|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
(b) She is fully supportive.
(c) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(d) She wishes that he lived closer.
2. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
(b) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(c) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
(d) Luke comes to visit.
3. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(c) To see Fiona's family.
4. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
(a) Fiona's cousins.
(b) Bob and Mary O'Patrick.
(c) Mitchell Jones and family.
(d) Anne and Ludwig Mueller.
5. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(b) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(c) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
(d) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
2. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
3. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
4. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
5. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Father Ralph do when he is back in Rome?
2. What are the Cleary brothers like?
3. In the life of the Cleary family, what two major events take place on September 2, 1945?
4. What previously introduced character reappears in Chapter 17, and what is this character's story?
5. Why do Luke and Meggie honeymoon and then move to Queensland after they are married?
6. Why doesn't Meggie attend Dane's ordination?
7. What happens to Dane after his ordination?
8. What major decision does Meggie make regarding her marriage and her future?
9. What are three major decisions that Luke makes, without consulting Meggie, in the first part of their marriage?
10. What is the land like after the fire?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)