|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
2. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might disappoint her mother.
(b) She might betray Father Ralph.
(c) She might fall in love.
(d) She might become pregnant.
3. What does Luke believe he should do when they get married?
(a) Visit his family.
(b) Look for a new place to live.
(c) Visit Father Ralph and tell him of their marriage.
(d) Take title to all of his wife's possessions.
4. Who does Meggie not want to tell that she is married?
(c) Father Ralph.
5. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
(b) He is curious about him.
(c) He shuns him.
(d) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
6. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
(a) The Pope.
(b) A German solder, by the name of Rainer.
(d) Meggie, waiting at St. Peter's.
7. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(b) Flowers from the garden.
(c) The Rolls Royce.
(d) Paddy's suit.
8. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(c) Father Ralph.
9. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(b) Jims and Patsy.
10. Why is Father Ralph hurt when he sees Meggie's child?
(a) Because Meggie ignores him.
(b) He believes that Meggie returned to Luke after their time in Matlock.
(c) Because Fiona treats him suspiciously.
(d) He believes the Pope has overlooked him.
11. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
(a) A family reunion.
(b) A dance.
(d) An ice cream social.
12. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) She loves her employers.
(b) He forcefully commands her.
(c) They are building a future together.
(d) She is in love with him.
13. What comment does Fiona make that surprises Meggie?
(a) That she never really loved Paddy.
(b) That Frank is her favorite.
(c) That she hates Drogheda.
(d) That Dane is the image of his father, Archbishop de Bricassart.
14. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
15. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(b) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
(c) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(d) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two family members are absent for Dane's ordination?
2. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
3. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
4. What trait does Bob lack that Paddy had?
5. Why does Meggie not file for divorce from Luke?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)