|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(b) First degree murder.
(c) Second degree murder.
(d) Murder with malice aforethought.
2. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
(b) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(c) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(d) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
3. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
(a) The foreman.
(b) The defense.
(c) The judge.
(d) The prosecution.
4. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
(a) "I hate you and I am going to kill you!"
(b) "I'm gonna kill you!"
(c) "You are the worst father and I wish you were dead!"
(d) "I hate you and I wish you were dead!"
5. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
(a) A man is being tried for the murder of the woman next door.
(b) A boy is being tried for the murder of a man downstairs.
(c) A young man is being tried for the murder of his father.
(d) A man is being tried for the murder of his son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the old man who testifies for the prosecution live?
2. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
3. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
4. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
5. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)