|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was cold.
(b) It was too hot to sleep.
(c) It was a stormy night.
(d) It was noisy because of the train.
2. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
(b) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(c) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
(d) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
3. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
(a) The policeman and the doctor.
(b) A young boy next door and his mother.
(c) An old man across the street and a woman downstairs.
(d) An old man who lives in the victim's apartment and a woman who lives across the street.
4. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
5. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) Juror Eight.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Three.
(d) The foreman.
Short Answer Questions
1. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
2. Who is the defendant and for what is he being tried?
3. What important information casts doubts on the eyewitness' story in the first discussion of the evidence?
4. To what age group does the defendant belong?
5. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)