|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(b) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(c) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(d) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
2. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Patrick Swenson.
(c) A fellow actor.
(d) Arne Swenson.
3. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) Because Meggie ignores him.
(b) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
4. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Travel the world.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
5. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(c) Father Ralph.
6. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
(b) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
(c) Because she takes up for her daughter.
(d) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
7. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(b) Jims and Patsy.
8. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
(a) He and Jims are sent to fight separately.
(b) He is hit by machine gun fire.
(c) He runs into Father Ralph.
(d) He gets a letter from his girlfriend.
9. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(b) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(c) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(d) He says he will join her.
10. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) He forcefully commands her.
(c) She loves her employers.
(d) They are building a future together.
11. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(a) To see Fiona's family.
12. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) He shuns him.
(b) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
(c) He is curious about him.
(d) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
13. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
(a) That Dane admired him.
(b) That she will love him forever.
(c) That she is in a great deal of anguish.
(d) That Dane is his son.
14. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(c) New Guinea.
(d) New Zealand.
15. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
(a) Ability to get along with people.
(b) Quick temper.
(d) Sense of humor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
2. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
3. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
4. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
5. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)