|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) An ice cream social.
(d) A dance.
2. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Luke comes to visit.
(b) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
(c) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(d) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
3. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
(a) There is more snowfall in Gillanbone.
(b) Queensland has much more rain than Gillanbone.
(c) Queensland is far hotter than Gillanbone.
(d) The climate is about the same between the two locations.
4. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
(a) That she will love him forever.
(b) That Dane is his son.
(c) That she is in a great deal of anguish.
(d) That Dane admired him.
5. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(b) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He says he will join her.
6. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she never really loved Paddy.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That she hates Drogheda.
(d) That Frank is her favorite.
7. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(b) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is furious.
8. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(a) The Pope.
(b) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
(d) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
9. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
(b) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
(c) Because she takes up for her daughter.
(d) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
10. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) The Muellers.
(b) Father Ralph.
(c) No one.
11. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
12. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) The priesthood.
(c) Store owner.
(d) Sheep shearer.
13. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(b) Father Ralph.
14. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
15. What is Bob like?
(a) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(b) Pushy and aggressive.
(c) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(d) Outgoing and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
2. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
3. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
4. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
5. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
This section contains 522 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)