|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was too hot to sleep.
(b) It was noisy because of the train.
(c) It was cold.
(d) It was a stormy night.
2. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(a) First degree murder.
(c) Murder with malice aforethought.
(d) Second degree murder.
3. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(b) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(c) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(d) The foreman does not vote.
4. What is the defendant's alibi?
(a) He claims to have been at the ball game.
(b) He claims to have been at the movies.
(c) He claims to have been at the store.
(d) He claims to have been hanging out with his friends.
5. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(b) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
(c) Because the table is cluttered.
(d) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
2. According to the discussion, what kind of relationship exists between the victim and the defendant?
3. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
4. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
5. What comment by Juror Ten reveals his prejudice?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)