|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What attribute is consistently demonstrated by Juror Eight which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
(b) The ability to argue.
(c) Careful attention to details.
(d) Knowledge of law.
2. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
(b) Juror Six says America is a free country.
(c) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
(d) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
3. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
(a) Just after midnight.
(b) Around midday.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) Early in the morning.
4. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Eleven years old.
(b) Six years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
5. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
Short Answer Questions
1. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
2. What does Juror Nine observe about the old man witness, which leads to his insights about his life?
3. What are the last words spoken in the play?
4. How does Juror Eight capitalize on the error made by Juror Three in threatening to kill him?
5. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)