|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(b) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(c) Because Meggie ignores him.
(d) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
2. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He cries constantly.
(b) He is ignored by the household.
(c) His personality is bright and sunny.
(d) He is full of mischief.
3. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
(b) Mary Carson's long-lost son, Michael.
(c) Luke O'Neill.
(d) Ryan Miller.
4. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(b) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
5. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she hates Drogheda.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That Frank is her favorite.
(d) That she never really loved Paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
2. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
3. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
4. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
5. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Luke O'Neill?
2. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
3. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
4. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
5. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
6. What is the land like after the fire?
7. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
8. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
9. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
10. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)