|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act III.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juror Eleven assert in defense of the result of the second vote?
(a) Juror three has no right to attack another juror.
(b) Juror three disrespects the constitution.
(c) That in America, people are free to hold dissenting views.
(d) Juror Three is prejudiced.
2. In what way is the vote suggested by the dissenting voter different from the previous vote?
(a) The jurors individually tell the foreman their decision.
(b) Each juror must give a reason for his vote.
(c) The foreman does not vote.
(d) The jurors vote by secret ballot.
3. After eleven jurors vote "guilty" and one juror votes "not guilty", what process do the jurors decide on in order to resolve the matter?
(a) They decide to separate into two groups and discuss different aspects of the evidence.
(b) They decide that the eleven men should each take a turn to explain to the dissenting juror why he is wrong.
(c) They decide to re-examine the evidence.
(d) They decide to take in a verdict of "undecided".
4. What impact does the discussion about a detail regarding the crucial witness discussed in Act III have on the jurors?
(a) Juror Four and Juror Ten conclude there is reasonable doubt.
(b) Juror Four and Juror Three conclude there is reasonable doubt.
(c) Two jurors change their "not guilty" votes back to "guilty".
(d) Juror Three and Juror Ten conclude there is reasonable doubt.
5. How many days has the trial been going on when the jurors begin their deliberations?
(a) Six days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Seven days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the last words spoken in the play?
2. In the altercation between two jurors, what words used by Juror Three shed light on the earlier discussion about whether people always mean what they say in anger?
3. What action follows the vote that the jurors take after discussing the defendant's intelligence?
4. At what time is the murder alleged to have occurred?
5. State two ways in which the group tries to ensure conformity to the majority view.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)