|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) Her mother disapproves.
(b) She is still holding out hope.
(c) Father Ralph tells her not to.
(d) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
2. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(b) Because he is physically strong.
(c) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(d) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
3. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
(a) Father Ralph.
4. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
(b) Mary Carson's backyard.
5. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(b) The priesthood.
(c) Store owner.
(d) Sheep shearer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
2. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
3. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
4. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
5. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
2. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
3. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
4. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
5. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
6. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
7. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
8. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
9. How do Meggie and Luke feel about her pregnancy?
10. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)