|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound do coyotes make in the city?
(a) The coyotes howl.
(b) The coyotes sing.
(c) The coyotes are silent.
(d) The coyotes yap.
2. How did Austin always picture Lee?
(a) Austin always pictured Lee with the old man.
(b) Austin always pictured Lee on adventures.
(c) Austin always pictured Lee in Tahiti.
(d) Austin always pictured Lee in prison.
3. Who is coming to see Austin later?
(a) A producer.
(b) His wife.
(d) The old man.
4. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
(a) Lee throws a bottle.
(b) Lee promptly falls asleep.
(c) Lee begins to cook them a meal.
(d) Lee says he does not sleep.
5. What incorrect name does Lee use for Saul?
(a) Mr. Kipper.
(b) Mr. Sol.
(c) Mr. Sally.
(d) Mr. Klapper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
2. What, according to Lee, is Austin paid to do?
3. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
4. Where is the main character of Lee's script trying to leave?
5. What is the last western movie Lee has seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the teeth in the Chop Suey story?
2. Does Saul want to admit that he decided on Lee's story because he lost a bet? Why/why not?
3. What roles did the brothers used to take as children?
4. What is Lee's method of typing?
5. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
6. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
7. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
8. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
9. How does Austin end up being assigned to write Lee's screenplay?
10. How does Saul feel initially about Austin's screenplay?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)