|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
(a) Sense of humor.
(b) Quick temper.
(d) Ability to get along with people.
2. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
3. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(b) He is overcome with joy.
(c) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(d) He is furious.
4. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) Father Ralph.
(b) The Muellers.
(d) No one.
5. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(b) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
2. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
3. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
4. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
5. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
2. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
3. What are the Cleary brothers like?
4. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
5. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
6. What is the land like after the fire?
7. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
8. Who is Luke O'Neill?
9. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
10. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)