|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who jams the murder weapon into the wall?
(a) Juror Nine.
(b) Juror four.
(c) The foreman.
(d) Juror Eight.
2. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Nine years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Six years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
3. Before the jurors depart for the jury room, who gives them final instructions?
(a) The defense.
(b) The prosecution.
(c) The judge.
(d) The foreman.
4. What does the verdict from the second vote among jurors prove?
(a) That the dissenting juror is right in his "not guilty" verdict.
(b) That the evidence is clearer after the discussion.
(c) That the arguments presented by the dissenting juror had some effect.
(d) That the foreman does a good job of managing the ballot.
5. At what age was the defendant in reform school?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the jurors comment that they all had difficult lives, so a difficult life should not explain the defendant's history of violence?
2. At what time of year does the jury in Twelve Angry Men meet to hear testimony and determine a verdict?
3. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
4. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
5. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)