|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
(d) Father Ralph.
2. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
3. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Rome.
(b) Cardinal in Australia.
(c) The Pope's personal assistant.
(d) Archbishop of Wahine.
4. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
(a) Queensland is far hotter than Gillanbone.
(b) Queensland has much more rain than Gillanbone.
(c) The climate is about the same between the two locations.
(d) There is more snowfall in Gillanbone.
5. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) An ice cream social.
(b) A family reunion.
(d) A dance.
6. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might become pregnant.
(b) She might betray Father Ralph.
(c) She might disappoint her mother.
(d) She might fall in love.
7. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(c) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(d) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
8. What is Bob like?
(a) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(b) Pushy and aggressive.
(c) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(d) Outgoing and friendly.
9. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) New growth begins to appear.
(b) Rains soak the area.
(c) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
(d) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
10. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
11. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Shear a sheep.
(c) Play horseshoes.
12. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
13. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(b) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
(c) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(d) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
14. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Rome to see Ralph.
(b) To Gillanbone.
(c) Back to the Muellers.
(d) To see Luke.
15. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
2. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
3. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
4. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
5. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)