|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
(a) The muffler.
(b) The gas.
(c) The tire pressure.
(d) The speedometer.
2. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(b) Running water.
(c) His typewriter.
3. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
(a) A bank.
(b) A prison.
(c) A circus.
(d) A rest home.
4. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
(a) The coyotes are silent.
(b) The coyotes sing.
(c) The coyotes yap.
(d) The coyotes howl.
5. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was he passing through the desert?
2. How are Lee and Austin related?
3. When does Lee suggest they play?
4. What housekeeping task is Austin fulfilling?
5. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mom think Austin is cut out for the desert?
2. If Austin's story does not go over with the producer, what does Lee offer?
3. Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert?
4. What was the catalyst for Saul dropping Austin's script?
5. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
6. How have the two brothers reversed their roles in the beginning of the scene?
7. Does Lee seem comfortable at the beginning of the play?
8. How does Lee wish he had grown up?
9. Does Lee think Austin would be any good at his former profession? Why/why not?
10. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)