|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
2. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) The foreman.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) Juror Eight.
3. Why is the murder weapon jammed into the wall?
(a) So everyone can see how unusual it is.
(b) Because the foreman does not want it handled.
(c) Because the table is cluttered.
(d) Because the juror who jams it there is angry.
4. What is "the burden of proof"?
(a) The responsibility of proving one's innocence.
(b) The responsibility of the judge in proving guilt or innocence.
(c) The responsibility of the jury to come up with the right verdict.
(d) The principle stating the defendant does not have to prove anything but the prosecution must prove guilt.
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) To give it as a present to his friend.
(b) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(c) Because he lost the one he had before.
(d) Because his father beat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
2. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
3. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
4. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
5. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)