|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Lee compare Mom's house?
(a) A rest home.
(b) A bank.
(c) A prison.
(d) A circus.
2. What does Lee want to borrow from Austin?
(a) Lee wants to borrow some paper.
(b) Lee wants to borrow a shirt.
(c) Lee wants to borrow his car.
(d) Lee wants to borrow some money.
3. What incorrect name does Lee use for Saul?
(a) Mr. Sally.
(b) Mr. Klapper.
(c) Mr. Sol.
(d) Mr. Kipper.
4. In the movie, why does Lee think the main character has died?
(a) Lee think he has died for the love of a woman.
(b) Lee thinks he has died for the love of his horse.
(c) Lee thinks he has died of cancer.
(d) Lee thinks he has died in battle.
5. What is the villain of Lee's story pulling behind his truck?
(a) He is pulling a gooseneck cattle trailer.
(b) He is pulling his boat.
(c) He is pulling his victims along.
(d) He is pulling his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who have Lee and Austin recently been to see?
2. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
3. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
4. What is Lee concerned about breaking?
5. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
2. How does Austin end up being assigned to write Lee's screenplay?
3. Why is Lee so interested in a true-to-life modern Western?
4. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
5. What is the significance of Austin's impulse to drive to the desert after he gets the news about his script?
6. Why did Saul give Lee his gold clubs?
7. What was the catalyst for Saul dropping Austin's script?
8. How does Lee wish he had grown up?
9. Does Saul feel threatened by Lee?
10. How is Austin now writing Lee's script, after the demise of the typewriter?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)