|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Apart from the action of the dissenting juror in Act 1, what other contributions from a juror suggest there is at least one other juror willing to stand up against the behavior of others?
(a) A juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment.
(b) Juror Six says America is a free country.
(c) Juror One says people are free to disagree.
(d) The foreman orders the jurors to be orderly.
2. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
3. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Three.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) Juror Nine.
4. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
(a) An old man across the street and a woman downstairs.
(b) The policeman and the doctor.
(c) An old man who lives in the victim's apartment and a woman who lives across the street.
(d) A young boy next door and his mother.
5. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
(a) "You are the worst father and I wish you were dead!"
(b) "I hate you and I am going to kill you!"
(c) "I'm gonna kill you!"
(d) "I hate you and I wish you were dead!"
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
2. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
3. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
4. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
5. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)