|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
(a) He dislikes all people who are not of his racial background.
(b) He dislikes all foreigners.
(c) He dislikes all Caucasians.
(d) He has lived among people "like the defendant" and they cannot be trusted.
2. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
(a) Reverse examination.
(c) Defense examination.
(d) Witness examination.
3. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
(a) They suggest that he is not intelligent enough to understand the evidence.
(b) They suggest that he is inferior because he is from the ghetto.
(c) They suggest that he is on the side of law breakers.
(d) They say he is the only one and they will return a "hung jury" verdict.
4. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was a stormy night.
(d) It was noisy because of the train.
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) The foreman.
(c) Juror Nine.
(d) Juror Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
2. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
3. Why does the dissenting juror challenge the fact that other jurors are willing to take the alleged eyewitness' word when they would not accept the defendant's word?
4. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
5. What is the defendant's alibi?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)