|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has the old man lost?
(a) His house.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His sanity.
(d) His car.
2. Whom does Lee want to call, though it is either too late or too early?
(c) A woman.
(d) The old man.
3. What have they neglected in Mom's house?
(a) The mail.
(b) Her plants.
(c) Her parakeets.
(d) The dogs.
4. What does Austin think would be a great title?
(a) I'm trying to concentrate.
(b) Between me, the coyotes, and the crickets.
(c) Desert Walker.
(d) We moved on from champagne.
5. What does Austin really think about Western stories?
(a) He thinks they are dried up, a dead issue.
(b) He thinks every story should be a romance.
(c) He thinks they have a certain niche.
(d) He thinks they are still extremely relevant.
6. Why does Lee rip the phone out of the wall?
(a) He could not find his woman.
(b) He could not find a pencil.
(c) He could not find a wrench.
(d) The operator hung up on him.
7. What is Austin supposed to steal, according to the brothers' bet?
(a) A toaster.
(b) One million dollars.
(c) A car.
(d) A woman.
8. What does Austin ask for from Lee as payment, if he wins the bet?
(a) More whiskey.
(b) Screen credit.
(d) Rattlesnake bones.
9. Who claims to love a story's beginnings?
10. When did Saul make a firm commitment to Lee's project?
(a) He made a commitment in the kitchen the night before.
(b) He made a commitment the next year, upon reflection.
(c) He made a commitment the next week at the meeting.
(d) He made a commitment on the ninth hole.
11. What does Lee offer Austin if he steals a toaster without getting caught?
(b) More whiskey.
(c) Shared screen credit.
(d) His car keys.
12. What does Lee declare he and Austin are at the end of the scene?
13. What does Lee keep getting tangled?
(a) The typewriter ribbon.
(b) The fringe on Mom's curtains.
(c) His shoelaces.
(d) Austin's hair.
14. Who is actually supposed to write Lee's script?
15. Saul describes Lee's script as a _____, not a ______.
(a) Saul describes Lee's script as a flop, not a hit.
(b) Saul describes Lee's script as a comedy, not a tragedy.
(c) Saul describes Lee's script as a movie, not a film.
(d) Saul describes Lee's script as an arthouse, not a blockbuster.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the old man react when Austin went to give him money?
2. What do Saul and Lee decide to arrange at the end of the scene?
3. Where is Austin at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 7?
4. Why did Austin only steal the toasters?
5. Why does Austin think Saul is series about the script?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)