|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first sound effect present in the stage directions?
(a) An old-time song on the radio.
(d) Children playing.
2. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
(d) The information is not provided.
3. What is Lee concerned about breaking?
(a) He is concerned about breaking the window.
(b) He is concerned about breaking the table.
(c) He is concerned about breaking Austin's concentration.
(d) He is concerned about breaking his glass.
4. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
(a) He wants to wipe his face with a towel.
(b) He wants to change clothes.
(c) He wants to jump in a lake.
(d) He wants to take a hot shower.
5. What beverage does Austin make?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Austin using to write his story?
2. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
3. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
4. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
5. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the two brothers reversed their roles in the beginning of the scene?
2. Why does Lee hate calling the operator?
3. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
4. Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert?
5. How did Lee make a living in the desert?
6. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
7. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
8. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
9. Why does Austin feel he is more in touch with what people want than Lee?
10. Why does Mom decide to stay in a hotel?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)