|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
2. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
3. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
4. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
5. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
2. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
3. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
4. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
5. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
6. Who is Luke O'Neill?
7. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
8. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
9. What are the Cleary brothers like?
10. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Father Ralph has all of the power in his hands as he holds Mary Carson's second will. The reader has had an opportunity to see several facets of Father Ralph's personality. Are you surprised by his decision? Is so, why? If not, why not? What leads you to think that he will make the decision that he makes? What aspects of his personality support your answer? Please be specific and thorough, using examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
From the time the Clearys are introduced, the reader forms impressions about the family. What are your initial reactions to Fiona and Paddy? Do you see them as good, bad or just two people trying to do the best they can? How does that impression change, if it does, as the story unfolds?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)