|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(b) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
(c) The Pope.
(d) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
2. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
(b) Because Meggie ignores him.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
3. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Visit his family.
(b) Look for a new place to live.
(c) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
(d) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
4. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might become pregnant.
(b) She might betray Father Ralph.
(c) She might fall in love.
(d) She might disappoint her mother.
5. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(b) Her brother Frank.
(c) A beautiful new dress.
(d) A pet dog.
6. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(a) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
(b) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
(d) Confidante to the Pope.
7. Who are Meggie's new employers in Queensland?
(a) Bob and Mary O'Patrick.
(b) Fiona's cousins.
(c) Anne and Ludwig Mueller.
(d) Mitchell Jones and family.
8. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
(a) Traveling school teacher.
(c) Sheep shearer.
(d) Sugar cane cutter.
9. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Rome.
(b) Archbishop of Wahine.
(c) Cardinal in Australia.
(d) The Pope's personal assistant.
10. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(b) He says he will join her.
(c) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(d) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
11. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(b) Michael Smith.
(c) Mick Rutherford.
(d) Patrick O'Malloy.
12. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(a) Jims and Patsy.
13. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(b) An ice cream social.
(c) A dance.
(d) A family reunion.
14. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
(b) Very close.
15. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) Father Ralph.
(c) The Muellers.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
2. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
3. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
4. What is Bob like?
5. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)