|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee want to drink right after the game?
(b) Orange juice.
2. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin went to college.
(b) Because Austin is a genius.
(c) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
(d) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
3. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
4. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(b) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(c) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(d) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
5. What is the shape of Mom's plates?
(a) Her plates are shaped like circles.
(b) Her plates are shaped like Idaho.
(c) Her plates are shaped like Texas.
(d) Her plates are shaped like squares.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
2. Why is Austin concerned about Lee stealing from the neighborhood?
3. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
4. What is the only way Lee can tell his story?
5. Who is coming to see Austin later?
Short Essay Questions
1. How have the two brothers reversed their roles in the beginning of the scene?
2. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
3. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
4. Why does Austin claim he could not live in the desert like Lee?
5. After Lee asks Austin again to write the screenplay, how does Austin react? What tactic does he employ?
6. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
7. Does Lee understand the difference between an outline and a first draft? Why/why not?
8. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
9. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
10. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)