|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Justine torn between?
(a) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(b) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
2. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) New Zealand.
3. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) He shuns him.
(b) He is curious about him.
(c) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
(d) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
4. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(b) Look for a new place to live.
(c) Visit his family.
(d) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
5. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(c) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(d) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
2. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
3. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
4. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
5. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
2. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
3. Who is Luke O'Neill?
4. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
5. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
6. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
7. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
8. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
9. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
10. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
This section contains 916 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)