|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(b) They make love.
(c) They go back to the Muellers.
(d) They have a huge disagreement.
2. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are disappointed in her.
(b) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are very happy to have her home.
3. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might betray Father Ralph.
(b) She might fall in love.
(c) She might become pregnant.
(d) She might disappoint her mother.
4. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(b) That Frank is her favorite.
(c) That she never really loved Paddy.
(d) That she hates Drogheda.
5. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Guinea.
(b) New Zealand.
6. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(b) Jims and Patsy.
7. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
(b) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(c) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(d) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
8. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Australia.
(b) Cardinal in Rome.
(c) Archbishop of Wahine.
(d) The Pope's personal assistant.
9. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(c) Father Ralph.
10. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(b) An ice cream social.
(c) A family reunion.
(d) A dance.
11. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
(b) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
(c) Because she takes up for her daughter.
(d) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
12. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(c) A fellow actor.
(d) Patrick Swenson.
13. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Attend every Friday night dance.
(c) Invite Father Ralph to Drogheda.
(d) Run away.
14. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
(c) New Queensland.
15. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(b) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(c) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(d) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
2. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
3. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
4. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
5. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)