|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Austin prepare the toast?
(a) He butters the toast.
(b) He uses jelly.
(c) He uses honey.
(d) He sprinkles it with cinnamon.
2. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
3. Saul describes Lee's script as a _____, not a ______.
(a) Saul describes Lee's script as a movie, not a film.
(b) Saul describes Lee's script as an arthouse, not a blockbuster.
(c) Saul describes Lee's script as a comedy, not a tragedy.
(d) Saul describes Lee's script as a flop, not a hit.
4. What is Lee's woman's name?
(a) Molly Ferguson.
(b) Amanda Smith.
(c) Antonia Smith.
(d) Melanie Ferguson.
5. Where are Lee and Austin sitting?
(a) They are sitting on the golf course.
(b) They are sitting in the kitchen alcove.
(c) They are sitting in the car.
(d) They are sitting in the garage.
6. Why does Lee rip the phone out of the wall?
(a) He could not find his woman.
(b) He could not find a wrench.
(c) He could not find a pencil.
(d) The operator hung up on him.
7. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
8. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(c) His keys.
9. Where does Lee want to go?
(c) San Diego.
10. How would the money be doled out to the old man?
(a) The money would be in a trust, doled out in parcels.
(b) The money would be a lump sum, given all at once.
(c) The money would be doled out in the form of groceries.
(d) The money would be doled out dollar by dollar.
11. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Kern County.
(b) Orange County.
(c) Warrick County.
(d) Vanderburgh County.
12. How long did it take the old man to walk to his destination?
(a) Thirteen days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three hours.
13. What does Lee declare he and Austin are at the end of the scene?
14. Where does Austin want to learn to live?
(a) The swamp land.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) The desert.
15. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
(b) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(c) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(d) He thinks they have a certain niche.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
2. What is Austin supposed to steal, according to the brothers' bet?
3. To whom would Saul like to "leave the films"?
4. With what do the brothers toast?
5. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)