|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
2. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
3. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
5. What is Justine torn between?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the land like after the fire?
2. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
3. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
4. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
5. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
6. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
7. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
8. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
9. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
10. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the character of Mary Carson. Why do you think she still supported Father Ralph after he would not have a sexual relationship with her?
Essay Topic 2
Dane is Meggie's pride and joy. However, she cannot bring herself to attend his ordination. Why? What do you think of her decision? Does this put Meggie in the role of a "selfish" mother? Why or why not? How do some of her actions mirror what Fiona did when raising her family? Is her decision justified? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Father Ralph has all of the power in his hands as he holds Mary Carson's second will. The reader has had an opportunity to see several facets of Father Ralph's personality. Are you surprised by his decision? Is so, why? If not, why not? What leads you to think that he will make the decision that he makes? What aspects of his personality support your answer? Please be specific and thorough, using examples from the book.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)