|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Austin think Saul is series about the script?
(a) Austin is familiar with Saul's tastes.
(b) Austin is Saul's best friend and knows him through and through.
(c) Austin and Saul are brothers.
(d) Austin witnessed Saul sign the contract.
2. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
(a) Saul decides to drop Mom's script for the old man's.
(b) Saul decides to drop the old man's script for Mom's.
(c) Saul decides to drop Lee's script in favor of Austin's.
(d) Saul decides to drop Austin's script in favor of Lee's.
3. How would the money be doled out to the old man?
(a) The money would be a lump sum, given all at once.
(b) The money would be doled out dollar by dollar.
(c) The money would be doled out in the form of groceries.
(d) The money would be in a trust, doled out in parcels.
4. Who is actually supposed to write Lee's script?
5. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
(b) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
(c) Lee is typing with one finger.
(d) Lee is typing without looking.
6. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
(a) They arrange some flowers.
(b) They arrange a public screening.
(c) They arrange a psychiatric appoint for Austin.
(d) They arrange a lunch date.
7. How did he lose his false teeth?
(a) He threw them out with the bottles one day.
(b) He left them in a Chop Suey bag in a bar.
(c) A coyote attacked him and took them.
(d) He threw them out the window of a car.
8. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
(a) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he feels guilty.
(b) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they are brothers.
(c) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they have already paid him.
(d) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he is the best writer in the world.
9. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) His shoelaces.
(b) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
(c) The typewriter ribbon.
(d) Austin's hair.
10. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
(b) Rite Aid.
(d) Circle K.
11. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A fork.
(d) A wrench.
12. What is Austin supposed to steal, according to the brothers' bet?
(a) A woman.
(b) A toaster.
(c) One million dollars.
(d) A car.
13. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) The script.
(b) The old man's teeth.
(c) Austin's shoes.
(d) A coyote.
14. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
(a) As phony as the Lone Ranger and Tonto.
(b) As phony as the Battle of Little Bighorn.
(c) As phony as Hoppalong Cassidy.
(d) As phony as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
15. Why does Lee not like calling the operator?
(a) He thinks they give him a "voice."
(b) He cannot hear well and they are not loud enough.
(c) He hates when he cannot find the number himself.
(d) He dislikes talking on the phone in general.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
2. Why has Saul given Lee a gift?
3. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
4. What have the brothers stolen?
5. Does Austin think Lee has a good grip on reality?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)