|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
(b) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(c) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(d) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
2. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
(b) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
(c) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(d) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
3. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(b) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
(c) There is an earthquake.
(d) The tax rate skyrockets.
4. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
(b) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
(c) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(d) Luke comes to visit.
5. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
2. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
3. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
4. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
5. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
2. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
3. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
4. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
5. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
6. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
7. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
8. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
9. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
10. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)