|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(d) Father Ralph.
2. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(d) Father Ralph.
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. What is Bob like?
(a) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(d) Pushy and aggressive.
5. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(b) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(c) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
(d) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
2. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
3. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
4. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
5. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Meggie's thoughts regarding the first few days/weeks of her marriage?
2. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
3. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
4. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
5. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
6. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
7. If the war intensifies, what members of the Cleary family are selected to enlist and why?
8. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
9. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
10. What are some things that Meggie realizes about Luke?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)