Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
2. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
3. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
4. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
5. Where do they bury Hal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the land like after the fire?
2. What is life like for Fiona at Drogheda?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
5. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
6. What makes Meggie's doll special?
7. What does Mary Carson's new will say?
8. How does Father Ralph act more like a private citizen than a representative of the church?
9. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
10. What are the land and climate like?
Analyze Meggie's relationships with the following boys/men in her life:
2) Father Ralph.
Analyze the character of Mary Carson. Why do you think she still supported Father Ralph after he would not have a sexual relationship with her?
Mary Carson appears to be a very shrewd woman. How does she use her intuition about the people in her circle to manipulate those same people? Select three other characters in the book and describe Mary's relationship with those characters.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)