|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) A dance.
(c) An ice cream social.
2. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
(b) She is still holding out hope.
(c) Father Ralph tells her not to.
(d) Her mother disapproves.
3. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
(a) The man.
(b) The local priest.
(c) The woman's father.
4. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(b) Sheep shearer.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) Store owner.
5. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are very happy to have her home.
(b) They are disappointed in her.
(c) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(d) They are indifferent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
2. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
3. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
4. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
5. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
2. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
3. What is the land like after the fire?
4. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
5. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
6. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
7. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
8. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
9. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
10. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)