|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
2. What observation does Lee make about the security of Mom's house?
(a) She leaves everything unlocked.
(b) The security is a joke.
(c) She has locks on everything.
(d) The house is airtight.
3. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
4. What does Lee throw at the window?
(a) He throws Mom's flower pot.
(b) He throws cans of beer.
(c) He throws a copper pot.
(d) He throws Austin's typewriter.
5. Why did Lee stop fooling around with art?
(a) He got amnesia and could not remember anything.
(b) He has painful memories and can never again pick up a pen.
(c) He thinks there is no future in art.
(d) He had one bad review and it ruined him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Lee invite Saul to play?
2. What does Lee want to watch on the TV?
3. How did Lee always picture Austin?
4. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
5. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Austin end up being assigned to write Lee's screenplay?
2. Does Saul feel threatened by Lee?
3. To what does Lee compare his mother's house?
4. At the beginning of the play, which brother appears to have his life in order?
5. Why does Austin want Lee out of the house during his meeting with Saul?
6. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
7. What is the last sound effect of the play?
8. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
9. Why could Mom possibly have so many locks in the house?
10. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)