* Mom has gone to Alaska, leaving her son, Austin, to watch her house and keep her plants watered.
* In his early 30s, Austin is neatly dressed, in stark contrast to his older brother, Lee, who appears to be homeless.
* Austin is patient while Lee tries to shore up his own self esteem by bragging about his survival skills in the desert.
* The conversation only gets intense when the subject of their father comes up.
* Austin learns that Lee plans to rob houses in the neighborhood, and suggests he choose another locale.
* When Lee refuses, Austin offers him money, which makes Lee angry.
* While they listen to the crickets outside, Lee is reminded of a woman botanist who could tell the temperature by the number of pulses the crickets made.
* Lee says he met her in the desert, when he was making big money with a fighting...
This section contains 1,575 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)