|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
(b) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
(c) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(d) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
2. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Jims and Patsy.
(b) Bob and Fiona.
(c) Luke and Meggie.
(d) Fiona and Meggie.
3. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(b) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He says he will join her.
4. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
5. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They make love.
(b) They have a huge disagreement.
(c) They go back to the Muellers.
(d) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
6. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
(a) A dried pink rose.
(b) A picture of Meggie.
(c) A highlighted Biblical verse.
(d) A poem by Poe.
7. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
(a) That she is in a great deal of anguish.
(b) That Dane is his son.
(c) That she will love him forever.
(d) That Dane admired him.
8. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Mick Rutherford.
(b) Michael Smith.
(c) Patrick O'Malloy.
(d) Arne Swenson.
9. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) The Muellers.
(b) No one.
(d) Father Ralph.
10. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she never really loved Paddy.
(b) That Frank is her favorite.
(c) That she hates Drogheda.
(d) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
11. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(b) Father Ralph.
(d) Anne Mueller.
12. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) A dance.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) An ice cream social.
13. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Play horseshoes.
(c) Shear a sheep.
14. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Archbishop of Wahine.
(b) Cardinal in Rome.
(c) The Pope's personal assistant.
(d) Cardinal in Australia.
15. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
2. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
3. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
5. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)