|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Shear a sheep.
(b) Play horseshoes.
2. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Travel the world.
(b) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
(c) Become an actress.
3. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) Because Meggie ignores him.
(b) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
(c) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(d) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
4. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) He shuns him.
(b) He is curious about him.
(c) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
(d) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
5. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(b) New Guinea.
(d) New Zealand.
6. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(b) Father Ralph.
(c) Anne Mueller.
7. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
(a) That she will love him forever.
(b) That Dane admired him.
(c) That Dane is his son.
(d) That she is in a great deal of anguish.
8. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(b) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
(c) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
(d) The Pope.
9. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) New growth begins to appear.
(b) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(c) Rains soak the area.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
10. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Patrick O'Malloy.
(b) Arne Swenson.
(c) Michael Smith.
(d) Mick Rutherford.
11. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
(b) To leave Luke.
(c) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(d) To leave the Muellers.
12. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
(b) Traveling school teacher.
(c) Sugar cane cutter.
(d) Sheep shearer.
13. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(c) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(d) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
14. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(b) They are very happy to have her home.
(c) They are indifferent.
(d) They are disappointed in her.
15. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
2. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
3. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
4. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
5. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)