|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(a) Father Ralph.
(c) Her grandmother, Fiona.
2. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(b) Shear a sheep.
(d) Play horseshoes.
3. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
4. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(b) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
5. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
(b) To leave Luke.
(c) To leave the Muellers.
(d) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
6. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
(a) Ability to get along with people.
(b) Sense of humor.
(d) Quick temper.
7. What is Bob like?
(a) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(b) Outgoing and friendly.
(c) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(d) Pushy and aggressive.
8. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Australia.
(b) Archbishop of Wahine.
(c) Cardinal in Rome.
(d) The Pope's personal assistant.
9. Who is hired as a new sheep shearer?
(a) Luke O'Neill.
(b) Ryan Miller.
(c) Mary Carson's long-lost son, Michael.
10. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
(c) The Holy Cross Church in Gillanbone.
(d) Mary Carson's backyard.
11. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(b) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
(c) Confidante to the Pope.
(d) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
12. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(b) Anne Mueller.
(d) Father Ralph.
13. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(d) Jims and Patsy.
14. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) Sheep shearer.
(b) Store owner.
(d) The priesthood.
15. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
(a) Fiona and Meggie.
(b) Luke and Meggie.
(c) Bob and Fiona.
(d) Jims and Patsy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
2. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
3. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
4. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
5. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)