|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
(a) Nine jurors vote "guilty" and two vote "not guilty".
(b) There is a change in the outcome.
(c) Eight jurors vote "guilty" and three vote "not guilty".
(d) All vote "not guilty".
2. Why does a juror change his vote after the discussion in Act II about the defendant's words?
(a) He believes the whole jury is going to change.
(b) He is from the ghetto and believes the defendant has been the victim of prejudice.
(c) He says there is now reasonable doubt.
(d) Juror Eight proves that people often say things they don't mean.
3. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(b) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(c) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(d) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
4. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
(a) He purchased it for $10 from a hunting shop nearby.
(b) He found it on the street.
(c) He purchased it for $2.00 from a shop near the defendant's house.
(d) He borrowed it from a policeman who said they confiscate them from schoolboys all the time.
5. Which juror admits to having changed his vote?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Eleven.
(c) Juror Ten.
(d) Juror Five.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
2. What action follows the vote that the jurors take after discussing the defendant's intelligence?
3. What does Juror Eleven assert in defense of the result of the second vote?
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
5. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)