|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
(a) Austin thinks Lee stole Saul's car.
(b) Austin thinks Lee convinced him honestly.
(c) Austin thinks Lee is lying about everything.
(d) Austin thinks Lee threatened Saul.
2. Where are Lee and Austin sitting?
(a) They are sitting in the car.
(b) They are sitting on the golf course.
(c) They are sitting in the kitchen alcove.
(d) They are sitting in the garage.
3. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
(a) He thinks they give him a "voice."
(b) He cannot hear well and they are not loud enough.
(c) He dislikes talking on the phone in general.
(d) He hates when he cannot find the number himself.
4. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
(a) He shot at him with a gun.
(b) He would not acknowledge Austin.
(c) He repented for his evil ways.
(d) He played records and spit at him.
5. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
(b) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
(c) Lee is typing with one finger.
(d) Lee is typing without looking.
6. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
7. Why does Saul believe Lee's script?
(a) He believes Lee is speaking from experience.
(b) He believes Austin's script is terrible.
(c) He believes in magic.
(d) He believes the chase scenes.
8. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
9. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
(a) Austin accuses Saul of gambling with his material.
(b) Austin accuses Saul of domestic battery.
(c) Austin accuses Saul of not giving Lee's story a chance.
(d) Austin accuses Saul of grand theft auto.
10. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
11. What does Lee offer Austin if he steals a toaster without getting caught?
(a) His car keys.
(b) Shared screen credit.
(c) More whiskey.
12. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks they have a certain niche.
(b) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(c) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(d) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
13. How did Lee get Saul to agree to produce the script?
(a) He kidnapped Saul's children.
(b) He held Saul at gunpoint.
(c) He presented an argument in a courtroom.
(d) He convinced Saul to gamble on the ninth hole.
14. Why has Saul given Lee a gift?
(a) Saul got the gift from someone else and did not want it.
(b) Saul just really, really likes him.
(c) It is Lee's bithday.
(d) The gift is an advance for his script.
15. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Orange County.
(b) Kern County.
(c) Warrick County.
(d) Vanderburgh County.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
2. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
3. Where does Austin want to learn to live?
4. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
5. What have the brothers stolen?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)