|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
(b) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
(c) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(d) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
2. As Act II progresses, how does Juror Three's attitude contrast with the attitude of Juror Four?
(a) Juror Three has a closed mind while Juror Four is willing to listen and consider new possibilities.
(b) There is no contrast; they are both influenced by the belief that the defendant is guilty.
(c) Juror Three is a bully; Juror four acts as if he has superior knowledge.
(d) Juror Three is irrational while Juror Four reasons out his contributions carefully.
3. Based on the developments of Act II, what are the jurors on their way to proving?
(a) That they discussed the case thoroughly.
(b) That they can prove someone else committed the murder.
(c) That there is reasonable doubt about the defendant's guilt.
(d) That they all agree.
4. Where was the victim wounded?
(a) In the stomach.
(b) In the face.
(c) In the head.
(d) In the chest.
5. What two types of prejudice are evident in the comments of some of the jurors during Act 1?
(a) Prejudice against foreigners and class prejudice.
(b) Prejudice against the poor and prejudice against the uneducated.
(c) Prejudice against some ethnic groups and prejudice against people from certain areas.
(d) Color prejudice and racial prejudice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the old man witness when he saw the defendant running down the stairs?
2. Why is the decision making process conducted by a group more complex than one that is made by just an individual?
3. How old was the defendant when he lost his mother?
4. How does the dissenting juror discredit the allegation that the murder weapon is unique?
5. Why was the alleged eyewitness awake at the time of the murder?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)