|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
2. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
3. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
4. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
5. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What motivates the following characters?
3) Mary Carson.
Essay Topic 2
Dane is Meggie's pride and joy. However, she cannot bring herself to attend his ordination. Why? What do you think of her decision? Does this put Meggie in the role of a "selfish" mother? Why or why not? How do some of her actions mirror what Fiona did when raising her family? Is her decision justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 1,171 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)