|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of the "different" vote suggested by the dissenting voter?
(a) All vote "not guilty".
(b) There is a change in the outcome.
(c) Nine jurors vote "guilty" and two vote "not guilty".
(d) Eight jurors vote "guilty" and three vote "not guilty".
2. According to one witness, where in the apartment building did the murder occur?
(b) On the landing.
(c) On the staircase.
3. What does Act iI suggest about the reliability of some witnesses in a trial?
(a) They are prone to confusion when questioned by legal experts.
(b) They may be well-intentioned but unreliable.
(c) They want to be famous.
(d) They can be influenced by personal experiences with criminals.
4. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
(a) That he enjoys seeing someone else suffer.
(b) That he is a foreigner.
(c) That he is dishonest.
(d) That he is prejudiced.
5. What term used in Act 1 establishes that the defendant is thought to have committed a murder that is intentional and deliberately planned ahead of time?
(a) Murder with malice aforethought.
(c) First degree murder.
(d) Second degree murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. Based on the impact of their testimony on the jury, who are the two most important witnesses?
2. Where was the victim wounded?
3. Of what is Juror Eight accused by an angry juror after others begin to change their votes in Act II?
4. What literary device is used by the writer to create a high level of interest in the play by presenting the strongly contending views of the jurors?
5. Why does a juror change his vote after the discussion in Act II about the defendant's words?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)