|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Science at the End of the Century, From The Hundred Years War in France by M. D. Backes, 1996, and Corazun.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is significant about "mon.ste.mere"?
(a) No one knows
(b) It is a code for the man's origins
(c) It is what the old man keeps spelling
(d) It is a new diagnostic protocol
2. What does Dan find when he follows the man's tracks off the road?
(a) A sword
(b) A piece of parchment
(c) A piece of frayed and burned rope
(d) A ceramic piece stamped with the letters ITC.
3. What is one thing that happened when ITC's luck seem to have failed on a recent recovery expedition?
(a) DNA was irretrievably altered in a sizable population of the Western world
(b) A black hole the size of a pinhead was created
(c) Two persons died
(d) Several thousand people disappeared
4. What is one thing Quantum technology can do?
(a) Create artificial limbs that work as well as biological ones
(b) Project radio beams instantly to places outside the Milky Way
(c) Examine distant objects without actual contact
(d) Alter DNA
5. What is one thing the Introduction mentions that scientists could not have conceived of at the beginning of the 20th Century?
(a) A cotton gin
(b) Electrical lights
(c) Women's voting rights
(d) The equality of blacks in the culture
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dan notice about the man's body temperature?
2. What does the doctor want to ascertain before sedating the old man?
3. Where does Dr. Beverly Tsosie usually work?
4. What had been established by the mid-1990s concerning Quantum technology?
5. What did scientists believe they had done at the end of the century mentioned in the Introduction?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)