|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(b) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(c) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
(d) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
2. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
3. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
(a) Lee accuses Austin of being a parasite.
(b) Lee accuses Austin of being a murderer.
(c) Lee accuses Austin of being a sissy.
(d) Lee accuses Austin of being a theif.
4. Why did Lee stop fooling around with art?
(a) He thinks there is no future in art.
(b) He got amnesia and could not remember anything.
(c) He had one bad review and it ruined him.
(d) He has painful memories and can never again pick up a pen.
5. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
(a) The old man's hand.
(b) Lee's hand.
(c) Austin's hand.
(d) Mom's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Austin always picture Lee?
2. What sound do coyotes make in the desert?
3. What task does Lee give Austin during the game?
4. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
5. What would Austin miss in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Austin so upset to find out that he is writing Lee's script?
2. Why does Austin claim he could not live in the desert like Lee?
3. What does Saul think is the difference between films and movies?
4. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
5. What is Lee's method of typing?
6. How did Lee make a living in the desert?
7. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
8. After Lee asks Austin again to write the screenplay, how does Austin react? What tactic does he employ?
9. Where did Lee go instead of sleeping, and why did he go there?
10. Does Saul want to admit that he decided on Lee's story because he lost a bet? Why/why not?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)