|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lee think Austin is smart?
(a) Because Austin has gotten into so many prominent peoples' houses.
(b) Because Austin went to college.
(c) Because Austin killed the coyotes.
(d) Because Austin is a genius.
2. What would Austin miss in the desert?
(b) His typewriter.
(c) Running water.
3. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
4. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
5. What does Lee threaten to do if Austin does finish the script?
(a) Lee threatens to break Austin's typewriter.
(b) Lee threatens to kill Austin's wife.
(c) Lee threatens to break all of Mom's things.
(d) Lee threatens to steal Austin's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What time does Austin ask Lee to be back?
2. What kind of swing does Saul mime for Lee?
3. What geological feature does Lee point out is missing from the Panhandle?
4. Why does Saul want Austin to wait before typing out a first draft?
5. Whose hand does Saul shake before he leaves?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mom decide to stay in a hotel?
2. How does Austin assert his authority over Lee?
3. Why is Austin so surprised that Lee has "sealed the deal"?
4. Why does Austin lend Lee his car?
5. Why has Lee chosen to live in the desert?
6. After Lee asks Austin again to write the screenplay, how does Austin react? What tactic does he employ?
7. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
8. Why does Lee hate calling the operator?
9. Why does Austin stop Lee in the middle of his story?
10. How is Austin now writing Lee's script, after the demise of the typewriter?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)