Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Lee compare Austin's style of working?
(b) The Forefathers.
(c) The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.
(d) Elvis Presley.
2. What does Austin ask from Lee at the end of the scene?
(a) He asks to stay home from golf.
(b) He asks Lee to leave.
(c) He asks for his money back.
(d) He asks for his keys back.
3. Where has Lee been spending most of his time?
(a) He has been spending time at the lake.
(b) He has been spending time in the desert.
(c) He has been spending time out in the ocean.
(d) He has been spending time in the mountains.
4. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
(a) A John MacIntyre swing.
(b) A Tiger Wood swing.
(c) A Babe Ruth swing.
(d) A Johnny Carson swing.
5. What is the first sound effect present in the stage directions?
(b) An old-time song on the radio.
(c) Children playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lee concerned about breaking?
2. What kinds of things were in the house Lee scoped out?
3. How does Lee describe the heat in the desert?
4. What does Saul tell Lee to do with his story?
5. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Saul feel initially about Austin's screenplay?
2. Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert?
3. How does Lee manipulate Austin into continuing to write the screenplay?
4. If Austin's story does not go over with the producer, what does Lee offer?
5. What is the significance of the teeth in the Chop Suey story?
6. What is Lee's example of a "great western"?
7. What is one of the ways Lee makes a living?
8. When Lee keeps beating up on the typewriter with the golf club, what does Austin ask him to consider?
9. Briefly describe the setting at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8.
10. Why could Mom possibly have so many locks in the house?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)