|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
(a) To the superiority of Lee's script.
(b) To Austin's faulty ideas.
(c) To the network's wishes.
(d) To his gut instinct.
2. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) Austin's shoes.
(b) A coyote.
(c) The old man's teeth.
(d) The script.
3. With what object does Lee almost hit Austin?
(a) A beer bottle.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) A typewriter.
(d) A golf club.
4. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
(a) A knife.
(b) A wrench.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A fork.
5. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
(a) The car.
(b) The pots and pans.
(c) The typewriter.
6. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
7. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(d) His keys.
8. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
9. What is Lee's woman's name?
(a) Antonia Smith.
(b) Melanie Ferguson.
(c) Molly Ferguson.
(d) Amanda Smith.
10. What has the old man lost?
(a) His house.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His car.
(d) His teeth.
11. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
12. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
(a) One million dollars.
(b) Sixty thousand dollars.
(c) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(d) Ten thousand dollars.
13. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
14. Why does Lee want Austin to go outside?
(a) Austin smells.
(b) Lee needs more space in the room for his exercises.
(c) Lee is trying to concentrate.
(d) Austin is smoking in the house, which Mom does not like.
15. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
(a) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they are brothers.
(b) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he is the best writer in the world.
(c) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he feels guilty.
(d) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they have already paid him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
2. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
3. To whom would Saul like to "leave the films"?
4. What deal do the brothers strike up?
5. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)