|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act II.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
(b) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(c) The foreman does not vote.
(d) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
2. How does Juror Eight's participation in the altercation with Juror Three differ from his usual approach?
(a) It shows he is capable of violence.
(b) It shows he hates Juror Three.
(c) It shows he has a temper, too.
(d) It shows he is capable of anger in spite of his usual sober analysis.
3. Which juror is adamant that he will not see the defendant set free?
(a) Juror Three.
(b) Juror Six.
(c) Juror Ten.
(d) The foreman.
4. Why does the dissenting juror insist they should spend time examining the evidence in detail?
(a) He believes the witnesses are unreliable.
(b) He believes that the defendant is innocent.
(c) He is not certain that the defendant is guilty.
(d) He believes the presentation of the case is prejudiced.
5. Why do the jurors take a vote before discussing the evidence?
(a) The judge instructs them to do so.
(b) So they can leave quickly.
(c) The verdict is obvious.
(d) To get an early indication of where they stand on the verdict
Short Answer Questions
1. In what process does the defendant ask questions of the prosecution's witnesses?
2. What does Juror Eleven assert in defense of the result of the second vote?
3. What does Juror Eight mean when he calls another juror a sadist?
4. Which two jurors are moved by the discovery that the old man would have taken longer than he said to move from his bed to the door after hearing the noise upstairs?
5. Which juror rebukes Juror Ten for his racist comment?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)