|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(a) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
(b) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
(d) The Pope.
2. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(a) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
(b) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
(c) Confidante to the Pope.
3. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are very happy to have her home.
(d) They are disappointed in her.
4. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is overcome with joy.
(b) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(c) He is furious.
(d) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
5. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(c) Father Ralph.
6. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(b) The Rolls Royce.
(c) Paddy's suit.
(d) Flowers from the garden.
7. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
(b) Very close.
8. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(b) Rains soak the area.
(c) New growth begins to appear.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
9. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(d) Father Ralph.
10. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(a) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(b) Father Ralph.
11. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
(a) A picture of Meggie.
(b) A dried pink rose.
(c) A poem by Poe.
(d) A highlighted Biblical verse.
12. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
(a) Rome and London.
(b) The United States and Rome.
(c) Greece and Switzerland.
(d) Sydney and Melbourne.
13. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) Mary Carson's backyard.
(b) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
14. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) Her mother disapproves.
(b) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
(c) Father Ralph tells her not to.
(d) She is still holding out hope.
15. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
2. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
3. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
4. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
5. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)