|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What may the coyotes have done?
(a) They may have started a band.
(b) They may have settled in Mom's backyard.
(c) They may have killed someone's dog.
(d) They may have chased a neighbor down the block.
2. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
(a) Saul is lukewarm, and needs a few days to mull it over.
(b) Saul is disappointed, and sure the project will fail.
(c) Saul is confused and does not understand Austin's point.
(d) Saul is excited, and confident that it will get off the ground.
3. What incorrect name does Lee use for Saul?
(a) Mr. Klapper.
(b) Mr. Kipper.
(c) Mr. Sally.
(d) Mr. Sol.
4. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
5. How is the main character traveling in Lee's script?
(a) He is in a truck, pulling his horse trailer and his horse.
(b) He is in a plane, ready to jump out.
(c) He is running, pushing a cart with his belongings.
(d) He is army crawling because he has been hurt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee carrying when he enters?
2. What did Lee and Austin used to catch in the desert?
3. How are Lee and Austin related?
4. What would Lee get with the money from his screenplay?
5. Who have Lee and Austin recently been to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
2. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
3. Why does Lee hate calling the operator?
4. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
5. Are the brothers jealous of each other?
6. What is the significance of Austin's impulse to drive to the desert after he gets the news about his script?
7. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
8. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
9. How does Lee wish he had grown up?
10. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)