|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
(a) He believes the witnesses are unreliable.
(b) He believes that the defendant is innocent.
(c) He believes the presentation of the case is prejudiced.
(d) He is not certain that the defendant is guilty.
2. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The foreman does not vote.
(b) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(c) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(d) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
3. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was noisy because of the train.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was a stormy night.
(d) It was cold.
4. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
(a) A hatchet knife.
(b) A butcher knife.
(c) A switch blade knife.
(d) A pen knife.
5. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
(a) On the same floor where the murder occurred.
(b) On the ground floor.
(c) On the second floor of the apartment building where the murder occured.
(d) Across the street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror feel about the job done by the lawyer for the defendant?
2. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
3. According to the discussion, what kind of relationship exists between the victim and the defendant?
4. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
5. Where was the victim wounded?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)