|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(b) To see Fiona's family.
2. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) Father Ralph.
(c) The Muellers.
(d) No one.
3. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Guinea.
4. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
(a) Rome and London.
(b) Sydney and Melbourne.
(c) The United States and Rome.
(d) Greece and Switzerland.
5. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Fiona and Meggie.
(b) Bob and Fiona.
(c) Jims and Patsy.
(d) Luke and Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
2. What is Bob like?
3. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
4. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
5. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the land like after the fire?
2. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
3. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
4. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
5. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
6. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
7. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
8. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
9. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
10. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)