|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
2. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
3. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
5. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between mothers and daughters can be complicated at times. Meggie and Fiona are the only immediate female members of the Cleary family. From Meggie's 4th birthday and the incident with her new doll, the reader is able to catch glimpses of their relationship. Picking four stages of Meggie's life to analyze, what is her relationship like with Fiona at these stages?
Essay Topic 2
Meggie and Father Ralph develop a relationship early in Meggie's childhood. This relationship continues to grow throughout the years, resulting in a love affair. Pick one of the following two topics to write about and use examples from the book.
1) Do you think Meggie and Father Ralph could have ever had a strong marital partnership? Justify your answer.
2) Do you view Father Ralph as leading Meggie on throughout the book? What do you think his true intentions were from the beginning? How might their relationship have been different?
Essay Topic 3
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)