|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
(b) To see Fiona's family.
2. What is Meggie's family's reaction to her return?
(a) They are disappointed in her.
(b) They are mad because they liked Luke.
(c) They are very happy to have her home.
(d) They are indifferent.
3. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(b) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is furious.
4. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
(b) Look for a new place to live.
(c) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(d) Visit his family.
5. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(b) New Zealand.
(c) New Guinea.
6. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(d) Jims and Patsy.
7. How does Meggie feel about Dane's career choice?
(a) She is fully supportive.
(b) She wishes Dane would have made a better career choice.
(c) She feels the Church took Ralph and is now taking her son.
(d) She wishes that he lived closer.
8. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To Gillanbone.
(b) To see Luke.
(c) To Rome to see Ralph.
(d) Back to the Muellers.
9. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He cries constantly.
(b) He is full of mischief.
(c) His personality is bright and sunny.
(d) He is ignored by the household.
10. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(c) Her grandmother, Fiona.
(d) Father Ralph.
11. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
12. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
(a) He runs into Father Ralph.
(b) He is hit by machine gun fire.
(c) He gets a letter from his girlfriend.
(d) He and Jims are sent to fight separately.
13. What is Bob like?
(a) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(d) Pushy and aggressive.
14. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That Frank is her favorite.
(b) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(c) That she never really loved Paddy.
(d) That she hates Drogheda.
15. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
(a) A poem by Poe.
(b) A picture of Meggie.
(c) A dried pink rose.
(d) A highlighted Biblical verse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Justine torn between?
2. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
3. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
4. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
5. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)