|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Look for a new place to live.
(b) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(c) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
(d) Visit his family.
2. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
3. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(a) Anne Mueller.
(b) Father Ralph.
4. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(b) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(d) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
5. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To leave Luke.
(b) To leave the Muellers.
(c) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(d) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
6. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
(b) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
7. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Guinea.
8. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
(a) Mitchell Jones and family.
(b) Anne and Ludwig Mueller.
(c) Bob and Mary O'Patrick.
(d) Fiona's cousins.
9. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(b) They go back to the Muellers.
(c) They have a huge disagreement.
(d) They make love.
10. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(a) Father Ralph.
(c) Her grandmother, Fiona.
11. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(b) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(c) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(d) Because he is physically strong.
12. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) His personality is bright and sunny.
(b) He is full of mischief.
(c) He is ignored by the household.
(d) He cries constantly.
13. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) A beautiful new dress.
(d) Her brother Frank.
14. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) An ice cream social.
(b) A dance.
(d) A family reunion.
15. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(b) Mary Carson's backyard.
(d) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
2. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
3. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
4. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
5. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)