|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
(c) Mary Carson's backyard.
2. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) Her brother Frank.
(b) A beautiful new dress.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
3. What is Bob like?
(a) Pushy and aggressive.
(b) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(c) Outgoing and friendly.
(d) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
4. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(b) Father Ralph.
(d) Anne Mueller.
5. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) A dance.
(b) An ice cream social.
(c) A family reunion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
2. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
3. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
4. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
5. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
2. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
3. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
4. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
5. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
6. Who is Luke O'Neill?
7. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
8. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
9. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
10. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)