|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
(a) He is hit by machine gun fire.
(b) He and Jims are sent to fight separately.
(c) He gets a letter from his girlfriend.
(d) He runs into Father Ralph.
2. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Father Ralph.
(c) Her grandmother, Fiona.
3. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) The priesthood.
(b) Sheep shearer.
(c) Store owner.
4. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
(c) New Queensland.
5. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) To support the Catholic church.
(c) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
6. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He cries constantly.
(b) His personality is bright and sunny.
(c) He is ignored by the household.
(d) He is full of mischief.
7. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He is furious.
(b) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
8. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(c) Anne Mueller.
(d) Father Ralph.
9. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) The Pope's personal assistant.
(b) Cardinal in Australia.
(c) Cardinal in Rome.
(d) Archbishop of Wahine.
10. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
11. What is Justine torn between?
(a) The memory of her brother or carrying on with her career.
(b) Telling Meggie about Rainer or keeping it a secret.
(c) Returning home to Drogheda or staying where she is.
(d) Her acting career and her love affair with Rainer.
12. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) He forcefully commands her.
(b) They are building a future together.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She loves her employers.
13. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are disappointed in her.
(b) They are indifferent.
(c) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(d) They are very happy to have her home.
14. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(b) She is fully supportive.
(c) She wishes that he lived closer.
(d) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
15. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(a) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
(b) Confidante to the Pope.
(d) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
2. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
3. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
4. What does Meggie tell Father Ralph in order for him to get the body sent home to Australia?
5. Where are Dane and Justine living with their jobs and schooling ?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)