|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
(b) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
(c) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(d) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
2. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
3. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
(a) Fiona's cousins.
(b) Mitchell Jones and family.
(c) Anne and Ludwig Mueller.
(d) Bob and Mary O'Patrick.
4. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she never really loved Paddy.
(b) That she hates Drogheda.
(c) That Frank is her favorite.
(d) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
5. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(c) A fellow actor.
(d) Patrick Swenson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
2. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
3. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
4. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
5. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
2. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
3. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
4. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
5. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
6. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
7. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
8. Following the end of the war, what happens with Father Ralph?
9. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
10. What are Meggie's ideas about marriage?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)