|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the old man to walk to his destination?
(a) Two days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Thirteen days.
2. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) We moved on from champagne.
(b) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
(c) I'm trying to concentrate.
(d) Desert Walker.
3. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
4. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
(a) He hates when he cannot find the number himself.
(b) He cannot hear well and they are not loud enough.
(c) He dislikes talking on the phone in general.
(d) He thinks they give him a "voice."
5. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
6. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Sixty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
7. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
(a) The old man.
(d) His wife.
8. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
9. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
10. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
(a) He made a commitment the next year, upon reflection.
(b) He made a commitment on the ninth hole.
(c) He made a commitment the next week at the meeting.
(d) He made a commitment in the kitchen the night before.
11. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(c) His keys.
12. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
(a) He played records and spit at him.
(b) He would not acknowledge Austin.
(c) He shot at him with a gun.
(d) He repented for his evil ways.
13. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
(a) They arrange a public screening.
(b) They arrange a lunch date.
(c) They arrange a psychiatric appoint for Austin.
(d) They arrange some flowers.
14. To whom would Saul like to "leave the films"?
(a) To the French.
(b) To the super intelligent.
(c) To the Norweigians.
(d) To the Italians.
15. What does Lee call his new job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Austin think Saul is series about the script?
2. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
3. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
4. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
5. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)