|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Louise Delvert?
(a) A reporter who believes there is a conspiracy surrounding the excavation site.
(b) Professor Johnston's wife.
(c) Chris' latest flame.
(d) An archeologist who specialized in building materials of the Middle Ages.
2. What is unique about Marek's language knowledge?
(a) He can speak as well as read the languages of the European Middle Ages
(b) He can instantly translate texts into modern English
(c) He can read texts that are written in heretofore unknown dialects
(d) He is very good at distinguishing meanings of a word that has several nuances
3. What is one thing the Introduction mentions that scientists could not have conceived of at the beginning of the 20th Century?
(a) Electrical lights
(b) A cotton gin
(c) The equality of blacks in the culture
(d) Women's voting rights
4. What is David Stern's job at the project site?
(a) Payroll and Supply
(b) Technology expert
(d) Research of items found
5. Who does Professor Johnston say funds the excavation efforts?
(a) Mostly the French government
(b) Government grants from about eight different countries
(c) Mostly the Universities involved
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Professor, Marek and Chris confront Kramer?
2. What do the orderlies notice about the new patient's shirt?
3. What is significant about "mon.ste.mere"?
4. On whom is Kramer to apply pressure?
5. Who is second in command of the Dordogne project?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the MRI on Traub reveal?
2. What is different about Marek's language abilities from most scholars?
3. What alarms the Professor about the ITC's dealings concerning the Dordogne Site?
4. What do scientists believe at the end of the 19th Century?
5. Who helps Sir Oliver defend La Roque and what is said about him?
6. What small problem does Francois Bellin mention to the Professor?
7. Of what does Gordon have to remind himself about his difficult boss, Doniger?
8. What does Stern respond to Marek's inquiries about the helicopter surveillance?
9. What does Wauneka show the Bakers that was in the old man's pocket, and what does Liz say about the drawing?
10. How does one get onto the board of ITC?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)