|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is actually supposed to write Lee's script?
2. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
(a) Lee needs more space in the room for his exercises.
(b) Austin is smoking in the house, which Mom does not like.
(c) Austin smells.
(d) Lee is trying to concentrate.
3. Why does Saul believe Lee's script?
(a) He believes Lee is speaking from experience.
(b) He believes in magic.
(c) He believes the chase scenes.
(d) He believes Austin's script is terrible.
4. Why does Austin think Saul is series about the script?
(a) Austin is familiar with Saul's tastes.
(b) Austin witnessed Saul sign the contract.
(c) Austin is Saul's best friend and knows him through and through.
(d) Austin and Saul are brothers.
5. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
6. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
(a) He made a commitment in the kitchen the night before.
(b) He made a commitment the next week at the meeting.
(c) He made a commitment on the ninth hole.
(d) He made a commitment the next year, upon reflection.
7. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York City.
8. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) The script.
(b) A coyote.
(c) Austin's shoes.
(d) The old man's teeth.
9. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) I'm trying to concentrate.
(b) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
(c) We moved on from champagne.
(d) Desert Walker.
10. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
11. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A fork.
(d) A pencil.
12. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
(a) Saul decides to drop Mom's script for the old man's.
(b) Saul decides to drop Austin's script in favor of Lee's.
(c) Saul decides to drop the old man's script for Mom's.
(d) Saul decides to drop Lee's script in favor of Austin's.
13. With what object does Lee almost hit Austin?
(a) A coffee cup.
(b) A typewriter.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A golf club.
14. What does Lee declare he and Austin are at the end of the scene?
15. What deal do the brothers strike up?
(a) Austin will write the screenplay if Lee allows him to come and live in the desert.
(b) Lee will clean the house for Mom if Austin captures a coyote.
(c) Austin will find the old man's teeth if Lee rids the house of liquor.
(d) Lee will kidnap Saul for Austin if he writes the original screenplay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
2. What is Lee's woman's name?
3. With what do the brothers toast?
4. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
5. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)