|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
2. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
3. What is Bob like?
4. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
5. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
2. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
3. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
4. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
5. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
6. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
7. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
8. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
9. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
10. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Frank was obviously Fiona's favorite child as her first-born son. Describe in detail the ups and downs of Frank and Fiona's relationship from the beginning of the story. Why doesn't Fiona tell Frank from the beginning about Paddy and his father? Do you think it would have made a difference in the way Frank responded to Paddy throughout the years?
Essay Topic 2
You have been given the task of summarizing a character or characters from this novel in two or three paragraphs. Focusing on the character(s) of your choice, who will you write about? What will you highlight? Why did you choose the character(s) that you chose? Then summarize the character(s) you selected.
Essay Topic 3
Father Ralph has all of the power in his hands as he holds Mary Carson's second will. The reader has had an opportunity to see several facets of Father Ralph's personality. Are you surprised by his decision? Is so, why? If not, why not? What leads you to think that he will make the decision that he makes? What aspects of his personality support your answer? Please be specific and thorough, using examples from the book.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)