Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
2. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
3. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
5. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
Essay Topic 1
Father Ralph is an ambitious man. If he had known from the beginning that Dane was his son, would the story have changed? If so, in what way(s)? If not, why? Meggie did not want to humiliate Luke, but what other reasons might she have had for keeping the truth about Dane's paternity a secret? Do you think Meggie thought it might change things or perhaps figuratively back Father Ralph into a corner? Support your answers with details from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Meggie's relationships with the following boys/men in her life:
2) Father Ralph.
Essay Topic 3
Mary Carson appears to be a very shrewd woman. How does she use her intuition about the people in her circle to manipulate those same people? Select three other characters in the book and describe Mary's relationship with those characters.
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)