|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee not want to go north with Austin?
(a) He wants to stay near his wife and children.
(b) He thinks it is too cold.
(c) He has to stay within state lines.
(d) He thinks it is too far away.
2. How long did Lee live in the desert?
(a) Three days.
(b) One week.
(c) Two years.
(d) Three months.
3. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
4. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(b) Bat boy.
5. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
(a) The old man's hand.
(b) Lee's hand.
(c) Austin's hand.
(d) Mom's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Austin using to write his story?
2. What meal does Austin offer to Lee?
3. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
4. What is Lee drinking?
5. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Austin use as a reference when Lee asks him the time?
2. How is Austin now writing Lee's script, after the demise of the typewriter?
3. What is one of the ways Lee makes a living?
4. How did Lee make a living in the desert?
5. Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert?
6. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
7. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
8. What is the significance of the teeth in the Chop Suey story?
9. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
10. What is the significance of Austin's impulse to drive to the desert after he gets the news about his script?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)