|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(b) Father Ralph.
2. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
(a) That she will love him forever.
(b) That she is in a great deal of anguish.
(c) That Dane is his son.
(d) That Dane admired him.
3. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That Frank is her favorite.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That she never really loved Paddy.
(d) That she hates Drogheda.
4. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To leave the Muellers.
(b) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(c) To leave Luke.
(d) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
5. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(a) Flowers from the garden.
(b) The Rolls Royce.
(d) Paddy's suit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
2. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
3. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
4. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
5. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
2. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
3. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
4. Who is Luke O'Neill?
5. What are the Cleary brothers like?
6. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
7. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
8. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
9. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
10. What is the land like after the fire?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)