|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) They are building a future together.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) He forcefully commands her.
(d) She loves her employers.
2. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(c) To support the Catholic church.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
3. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(b) He says he will join her.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
4. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Bob and Fiona.
(b) Luke and Meggie.
(c) Jims and Patsy.
(d) Fiona and Meggie.
5. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
(b) He shuns him.
(c) He is curious about him.
(d) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
6. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
7. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They go back to the Muellers.
(b) They have a huge disagreement.
(c) They make love.
(d) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
8. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
(b) Very close.
9. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(b) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Travel the world.
10. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
(a) Ryan Miller.
(c) Luke O'Neill.
(d) Mary Carson's long-lost son, Michael.
11. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(a) Anne Mueller.
(c) Father Ralph.
12. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(a) Father Ralph.
13. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
(c) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
14. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
(a) Greece and Switzerland.
(b) Rome and London.
(c) Sydney and Melbourne.
(d) The United States and Rome.
15. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
(b) To leave the Muellers.
(c) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(d) To leave Luke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
2. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
3. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
4. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
5. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)