|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
2. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
3. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
4. Why is Ralph sent to Gillanbone?
5. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fiona find while packing and how does it affect her?
2. What is Father Ralph's dilemma regarding Mary Carson's second will?
3. What does the family think of Paddy's disappearance?
4. How has Father Ralph's life changed since Mary Carson died?
5. What are the land and climate like?
6. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
7. Why do Meggie and Stuart stop attending school?
8. Describe what happens to Paddy when he goes to round up sheep during a storm.
9. What is Father Ralph's visit to Drogheda like?
10. Describe the relationship between Father Ralph and Mary Carson.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Meggie's relationships with the following boys/men in her life:
2) Father Ralph.
Essay Topic 2
Drogheda is more than land and a main house. For each of the following characters, write a paragraph outlining what Drogheda means to them.
2) Father Ralph.
3) Mary Carson.
Essay Topic 3
Dane is Meggie's pride and joy. However, she cannot bring herself to attend his ordination. Why? What do you think of her decision? Does this put Meggie in the role of a "selfish" mother? Why or why not? How do some of her actions mirror what Fiona did when raising her family? Is her decision justified? Why or why not?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)