|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which juror accuses the juror who is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free of wanting to be the defendant's executioner?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) Juror Five.
(d) Juror four.
2. Where is the bed of the crucial eyewitness discussed in Act III?
(a) Next to the kitchen window near the murder scene.
(b) Next to an open window across the street from the murder scene.
(c) In an apartment across the street from the station.
(d) Next to the door below the murder scene.
3. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
(b) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(c) He has been to prison before.
(d) He has been charged with murder before.
4. Why is it necessary for the jury to repeat their discussion of evidence that they discussed at the very beginning of the play?
(a) At the beginning, no one is listening or analyzing the facts.
(b) There are too many details to remember.
(c) At the beginning, they are arguing bitterly.
(d) At the beginning, they are annoyed with the dissenting voter.
5. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Seven days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Six days.
(d) Three days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main outcome of this discussion about the words spoken by the defendant?
2. What threat is made by a juror after the vote is taken upon completion of the discussion in Act III about a crucial female witness?
3. How does the defendant account for the fact that after the murder he does not have the weapon he bought?
4. To what age group does the defendant belong?
5. What does this experience among the jurors demonstrate about group behavior?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)