|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Father Ralph bring news of when he goes to Drogheda for a visit after the war?
2. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
3. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) To see Luke.
(b) To Rome to see Ralph.
(c) To Gillanbone.
(d) Back to the Muellers.
4. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) The priesthood.
(b) Sheep shearer.
(c) Store owner.
5. Why does Archbishop de Bricassart disagree with the Pope?
(a) Because the Pope will not let the Archbishop visit Drogheda.
(b) Because the Pope wants him to leave Rome.
(c) Because he feels that the Pope does not do enough to stop the war.
(d) Because the Pope wants him to ask Meggie's forgiveness.
6. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
(a) Traveling school teacher.
(c) Sheep shearer.
(d) Sugar cane cutter.
7. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(d) Jims and Patsy.
8. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(b) Shear a sheep.
(c) Play horseshoes.
9. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(d) Father Ralph.
10. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
(a) The climate is about the same between the two locations.
(b) There is more snowfall in Gillanbone.
(c) Queensland has much more rain than Gillanbone.
(d) Queensland is far hotter than Gillanbone.
11. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
(d) New Queensland.
12. Who is particularly supportive of Justine's career?
(b) Father Ralph.
(c) Her grandmother, Fiona.
13. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(a) Arne Swenson.
(b) A fellow actor.
(c) Patrick Swenson.
14. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
(a) Cardinal in Australia.
(b) The Pope's personal assistant.
(c) Cardinal in Rome.
(d) Archbishop of Wahine.
15. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
(a) The burnt area withers even more in the heat.
(b) The boys chop the remaining trees down.
(c) New growth begins to appear.
(d) Rains soak the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
2. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
3. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
4. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
5. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)