|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What housekeeping task is Austin fulfilling?
(a) He is watering the plants.
(b) He is dusting the cabinets.
(c) He is collecting the mail.
(d) He is vaccuuming.
2. How is the room lit?
(a) The room is lit by candlelight.
(b) The room is lit by 40-watt bulbs.
(c) The room is lit by flourescents.
(d) The room is lit by sunlight.
3. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
(d) Bat boy.
4. Why did Lee stop fooling around with art?
(a) He had one bad review and it ruined him.
(b) He has painful memories and can never again pick up a pen.
(c) He thinks there is no future in art.
(d) He got amnesia and could not remember anything.
5. Whose house is Austin house sitting?
(a) He is house sitting Mom's house.
(b) He is house sitting Saul's house.
(c) He is house sitting Dad's house.
(d) He is house sitting Lee's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
2. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
3. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
4. How long did Lee live in the desert?
5. What is the shape of Mom's plates?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
2. What is Lee carrying when he enters the scene, and where did he presumably get the item?
3. Does Saul want to admit that he decided on Lee's story because he lost a bet? Why/why not?
4. Briefly describe the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8.
5. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
6. What is the significance of Austin's impulse to drive to the desert after he gets the news about his script?
7. Why could Mom possibly have so many locks in the house?
8. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
9. Does Mom think Austin is cut out for the desert?
10. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)