|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) The Muellers.
(b) No one.
(d) Father Ralph.
2. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(a) To see Fiona's family.
3. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(c) Father Ralph.
4. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
(a) The local priest.
(b) The woman's father.
(d) The man.
5. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Luke comes to visit.
(b) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(c) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
(d) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
2. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
3. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
4. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
5. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
2. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
5. What is the land like after the fire?
6. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
7. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
8. What are the Cleary brothers like?
9. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
10. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)