Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
2. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
3. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
5. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
Dane is Meggie's pride and joy. However, she cannot bring herself to attend his ordination. Why? What do you think of her decision? Does this put Meggie in the role of a "selfish" mother? Why or why not? How do some of her actions mirror what Fiona did when raising her family? Is her decision justified? Why or why not?
Meggie and Father Ralph develop a relationship early in Meggie's childhood. This relationship continues to grow throughout the years, resulting in a love affair. Pick one of the following two topics to write about and use examples from the book.
1) Do you think Meggie and Father Ralph could have ever had a strong marital partnership? Justify your answer.
2) Do you view Father Ralph as leading Meggie on throughout the book? What do you think his true intentions were from the beginning? How might their relationship have been different?
Father Ralph is an ambitious man. If he had known from the beginning that Dane was his son, would the story have changed? If so, in what way(s)? If not, why? Meggie did not want to humiliate Luke, but what other reasons might she have had for keeping the truth about Dane's paternity a secret? Do you think Meggie thought it might change things or perhaps figuratively back Father Ralph into a corner? Support your answers with details from the book.
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)