|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far from the border is Lee's character, according to Lee?
(a) He is ten miles from the border.
(b) He is fifty miles from the border.
(c) He is nowhere near the border.
(d) He is right on top of the border.
2. What is Austin using to write his story?
(a) He is using a computer.
(b) He is using a typewriter.
(c) He is using a voice recorder.
(d) He is using a ghost writer.
3. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
4. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
(a) Lee can stay for one night only.
(b) Lee can stay as long as Austin is there.
(c) Lee can stay for two days.
(d) Lee can stay indefinently.
5. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A western.
(b) A Renaissance romance.
(c) A thriller.
(d) An art film set in France.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee drinking at the beginning of Scene 1?
2. At the beginning of Act 1, Scene 4, what is the time of day?
3. How does Lee want to clean up after the game?
4. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
5. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Austin claim he could not live in the desert like Lee?
2. Does Lee think Austin would be any good at his former profession? Why/why not?
3. What is the last sound effect of the play?
4. How does Austin leave the situation with Saul?
5. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
6. How does Lee smoothly insert himself into the conversation?
7. How have the two brothers reversed their roles in the beginning of the scene?
8. How does Saul feel initially about Austin's screenplay?
9. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
10. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)