|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Auction Block.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the area on the slave trading boat called where the Africans were held and chained together?
(a) Slave dungeon.
(b) Slave dinghy.
(c) Slave holding.
(d) Slave galley.
2. Which was the highest slave-breeding state?
3. What was a second reason Africans appealed to the colonists as slaves?
(a) They could be bought "for life."
(b) They did as they were told, made acts of rebellion, and were willing to work hard for their masters.
(c) They were eager to leave Africa for the New World.
(d) They appreciated the amount of money they would be paid.
4. What is the name of the early nineteenth century slave who heard stories of Africa from his grandfather and later wrote an autobiography?
(a) Charlie Ball.
(b) Charlie Bale.
(c) Charles Ball.
(d) Charles Bale.
5. What is one way early slave trades were carried out?
(a) Slave traders would drug Africans and steal them.
(b) Slave traders tranquilized Africans, then captured them.
(c) The slave traders would lie in wait for the Africans then capture them.
(d) Slave traders asked the Africans to visit their ship then captured them.
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________ was the practice of slave owners which resulted in more children for next generation labor and an easy way to make a profit through sales.
2. Why did the attempt to use this first group of people for manual labor fail for the English Colonists?
3. What was it about the African civilizations that made it easier for colonists to use the Africans more easily?
4. Slaves knew they were enslaved because of what two reasons?
5. What is another way early slave trades were carried out?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)