|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She is fully supportive.
(b) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(c) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
(d) She wishes that he lived closer.
2. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
(a) Mary Carson's long-lost son, Michael.
(c) Ryan Miller.
(d) Luke O'Neill.
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are very happy to have her home.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(d) They are disappointed in her.
5. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
2. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
3. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
4. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
5. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
2. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
3. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
4. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
5. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
6. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
7. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
8. Who is Luke O'Neill?
9. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
10. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)