jurors on their way to proving?
5. What is the response of Juror Four to the threat made by another juror after the jurors discuss the crucial witness and vote in Act III?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)