Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
(b) Ability to get along with people.
(c) Sense of humor.
(d) Quick temper.
2. What does Father Ralph's mentor find when he looks in Ralph's missal?
(a) A dried pink rose.
(b) A poem by Poe.
(c) A picture of Meggie.
(d) A highlighted Biblical verse.
3. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) Her brother Frank.
(b) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(c) A beautiful new dress.
(d) A pet dog.
4. How is the relationship between Dane and Justine?
(c) Very close.
5. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
(a) The tax rate skyrockets.
(b) Wool and other sheep products are no longer in demand.
(c) The Prime Minister declares war on Germany.
(d) There is an earthquake.
6. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(c) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
(d) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
7. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(a) No one.
(b) The Muellers.
(d) Father Ralph.
8. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
(a) She is still holding out hope.
(b) She doesn't want to subject her children to the shame of a broken marriage.
(c) Her mother disapproves.
(d) Father Ralph tells her not to.
9. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(b) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
(c) Because Meggie ignores him.
(d) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
10. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(b) They make love.
(c) They go back to the Muellers.
(d) They have a huge disagreement.
11. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she hates Drogheda.
(b) That she never really loved Paddy.
(c) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
(d) That Frank is her favorite.
12. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
(b) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(c) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
(d) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
13. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
14. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) Sheep shearer.
(b) Store owner.
(c) The priesthood.
15. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(b) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
(c) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(d) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
2. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
3. Where is the original location for Meggie and Luke's wedding?
4. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
5. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)