|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lee describe the time of day?
(a) It is the witching hour.
(b) It is the time of day when coyotes kill people's cocker spaniels.
(c) It is the time of day when he makes phone calls.
(d) It is the time of day when normal people are either going to sleep or waking up.
2. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) He is on the kitchen floor, drunk with a whiskey bottle.
(b) He is in the desert, living off the land.
(c) He is in the garage, working on the car.
(d) He is on the phone with Saul, arguing.
3. Why has Saul given Lee a gift?
(a) Saul just really, really likes him.
(b) Saul got the gift from someone else and did not want it.
(c) The gift is an advance for his script.
(d) It is Lee's bithday.
4. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
(a) As phony as the Battle of Little Bighorn.
(b) As phony as the Lone Ranger and Tonto.
(c) As phony as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(d) As phony as Hoppalong Cassidy.
5. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(b) His keys.
6. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
(a) He made a commitment in the kitchen the night before.
(b) He made a commitment the next year, upon reflection.
(c) He made a commitment on the ninth hole.
(d) He made a commitment the next week at the meeting.
7. Where does Austin want to learn to live?
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) The swamp land.
(d) The desert.
8. How did he lose his false teeth?
(a) A coyote attacked him and took them.
(b) He threw them out the window of a car.
(c) He left them in a Chop Suey bag in a bar.
(d) He threw them out with the bottles one day.
9. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
(a) He shot at him with a gun.
(b) He would not acknowledge Austin.
(c) He played records and spit at him.
(d) He repented for his evil ways.
10. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
(a) Austin accuses Saul of not giving Lee's story a chance.
(b) Austin accuses Saul of domestic battery.
(c) Austin accuses Saul of grand theft auto.
(d) Austin accuses Saul of gambling with his material.
11. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing without looking.
(b) Lee is typing with one finger.
(c) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
(d) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
12. Does Austin think Lee has a good grip on reality?
(a) Yes, Austin thinks Lee should run for public office.
(b) No, Austin thinks Lee is out of touch.
(c) No, Austin thinks Lee is not lucid most of the time.
(d) Yes, Austin thinks Lee is a well-adjusted person.
13. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
(a) Austin thinks Lee stole Saul's car.
(b) Austin thinks Lee is lying about everything.
(c) Austin thinks Lee threatened Saul.
(d) Austin thinks Lee convinced him honestly.
14. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Kern County.
(b) Orange County.
(c) Vanderburgh County.
(d) Warrick County.
15. To whom would Saul like to "leave the films"?
(a) To the Norweigians.
(b) To the Italians.
(c) To the super intelligent.
(d) To the French.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
2. Where does Lee want to go?
3. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
4. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
5. What does Lee claim he will do if Austin helps him?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)