|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juror Ten point out about an eyewitness to the murder?
(a) A woman who lives across the street saw the defendant kill his father.
(b) A boy across the street saw through a window as the defendant killed his father.
(c) The neighbor down the corridor saw the defendant kill his father in the hallway.
(d) A man next door saw the defendant running away with blood on his hands.
2. Which juror admits to having changed his vote?
(a) Juror Eleven.
(b) Juror Nine.
(c) Juror Five.
(d) Juror Ten.
3. Which juror asks the guard to bring in the murder weapon for closer examination?
(a) The foreman.
(b) Juror Three.
(c) Juror Eight.
(d) Juror Nine.
4. How do some members of the jury respond to those who disagree?
(a) With ostracism and ridicule.
(b) With an open mind.
(c) With contradictions.
(d) With additional questions.
5. What important fact does Juror Three point out about something the defendant purchased on the day of the murder?
(a) The defendant purchased a butcher knife similar to the murder weapon.
(b) The defendant purchased a knife identical to the murder weapon.
(c) The defendant purchased a dangerous knife.
(d) The defendant purchased a pen knife that could have inflicted a fatal wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it clear from the dissenting juror's action that anyone could have had a weapon similar to the murder weapon?
2. After the knife discussion, how do the other jurors pressure the dissenting juror to make him change his vote?
3. What attribute is demonstrated by Juror Nine which helps the other jurors to unravel the case?
4. What important facts are revealed about the circumstances of the defendant's life by the juror who votes "not guilty" in the first round of voting?
5. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)