|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(b) New Zealand.
(c) New Guinea.
2. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Gillanbone.
(b) Back to the Muellers.
(c) To see Luke.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
3. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(d) Father Ralph.
4. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) Rains soak the area.
(b) New growth begins to appear.
(c) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
5. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might fall in love.
(b) She might betray Father Ralph.
(c) She might become pregnant.
(d) She might disappoint her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
2. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
5. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
2. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
5. What are the Cleary brothers like?
6. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
7. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
8. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
9. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
10. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)