|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, The Auction Block.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animals did the master who taught his son to call him "Papa" use to teach his black son and white son about brotherhood?
2. What was Franklin and Armfield?
(a) The largest slave-buying firm.
(b) The largest slave-freeing group.
(c) The largest slave-trading firm.
(d) The largest slave-breeding plantation.
3. What was the second group of people that the colonists tried to use for manual labor?
(a) Rich whites.
(d) Poor whites, prisoners, and debtors.
4. Why did the emotional scenes during slave trades occur?
(a) Slaves didn't agree with the price they were being sold for.
(b) Slave families rejoiced at being bought together.
(c) Slave families were being split apart.
(d) Slaves did not want to part from their original masters.
5. What was 'Ol Gabe known for?
(a) He was an old driver who faked whippings when the master wasn't around.
(b) He did not like the idea of whippings so he faked it when he was told to whip a slave by the master.
(c) Anytime his master wanted a slave whipped, he would be the first to volunteer to administer the punishment.
(d) He did not like whippings so he stood up to the master and the master decided to stop the whippings.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which was the highest slave-breeding state?
2. What was Henry Johnson's account about slavery?
3. Why did the attempt to use this second group of people also fail for the English colonists?
4. Who said the following: "I have never seen or heard from her from that day to this. I loved her as I love my life."
5. What was the advantage to a slave for being sold in an auction that took place in his area?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)