|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lee offer to call for Austin after he crashes to the ground?
(a) The old man.
(b) His wife.
2. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
(a) Screen credit.
(c) Rattlesnake bones.
(d) More whiskey.
3. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
(a) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(b) Sixty thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
4. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) A coyote.
(b) Austin's shoes.
(c) The old man's teeth.
(d) The script.
5. Why does Austin not want to go outside?
(a) It is cold outside.
(b) He is enjoying Lee's company.
(c) He is afraid of the coyotes.
(d) He cannot find his car keys.
6. What does Lee claim he will do if Austin helps him?
(a) Lee will buy gifts.
(b) Lee will kill Saul.
(c) Lee will disappear.
(d) Lee will steal a car.
7. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing with one finger.
(b) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
(c) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
(d) Lee is typing without looking.
8. How does Lee describe the time of day?
(a) It is the time of day when he makes phone calls.
(b) It is the time of day when normal people are either going to sleep or waking up.
(c) It is the time of day when coyotes kill people's cocker spaniels.
(d) It is the witching hour.
9. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
(a) Circle K.
(b) Rite Aid.
10. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) His shoelaces.
(b) Austin's hair.
(c) The typewriter ribbon.
(d) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
11. How phony does Austin think is Lee's script?
(a) As phony as the Battle of Little Bighorn.
(b) As phony as Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
(c) As phony as Hoppalong Cassidy.
(d) As phony as the Lone Ranger and Tonto.
12. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
(a) Saul told them a famous actor would be in the story.
(b) Saul told each of them their scripts were the best stories he had seen in a long time.
(c) Saul told them he wanted to write the script himself.
(d) Saul told them they could each play the lead part.
13. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Kern County.
(b) Vanderburgh County.
(c) Warrick County.
(d) Orange County.
14. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
(a) The car.
(b) The typewriter.
(c) The pots and pans.
15. Who has decided to be Lee's agent?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
2. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
3. Does Austin think Lee has a good grip on reality?
4. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
5. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)