|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of story does Lee have for Saul?
(a) A Renaissance romance.
(b) An art film set in France.
(c) A thriller.
(d) A western.
2. What does Lee tell Austin to check on the car?
(a) The gas.
(b) The speedometer.
(c) The tire pressure.
(d) The muffler.
3. Who is coming to see Austin later?
(a) A producer.
(b) His wife.
(d) The old man.
4. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
(a) He asks Lee to leave.
(b) He asks for his money back.
(c) He asks for his keys back.
(d) He asks to stay home from golf.
5. What does Saul tell Lee to do with his story?
(a) Lee is told to take his story and shove it.
(b) Lee is to dictate the story to Austin, who will write an outline.
(c) Lee is to work on his story for three years, then bring it back to Saul.
(d) Lee is to go and find actors for his script.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Lee tell Saul the television came from?
2. What would Austin miss in the desert?
3. How does Saul feel about Austin's story?
4. What beverage does Austin make?
5. At what kind of table is Lee seated?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Saul want to admit that he decided on Lee's story because he lost a bet? Why/why not?
2. How does Saul feel initially about Austin's screenplay?
3. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
4. Why does Austin demand his keys back from Lee?
5. Why doesn't Austin think Lee can help their father?
6. How is Austin now writing Lee's script, after the demise of the typewriter?
7. Why could Mom possibly have so many locks in the house?
8. Give a brief description of Lee's characters' chase scene.
9. Why did Saul give Lee his gold clubs?
10. At the beginning of the play, which brother appears to have his life in order?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)