|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(b) Visit his family.
(c) Look for a new place to live.
(d) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
2. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Zealand.
(b) New Guinea.
3. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) She loves her employers.
(b) They are building a future together.
(c) He forcefully commands her.
(d) She is in love with him.
4. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are very happy to have her home.
(b) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(c) They are disappointed in her.
(d) They are indifferent.
5. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(c) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(d) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
6. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(a) Anne Mueller.
(c) Father Ralph.
7. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Gillanbone.
(b) Back to the Muellers.
(c) To Rome to see Ralph.
(d) To see Luke.
8. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
(b) He is curious about him.
(c) He shuns him.
(d) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
9. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
10. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
11. What is Justine torn between?
(a) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
(b) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
12. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(b) Jims and Patsy.
13. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(a) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
(c) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
(d) Confidante to the Pope.
14. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
(b) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(c) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
(d) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
15. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(c) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(d) He is overcome with joy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
2. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
3. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
4. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
5. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)