|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
2. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
(a) Austin is paid to do backbreaking work.
(b) Austin is paid to drive on the freeway.
(c) Austin is paid to be worthless.
(d) Austin is paid to sit around and dream.
3. Whom does Lee think are involved in most murder cases?
(a) Complete strangers.
4. What problem does Austin have with Lee's script?
(a) Austin is jealous that Lee's script is better than his.
(b) Austin does not think Lee's script is realistic enough.
(c) Austin does not think Lee's script has enough dialogue.
(d) Austin does not like Lee's characters.
5. Why does Saul give Lee a read-through for the script?
(a) He owes Austin a favor.
(b) He thinks the story is genius already.
(c) Lee has threatened to hit him.
(d) He is always looking for new material.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what does the length of Lee's stay depend?
2. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
3. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
4. What would Austin miss in the desert?
5. How did Austin always picture Lee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
2. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
3. Why does Austin claim he could not live in the desert like Lee?
4. Does Lee seem comfortable at the beginning of the play?
5. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
6. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
7. Why is Austin so surprised that Lee has "sealed the deal"?
8. Why is Lee offended when Austin offers him money?
9. Why does Austin demand his keys back from Lee?
10. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)