|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(c) Father Ralph.
2. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Shear a sheep.
(c) Play horseshoes.
3. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) Mary Carson's backyard.
(b) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
4. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
(a) He and Jims are sent to fight separately.
(b) He is hit by machine gun fire.
(c) He runs into Father Ralph.
(d) He gets a letter from his girlfriend.
5. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(a) To see Fiona's family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
2. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
3. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
4. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
5. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
2. What is the land like after the fire?
3. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
4. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
5. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
6. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
7. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
8. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
9. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
10. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)