|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
2. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
3. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
4. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
5. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
2. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
3. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
4. Who is Luke O'Neill?
5. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
6. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
7. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
8. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
9. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
10. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The relationship between mothers and daughters can be complicated at times. Meggie and Fiona are the only immediate female members of the Cleary family. From Meggie's 4th birthday and the incident with her new doll, the reader is able to catch glimpses of their relationship. Picking four stages of Meggie's life to analyze, what is her relationship like with Fiona at these stages?
Essay Topic 2
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What motivates the following characters?
3) Mary Carson.
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)