|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a hung jury?
(a) One in which the evidence is inconclusive.
(b) One in which the jurors cannot reach a unanimous verdict.
(c) One in which the foreman cannot control the jurors.
(d) One in which the jurors recommend hanging.
2. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
(a) Six years old.
(b) Eleven years old.
(c) Nine years old.
(d) Thirteen years old.
3. What information does Juror Seven provide about the history of the defendant?
(a) He has stolen a car, been convicted of mugging and stabbed someone in the arm.
(b) He has been convicted of stealing cars.
(c) He has been to prison before.
(d) He has been charged with murder before.
4. To what age group does the defendant belong?
(a) He is a teenager.
(b) He is in his thirties.
(c) He is in his early twenties.
(d) He is middle-aged.
5. What source of information from the trial do the jurors use to help them estimate the time of the events surrounding the murder?
(a) They get the dimensions of the old man's room from a diagram of the apartment building.
(b) The old man's diary.
(c) Photographs of the building.
(d) The transcript of the old man's testimony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
2. As the jurors analyze the evidence and arguments more closely, it becomes evident that the dissenting voter is playing a critical role as an agent of change. Which of the following words best describes this role?
3. How does Juror Four challenge the defendant's alibi?
4. Which juror accuses the juror who is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free of wanting to be the defendant's executioner?
5. Where was the old man witness when he saw the defendant running down the stairs?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)