|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
(a) A dried pink rose.
(b) A highlighted Biblical verse.
(c) A picture of Meggie.
(d) A poem by Poe.
2. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To see Luke.
(b) Back to the Muellers.
(c) To Gillanbone.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
3. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(b) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(d) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
4. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They have a huge disagreement.
(b) They make love.
(c) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(d) They go back to the Muellers.
5. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(b) He is furious.
(c) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
6. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To leave the Muellers.
(b) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(c) To leave Luke.
(d) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
7. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Play horseshoes.
(c) Shear a sheep.
8. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(c) Jims and Patsy.
9. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he is physically strong.
(b) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(c) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
(d) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
10. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She wishes that he lived closer.
(b) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
(c) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(d) She is fully supportive.
11. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Look for a new place to live.
(b) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(c) Visit his family.
(d) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
12. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) Rains soak the area.
(b) New growth begins to appear.
(c) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(d) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
13. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(b) That she hates Drogheda.
(c) That Frank is her favorite.
(d) That she never really loved Paddy.
14. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
15. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
2. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
3. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
4. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
5. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)