|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(b) Father Ralph.
2. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They make love.
(b) They go back to the Muellers.
(c) They have a huge disagreement.
(d) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
3. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To see Luke.
(b) To Gillanbone.
(c) Back to the Muellers.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
4. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
(a) Mitchell Jones and family.
(b) Fiona's cousins.
(c) Anne and Ludwig Mueller.
(d) Bob and Mary O'Patrick.
5. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Luke and Meggie.
(b) Bob and Fiona.
(c) Fiona and Meggie.
(d) Jims and Patsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
2. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
3. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
4. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
5. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
2. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
3. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
4. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
5. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
6. Who is Luke O'Neill?
7. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
8. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
9. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
10. What is the land like after the fire?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)