|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(b) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(c) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(d) He says he will join her.
2. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(c) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(d) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
3. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
4. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Rome.
(b) Cardinal in Australia.
(c) The Pope's personal assistant.
(d) Archbishop of Wahine.
5. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(a) Flowers from the garden.
(b) Paddy's suit.
(d) The Rolls Royce.
6. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(b) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(d) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
7. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He is ignored by the household.
(b) He is full of mischief.
(c) He cries constantly.
(d) His personality is bright and sunny.
8. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Gillanbone.
(b) Back to the Muellers.
(c) To see Luke.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
9. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
(d) New Queensland.
10. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That Frank is her favorite.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That she hates Drogheda.
(d) That she never really loved Paddy.
11. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A beautiful new dress.
(b) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(c) Her brother Frank.
(d) A pet dog.
12. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Travel the world.
(c) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
(d) Become an actress.
13. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
(b) She is fully supportive.
(c) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(d) She wishes that he lived closer.
14. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(c) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
(d) To support the Catholic church.
15. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(b) The Muellers.
(c) No one.
(d) Father Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
2. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
3. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
4. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
5. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)