|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Saul attribute his sudden change of heart?
(a) To his gut instinct.
(b) To the superiority of Lee's script.
(c) To the network's wishes.
(d) To Austin's faulty ideas.
2. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
(a) He played records and spit at him.
(b) He repented for his evil ways.
(c) He would not acknowledge Austin.
(d) He shot at him with a gun.
3. What do the brothers realize about what Saul has told them regarding their scripts?
(a) Saul told them they could each play the lead part.
(b) Saul told them he wanted to write the script himself.
(c) Saul told them a famous actor would be in the story.
(d) Saul told each of them their scripts were the best stories he had seen in a long time.
4. Why did Austin only steal the toasters?
(a) Lee specifically challenged him for toasters; nothing else.
(b) He bought too much bread at the store because it was on sale.
(c) He truly adores and loves toasters.
(d) Stealing a toaster is not a criminal offense.
5. How does Austin think Lee convinced Saul to produce his script?
(a) Austin thinks Lee threatened Saul.
(b) Austin thinks Lee is lying about everything.
(c) Austin thinks Lee stole Saul's car.
(d) Austin thinks Lee convinced him honestly.
6. What is Lee's woman's name?
(a) Amanda Smith.
(b) Molly Ferguson.
(c) Melanie Ferguson.
(d) Antonia Smith.
7. Why does Saul want Austin to write Lee's script?
(a) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he is the best writer in the world.
(b) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they are brothers.
(c) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because he feels guilty.
(d) Saul wants Austin to write Lee's script because they have already paid him.
8. How does Lee describe the time of day?
(a) It is the witching hour.
(b) It is the time of day when coyotes kill people's cocker spaniels.
(c) It is the time of day when normal people are either going to sleep or waking up.
(d) It is the time of day when he makes phone calls.
9. Where is Bakersfield?
(a) Vanderburgh County.
(b) Orange County.
(c) Warrick County.
(d) Kern County.
10. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
(b) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(c) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(d) He thinks they have a certain niche.
11. What does Lee offer Austin if he steals a toaster without getting caught?
(a) His car keys.
(b) Shared screen credit.
(d) More whiskey.
12. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
(a) A woman.
(c) The old man.
13. Whose script does Saul decide to drop?
(a) Saul decides to drop Lee's script in favor of Austin's.
(b) Saul decides to drop Mom's script for the old man's.
(c) Saul decides to drop the old man's script for Mom's.
(d) Saul decides to drop Austin's script in favor of Lee's.
14. What are Austin's true feeling about Lee's story?
(a) Austin thinks Lee's story is original.
(b) Austin thinks Lee's story is a blockbuster hit.
(c) Austin thinks Lee's story is brilliant.
(d) Austin thinks Lee's story is terrible and cliched.
15. What does Austin swallow every day driving into the city?
(d) His keys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Saul describes Lee's script as a _____, not a ______.
2. With what part of the script does Lee want Austin's help?
3. What is the time of day at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 6?
4. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
5. Where does Austin want to drive at the end of the scene?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)