|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) His shoelaces.
(b) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
(c) The typewriter ribbon.
(d) Austin's hair.
2. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
(a) Saul told them a famous actor would be in the story.
(b) Saul told them he wanted to write the script himself.
(c) Saul told each of them their scripts were the best stories he had seen in a long time.
(d) Saul told them they could each play the lead part.
3. Where does Lee want to go?
(c) San Diego.
4. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 8?
(b) Late afternoon.
(d) Very early morning.
5. Why does Austin think Saul is series about the script?
(a) Austin is Saul's best friend and knows him through and through.
(b) Austin is familiar with Saul's tastes.
(c) Austin and Saul are brothers.
(d) Austin witnessed Saul sign the contract.
6. How did he lose his false teeth?
(a) He threw them out the window of a car.
(b) He threw them out with the bottles one day.
(c) He left them in a Chop Suey bag in a bar.
(d) A coyote attacked him and took them.
7. What does Lee call his new job?
8. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
9. What has the old man lost?
(a) His sanity.
(b) His house.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His car.
10. Why does Lee rip the phone out of the wall?
(a) He could not find a pencil.
(b) The operator hung up on him.
(c) He could not find his woman.
(d) He could not find a wrench.
11. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) I'm trying to concentrate.
(b) Desert Walker.
(c) We moved on from champagne.
(d) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
12. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(c) His keys.
13. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
(a) Austin accuses Saul of gambling with his material.
(b) Austin accuses Saul of domestic battery.
(c) Austin accuses Saul of grand theft auto.
(d) Austin accuses Saul of not giving Lee's story a chance.
14. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
15. With what do the brothers toast?
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
2. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
3. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
5. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)