|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
(d) Father Ralph.
2. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(d) To see Fiona's family.
3. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(b) Mick Rutherford.
(c) Patrick O'Malloy.
(d) Michael Smith.
4. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Gillanbone.
(b) To see Luke.
(c) Back to the Muellers.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
5. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(b) The priesthood.
(c) Store owner.
(d) Sheep shearer.
6. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(b) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(d) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
7. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) She is still holding out hope.
(b) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
(c) Father Ralph tells her not to.
(d) Her mother disapproves.
8. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Travel the world.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
9. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(b) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(c) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(d) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
10. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(b) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
(c) Luke comes to visit.
(d) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
11. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
12. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(c) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(d) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
13. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might fall in love.
(b) She might betray Father Ralph.
(c) She might become pregnant.
(d) She might disappoint her mother.
14. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
(a) Greece and Switzerland.
(b) Sydney and Melbourne.
(c) The United States and Rome.
(d) Rome and London.
15. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(a) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
(b) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
(c) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
2. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
3. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
4. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
5. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)