|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
(a) He is drinking soda.
(b) He is drinking beer.
(c) He is drinking tea.
(d) He is drinking milk.
2. At what kind of table is Lee seated?
(a) A wooden table.
(b) A folding table.
(c) A glass table.
(d) A metal table.
3. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A Johnny Carson swing.
(b) A John MacIntyre swing.
(c) A Tiger Wood swing.
(d) A Babe Ruth swing.
4. What sound do coyotes make in the city?
(a) The coyotes howl.
(b) The coyotes sing.
(c) The coyotes yap.
(d) The coyotes are silent.
5. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
(a) It is nighttime.
(b) It is morning.
(c) It is afternoon.
(d) It is evening.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
2. What does Saul tell Lee to do with his story?
3. What observation does Lee make about the security of Mom's house?
4. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 3?
5. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
2. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
3. Why does Austin demand his keys back from Lee?
4. At the beginning of the play, which brother appears to have his life in order?
5. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
6. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
7. Why is Lee so interested in a true-to-life modern Western?
8. How does Lee manipulate Austin into continuing to write the screenplay?
9. Where did Lee go instead of sleeping, and why did he go there?
10. Why does Lee hate calling the operator?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)