Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Act 1, Scene 1
1. At the beginning of the play, which brother appears to have his life in order?
2. Where has Mom gone for vacation, and what specific job did she leave for Austin?
3. Does Lee seem comfortable at the beginning of the play?
4. What is one of the ways Lee makes a living?
5. How did Lee make a living in the desert?
6. What living situation does Austin offer Lee?
7. Why is Lee offended when...
This section contains 762 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)