|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is burning in the bowl?
(a) Austin's shoes.
(b) The old man's teeth.
(c) A coyote.
(d) The script.
2. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
(a) They arrange a psychiatric appoint for Austin.
(b) They arrange some flowers.
(c) They arrange a lunch date.
(d) They arrange a public screening.
3. What has the old man lost?
(a) His car.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His house.
(d) His teeth.
4. How did Lee get Saul to agree to produce the script?
(a) He held Saul at gunpoint.
(b) He kidnapped Saul's children.
(c) He convinced Saul to gamble on the ninth hole.
(d) He presented an argument in a courtroom.
5. How did he lose his false teeth?
(a) He left them in a Chop Suey bag in a bar.
(b) A coyote attacked him and took them.
(c) He threw them out with the bottles one day.
(d) He threw them out the window of a car.
6. Who has volunteered to be in charge of the old man's money?
7. Where does Austin want to drive at the end of the scene?
(a) He wants to drive to the desert.
(b) He wants to drive to the mountains.
(c) He wants to drive to Canada.
(d) He wants to drive to Indiana.
8. With what object does Lee almost hit Austin?
(a) A golf club.
(b) A coffee cup.
(c) A beer bottle.
(d) A typewriter.
9. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 5?
10. How does Lee describe the time of day?
(a) It is the time of day when coyotes kill people's cocker spaniels.
(b) It is the witching hour.
(c) It is the time of day when normal people are either going to sleep or waking up.
(d) It is the time of day when he makes phone calls.
11. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
(a) Saul told them they could each play the lead part.
(b) Saul told each of them their scripts were the best stories he had seen in a long time.
(c) Saul told them a famous actor would be in the story.
(d) Saul told them he wanted to write the script himself.
12. Saul describes Lee's script as a _____, not a ______.
(a) Saul describes Lee's script as a movie, not a film.
(b) Saul describes Lee's script as a flop, not a hit.
(c) Saul describes Lee's script as a comedy, not a tragedy.
(d) Saul describes Lee's script as an arthouse, not a blockbuster.
13. What is Lee smashing with a golf club?
(a) The car.
(c) The typewriter.
(d) The pots and pans.
14. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(b) His keys.
15. Where did the old man go to find a dentist?
(b) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
2. What deal do the brothers strike up?
3. What utensil does Lee have a difficult time finding?
4. From what illness does Lee and Austin's father suffer?
5. What does Austin think would be a great title?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)