|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
(a) He suggests the eleven men vote again while he abstains; if one of the eleven votes "not guilty" they should discuss the case further.
(b) He suggests they ask for additional evidence.
(c) He suggests they deliberate further.
(d) He suggests they all take a new vote.
2. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
(b) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
(c) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(d) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
3. What is "the burden of proof"?
(a) The responsibility of the jury to come up with the right verdict.
(b) The principle stating the defendant does not have to prove anything but the prosecution must prove guilt.
(c) The responsibility of proving one's innocence.
(d) The responsibility of the judge in proving guilt or innocence.
4. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Three.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) Juror Nine.
5. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
(a) Prejudice against foreigners and class prejudice.
(b) Color prejudice and racial prejudice.
(c) Prejudice against some ethnic groups and prejudice against people from certain areas.
(d) Prejudice against the poor and prejudice against the uneducated.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
3. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
4. What is a hung jury?
5. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)