* After five days of hearing evidence in the trial of a young man for murdering his father, the jury retires to deliberate on the verdict.
* The conditions in the jury room are uncomfortable and the jurors are anxious to return to their own lives.
* Without any discussion, a vote is taken in which eleven men vote "guilty" and one man votes "not guilty".
* An argument ensues in which the eleven men try to convince juror number 8 that the man is guilty.
* During the argument, members of the jury reveal their own viewpoints, concerns and prejudices.
* Jurors present arguments about the reliability of witnesses and the defendant's history of criminal behavior.
* Number 10 reveals that a woman who could not sleep on the night of the murder testified that she saw the murder through a moving el train.
* Number 8 asks why they should believe this woman when earlier...
This section contains 1,469 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)