|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(d) Jims and Patsy.
2. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To leave the Muellers.
(b) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(c) To leave Luke.
(d) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
3. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(c) Father Ralph.
4. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
(b) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(c) The tax rate skyrockets.
(d) There is an earthquake.
5. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(b) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(c) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(d) Because he is physically strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
2. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
3. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
4. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
5. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
2. How does Meggie ensure that Luke will never question the paternity of their child?
3. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
4. Who comes to visit Meggie while she is on vacation at Matlock?
5. What does Justine decide to do instead of attending college, and how does her family react to this news?
6. What does Meggie think of Luke when she is getting to know him?
7. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
8. What happens to the twins in New Guinea?
9. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
10. Who is Luke O'Neill?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)