|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
(a) Saul decides to drop Lee's script in favor of Austin's.
(b) Saul decides to drop Austin's script in favor of Lee's.
(c) Saul decides to drop the old man's script for Mom's.
(d) Saul decides to drop Mom's script for the old man's.
2. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
3. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
(a) One mile.
(b) Two feet.
(c) Six feet.
(d) Two yards.
4. How long did it take the old man to walk to his destination?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Thirteen days.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two days.
5. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
6. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
7. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
(a) Austin smells.
(b) Lee needs more space in the room for his exercises.
(c) Austin is smoking in the house, which Mom does not like.
(d) Lee is trying to concentrate.
8. Where does Lee want to go?
(a) San Diego.
9. How does Lee describe the time of day?
(a) It is the time of day when normal people are either going to sleep or waking up.
(b) It is the time of day when coyotes kill people's cocker spaniels.
(c) It is the time of day when he makes phone calls.
(d) It is the witching hour.
10. What have the brothers stolen?
11. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(b) He thinks they have a certain niche.
(c) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(d) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
12. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8?
(a) Very early morning.
(c) Late afternoon.
13. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
(a) He cannot hear well and they are not loud enough.
(b) He thinks they give him a "voice."
(c) He dislikes talking on the phone in general.
(d) He hates when he cannot find the number himself.
14. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
(a) Austin accuses Saul of grand theft auto.
(b) Austin accuses Saul of gambling with his material.
(c) Austin accuses Saul of domestic battery.
(d) Austin accuses Saul of not giving Lee's story a chance.
15. With what do the brothers toast?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin think would be a great title?
2. What does Lee declare he and Austin are at the end of the scene?
3. Whom does Lee want to help with the script money?
4. What has the old man lost?
5. What have they neglected in Mom's house?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)