|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she hates Drogheda.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That she never really loved Paddy.
(d) That Frank is her favorite.
2. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
(a) Rome and London.
(b) The United States and Rome.
(c) Sydney and Melbourne.
(d) Greece and Switzerland.
3. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because she takes up for her daughter.
(b) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
(c) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
(d) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
4. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
(d) To support her family at Drogheda.
5. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(a) Jims and Patsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
2. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
3. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
4. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
5. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
2. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
3. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
4. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
5. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
6. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
7. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
8. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
9. Who is Luke O'Neill?
10. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)