|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Patrick Swenson.
(b) A fellow actor.
(d) Arne Swenson.
2. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Look for a new place to live.
(b) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
(c) Visit his family.
(d) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
3. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(b) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
4. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(c) Play horseshoes.
(d) Shear a sheep.
5. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) She is still holding out hope.
(b) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
(c) Her mother disapproves.
(d) Father Ralph tells her not to.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
2. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
3. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
4. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
5. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
2. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
3. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
4. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
5. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
6. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
7. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
8. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
9. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
10. Who is Luke O'Neill?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)