|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
(b) The man.
(c) The local priest.
(d) The woman's father.
2. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) New growth begins to appear.
(b) Rains soak the area.
(c) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
5. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Michael Smith.
(b) Arne Swenson.
(c) Mick Rutherford.
(d) Patrick O'Malloy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
2. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
3. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
4. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
5. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
2. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
3. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
4. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
5. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
6. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
7. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
8. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
9. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
10. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
This section contains 849 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)