|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(b) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(d) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
2. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(b) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) Because Meggie ignores him.
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
(a) Because he reminds her of Paddy.
(b) Because he is physically strong.
(c) Because Fiona thinks he is a good catch.
(d) Because he superficially resembles Father Ralph.
5. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Luke and Meggie.
(b) Bob and Fiona.
(c) Fiona and Meggie.
(d) Jims and Patsy.
6. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
7. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
(b) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
(c) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
(d) Because she takes up for her daughter.
8. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(a) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
(c) Mary Carson's backyard.
9. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she hates Drogheda.
(b) That Frank is her favorite.
(c) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(d) That she never really loved Paddy.
10. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A beautiful new dress.
(b) Her brother Frank.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
11. What is Bob like?
(a) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(d) Pushy and aggressive.
12. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(b) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
(c) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(d) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
13. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
(c) Travel the world.
(d) Become an actress.
14. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
(a) Invite Father Ralph to Drogheda.
(b) Get married.
(c) Attend every Friday night dance.
(d) Run away.
15. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
(a) Father Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
2. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
3. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
4. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
5. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)