Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
2. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
3. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
4. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
5. Where do they bury Hal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the land like after the fire?
2. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
5. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
6. What makes Meggie's doll special?
7. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
8. How does Father Ralph act more like a private citizen than a representative of the church?
9. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
10. What are the land and climate like?
Who do you think is the most tragic character in the book? Why would you pick this particular character? Give examples from the book that highlight what makes this character particularly tragic.
You have been given the task of summarizing a character or characters from this novel in two or three paragraphs. Focusing on the character(s) of your choice, who will you write about? What will you highlight? Why did you choose the character(s) that you chose? Then summarize the character(s) you selected.
Luke and Meggie obviously have very different views of marriage. What are Meggie's views? What are Luke's views? Do they have similar views on anything regarding their marriage? Cite examples from the book.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)