|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the state of mind of most of jurors as they enter the jury room?
(a) Tired, uncomfortable and eager to return with a guilty verdict.
(b) Eager to return a just verdict even though they are uncomfortable.
(c) Willing to do whatever is necessary to reach the right verdict.
(d) Tired, but committed to spending whatever time it takes to analyze the evidence.
2. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
3. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(b) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
(c) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
(d) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
4. How does the prosecution help to establish for the jury that the eyewitness was in a position to see the murder?
(a) They show a videotape illustrating how the murder could have been seen.
(b) They present other witnesses who say the same thing.
(c) The jury is taken to the home of the eyewitness to observe the conditions under which the murder was witnessed.
(d) They provide pictures of the apartment and the surroundings.
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
(a) Because he lost the one he had before.
(b) To give it as a present to his friend.
(c) Because the one he had before was stolen.
(d) Because his father beat him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the defendant's alibi?
2. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
3. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
4. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
5. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)