|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what object does Lee almost hit Austin?
(a) A typewriter.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) A golf club.
(d) A beer bottle.
2. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
3. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) Sixty thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
4. Saul describes Lee's script as a _____, not a ______.
(a) Saul describes Lee's script as an arthouse, not a blockbuster.
(b) Saul describes Lee's script as a movie, not a film.
(c) Saul describes Lee's script as a comedy, not a tragedy.
(d) Saul describes Lee's script as a flop, not a hit.
5. What does Lee declare he and Austin are at the end of the scene?
6. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
(a) He is in the desert, living off the land.
(b) He is on the kitchen floor, drunk with a whiskey bottle.
(c) He is on the phone with Saul, arguing.
(d) He is in the garage, working on the car.
7. What does Lee offer Austin if he steals a toaster without getting caught?
(a) His car keys.
(c) More whiskey.
(d) Shared screen credit.
8. What have they neglected in Mom's house?
(a) The dogs.
(b) Her plants.
(c) The mail.
(d) Her parakeets.
9. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
(a) They arrange a psychiatric appoint for Austin.
(b) They arrange a lunch date.
(c) They arrange some flowers.
(d) They arrange a public screening.
10. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
(a) Rattlesnake bones.
(b) Screen credit.
(c) More whiskey.
11. What gift has Saul given Lee?
(a) Saul has given Lee flowers.
(b) Saul has given Lee a shirt.
(c) Saul has given Lee a car.
(d) Saul has given Lee gold clubs.
12. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
13. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
(a) Austin thinks Lee convinced him honestly.
(b) Austin thinks Lee is lying about everything.
(c) Austin thinks Lee stole Saul's car.
(d) Austin thinks Lee threatened Saul.
14. With what do the brothers toast?
15. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
(a) A woman.
(b) The old man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Austin not want to go outside?
2. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
3. How does Lee describe the time of day?
4. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
5. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)