|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) Mary Carson's backyard.
(d) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
2. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Look for a new place to live.
(b) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
(c) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(d) Visit his family.
3. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(d) Father Ralph.
4. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He is ignored by the household.
(b) He is full of mischief.
(c) His personality is bright and sunny.
(d) He cries constantly.
5. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
6. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) They are building a future together.
(b) She loves her employers.
(c) He forcefully commands her.
(d) She is in love with him.
7. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
(b) Luke comes to visit.
(c) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
(d) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
8. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
(b) Traveling school teacher.
(c) Sheep shearer.
(d) Sugar cane cutter.
9. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) No one.
(c) The Muellers.
(d) Father Ralph.
10. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(a) Jims and Patsy.
11. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(b) A fellow actor.
(c) Patrick Swenson.
12. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A beautiful new dress.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(d) Her brother Frank.
13. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
(b) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(c) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
(d) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
14. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(c) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(d) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
15. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(b) Because Meggie ignores him.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
2. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
3. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
4. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
5. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)