|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Juror Eleven provide support for the observation made by Juror Eight about the crucial witness?
(a) He recalls that the witness also uses a walking stick.
(b) He recalls that the witness' glasses are very thick bifocals.
(c) He recalls that the witness walks with a limp.
(d) He recalls that the witness' hearing aid is turned up to a high volume.
2. In the altercation between two jurors, what words used by Juror Three shed light on the earlier discussion about whether people always mean what they say in anger?
(a) "That's it! I'll kill you!"
(b) "Touch me and I'll kill you!"
(c) "Let me just get my hands on him!"
(d) "I'll kill him!" I'll kill him!"
3. Who is left holding a weapon at the end of the play?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Five.
(d) The foreman.
4. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
(a) He believes the lawyer was ill-prepared for the defense.
(b) He is dissatisfied with the questions asked by the lawyer.
(c) He believes the lawyer was intimidated by the prosecution.
(d) He believes the lawyer did a good job.
5. What impact does the jurors' discovery in Act III about the timing of the events have on some jurors?
(a) They begin to attack each other.
(b) They become impatient and frustrated.
(c) Those who had switched to "not guilty" begin to sway back to "guilty".
(d) They continue to hold their individual views.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main outcome of this discussion about the words spoken by the defendant?
2. What reason does the juror who changes his mind give for doing so?
3. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
4. Who are the last two jurors to leave the jury room?
5. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)