|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Austin want to learn to live?
(b) The desert.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) The swamp land.
2. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) Austin's hair.
(b) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
(c) His shoelaces.
(d) The typewriter ribbon.
3. Why does Austin not want to go outside?
(a) He cannot find his car keys.
(b) It is cold outside.
(c) He is enjoying Lee's company.
(d) He is afraid of the coyotes.
4. Why did Austin only steal the toasters?
(a) Stealing a toaster is not a criminal offense.
(b) He truly adores and loves toasters.
(c) He bought too much bread at the store because it was on sale.
(d) Lee specifically challenged him for toasters; nothing else.
5. Why has Saul given Lee a gift?
(a) It is Lee's bithday.
(b) The gift is an advance for his script.
(c) Saul just really, really likes him.
(d) Saul got the gift from someone else and did not want it.
6. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
7. Where are Lee and Austin sitting?
(a) They are sitting in the car.
(b) They are sitting in the garage.
(c) They are sitting in the kitchen alcove.
(d) They are sitting on the golf course.
8. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
(a) Saul decides to drop Lee's script in favor of Austin's.
(b) Saul decides to drop Mom's script for the old man's.
(c) Saul decides to drop Austin's script in favor of Lee's.
(d) Saul decides to drop the old man's script for Mom's.
9. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
(a) Austin thinks Lee stole Saul's car.
(b) Austin thinks Lee is lying about everything.
(c) Austin thinks Lee threatened Saul.
(d) Austin thinks Lee convinced him honestly.
10. What have the brothers stolen?
11. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
(a) The story line.
(b) The camera directions.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The characters.
12. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
(b) Rite Aid.
(c) Circle K.
13. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
14. What deal do the brothers strike up?
(a) Lee will kidnap Saul for Austin if he writes the original screenplay.
(b) Lee will clean the house for Mom if Austin captures a coyote.
(c) Austin will write the screenplay if Lee allows him to come and live in the desert.
(d) Austin will find the old man's teeth if Lee rids the house of liquor.
15. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
(b) Lee is typing without looking.
(c) Lee is typing with one finger.
(d) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lee call his new job?
2. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
3. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
4. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
5. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)