|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
2. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
3. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
4. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
5. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
2. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
3. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
4. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
5. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
6. Who is Luke O'Neill?
7. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
8. What is the land like after the fire?
9. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
10. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Drogheda is more than land and a main house. For each of the following characters, write a paragraph outlining what Drogheda means to them.
2) Father Ralph.
3) Mary Carson.
Essay Topic 2
From the time the Clearys are introduced, the reader forms impressions about the family. What are your initial reactions to Fiona and Paddy? Do you see them as good, bad or just two people trying to do the best they can? How does that impression change, if it does, as the story unfolds?
Essay Topic 3
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)