|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They have a huge disagreement.
(b) They go back to the Muellers.
(c) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(d) They make love.
2. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
(b) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(c) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(d) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
3. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A pet dog.
(b) Her brother Frank.
(c) A beautiful new dress.
(d) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
4. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
(a) The local priest.
(b) The man.
(c) The woman's father.
5. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
(b) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) Because Meggie ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
2. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
3. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
4. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
5. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)