|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why couldn't Lee sleep last night?
(a) The coyotes kept him awake.
(b) He was too worried about the old man.
(c) The neighbors were too loud.
(d) He drank to much caffeine.
2. What offends Lee so much that he grabs Austin and shakes him?
(a) Lee is offended when Austin breaks a glass.
(b) Lee is offended when Austin insults the old man.
(c) Lee is offended when Austin curses.
(d) Lee is offended when Austin offers him money.
3. What does Lee accuse of Austin?
(a) Lee accuses Austin of being a theif.
(b) Lee accuses Austin of being a murderer.
(c) Lee accuses Austin of being a parasite.
(d) Lee accuses Austin of being a sissy.
4. What is Lee's reaction when Austin suggests he sleep?
(a) Lee begins to cook them a meal.
(b) Lee throws a bottle.
(c) Lee promptly falls asleep.
(d) Lee says he does not sleep.
5. What do Lee's main characters have in common as the light fades in his screenplay?
(a) Each character is afraid.
(b) Each character cannot read.
(c) Each character has a daughter.
(d) Each character has brown hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which desert did Lee inhabit?
2. What does Austin think she has that is valuable?
3. How long with Austin let Lee stay at the house?
4. What sound do coyotes make in the city?
5. What does Saul tell Lee to do with his story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Lee's example of a "great western"?
2. How have the two brothers reversed their roles in the beginning of the scene?
3. Does Austin earn Lee's respect by stealing the toasters?
4. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
5. At the beginning of the play, which brother appears to have his life in order?
6. What does Austin use as a reference when Lee asks him the time?
7. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
8. Why doesn't Austin think Lee can help their father?
9. Why does Lee hate calling the operator?
10. How do Saul and Lee try to lure Austin to the project?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)