Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act I.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the dissenting juror explain the defendant's record of violence?
(a) He says the defendant has an abusive father who has beaten him since he was a young boy.
(b) He says the defendant has been conditioned this way by living in the ghetto.
(c) He says the defendant was left by his mother as a child.
(d) He says the defendant has been wayward because of bad company.
2. Why does the dissenting juror challenge the fact that other jurors are willing to take the alleged eyewitness' word when they would not accept the defendant's word?
(a) Because the eyewitness belongs to the same ethnic group.
(b) Because they assert that the eyewitness was unreliable.
(c) Because the eyewitness belongs to the same family as the victim.
(d) Because they assert that all people from the defendant's community are liars and the eyewitness is from the area.
3. What is a hung jury?
(a) One in which the evidence is inconclusive.
(b) One in which the foreman cannot control the jurors.
(c) One in which the jurors recommend hanging.
(d) One in which the jurors cannot reach a unanimous verdict.
4. In the beginning of the deliberations, how do most of the jurors demonstrate a lack of seriousness about their role as jurors?
(a) They read the newspaper.
(b) They are casual in their discussions.
(c) They are concerned about how the trial has kept them from attending to their own interests.
(d) They do not pay attention to the details.
5. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
(a) It was a stormy night.
(b) It was noisy because of the train.
(c) It was too hot to sleep.
(d) It was cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the evidence, what weapon was used to kill the old man?
2. How does the dissenting juror suggest that the jury should proceed instead of declaring a "hung" jury?
3. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
4. According to one of the witnesses, what was the defendant alleged to have shouted out to his father on the night of the murder?
5. According to the defendant, why did he buy the alleged murder weapon?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)