|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) I'm trying to concentrate.
(b) We moved on from champagne.
(c) Desert Walker.
(d) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
2. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(b) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
(c) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(d) He thinks they have a certain niche.
3. How is Lee typing on the typewriter?
(a) Lee is typing without looking.
(b) Lee is typing well, with both hands.
(c) Lee is typing with one finger.
(d) Lee is typing with his eyes closed.
4. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
(a) He made a commitment the next year, upon reflection.
(b) He made a commitment the next week at the meeting.
(c) He made a commitment on the ninth hole.
(d) He made a commitment in the kitchen the night before.
5. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
(a) Saul told them a famous actor would be in the story.
(b) Saul told them they could each play the lead part.
(c) Saul told them he wanted to write the script himself.
(d) Saul told each of them their scripts were the best stories he had seen in a long time.
6. Who is actually supposed to write Lee's script?
7. How did he lose his false teeth?
(a) He threw them out the window of a car.
(b) He left them in a Chop Suey bag in a bar.
(c) A coyote attacked him and took them.
(d) He threw them out with the bottles one day.
8. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
(b) The old man.
(c) A woman.
9. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
(a) The story line.
(b) The typewriter.
(c) The camera directions.
(d) The characters.
10. What have they neglected in Mom's house?
(a) Her plants.
(b) The dogs.
(c) Her parakeets.
(d) The mail.
11. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) The script.
(b) A coyote.
(c) The old man's teeth.
(d) Austin's shoes.
12. Whom does Lee want to help with the script money?
(a) Lee wants to help his wife.
(b) Lee wants to help their mother.
(c) Lee wants to help their father.
(d) Lee wants to help Austin's wife.
13. How much money is Saul offering for the first draft?
(a) Sixty thousand dollars.
(b) Three hundred thousand dollars.
(c) Ten thousand dollars.
(d) One million dollars.
14. How close did Lee get the golf ball to the cup on the ninth hole?
(a) Six feet.
(b) Two feet.
(c) One mile.
(d) Two yards.
15. Why does Lee rip the phone out of the wall?
(a) He could not find a pencil.
(b) He could not find a wrench.
(c) He could not find his woman.
(d) The operator hung up on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
2. Why did Austin only steal the toasters?
3. Where does Austin shop for groceries?
4. Of what does Austin accuse Saul?
5. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)