|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
(b) The old man.
(c) His wife.
2. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
3. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) His shoelaces.
(b) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
(c) Austin's hair.
(d) The typewriter ribbon.
4. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
(a) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he feels guilty.
(b) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they are brothers.
(c) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he is the best writer in the world.
(d) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they have already paid him.
5. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) I'm trying to concentrate.
(b) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
(c) Desert Walker.
(d) We moved on from champagne.
6. Where does Lee want to go?
(a) San Diego.
7. With what do the brothers toast?
8. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
(a) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
9. Why has Saul given Lee a gift?
(a) Saul just really, really likes him.
(b) It is Lee's bithday.
(c) Saul got the gift from someone else and did not want it.
(d) The gift is an advance for his script.
10. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
11. What deal do the brothers strike up?
(a) Lee will kidnap Saul for Austin if he writes the original screenplay.
(b) Austin will find the old man's teeth if Lee rids the house of liquor.
(c) Lee will clean the house for Mom if Austin captures a coyote.
(d) Austin will write the screenplay if Lee allows him to come and live in the desert.
12. Does Austin think Lee has a good grip on reality?
(a) Yes, Austin thinks Lee should run for public office.
(b) Yes, Austin thinks Lee is a well-adjusted person.
(c) No, Austin thinks Lee is not lucid most of the time.
(d) No, Austin thinks Lee is out of touch.
13. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Warrick County.
(b) Vanderburgh County.
(c) Orange County.
(d) Kern County.
14. Why does Saul believe Lee's script?
(a) He believes Austin's script is terrible.
(b) He believes in magic.
(c) He believes the chase scenes.
(d) He believes Lee is speaking from experience.
15. How does Austin prepare the toast?
(a) He uses jelly.
(b) He butters the toast.
(c) He uses honey.
(d) He sprinkles it with cinnamon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
2. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
3. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
4. Where are Lee and Austin sitting?
5. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)