|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
(a) He suggests they all take a new vote.
(b) He suggests the eleven men vote again while he abstains; if one of the eleven votes "not guilty" they should discuss the case further.
(c) He suggests they ask for additional evidence.
(d) He suggests they deliberate further.
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(a) On the landing.
(b) On the staircase.
3. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(b) He has been charged with murder before.
(c) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
(d) He has been to prison before.
4. Apart from the defendant, who was arrested for handling a weapon?
(a) The friend of the defendant.
(b) Juror Eight.
(c) The witness who took the weapon until the police arrived.
(d) The storekeeper who sold the defendant a weapon.
5. What is the setting in which the reader first meets the twelve characters who give the play its name?
(a) The court room.
(b) The bus in which the jurors are being transported to court.
(c) The murder scene.
(d) The jury room in a New York court.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
2. To what age group does the defendant belong?
3. What is "the burden of proof"?
4. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
5. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)