|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Luke betray Meggie for two years?
(a) By not allowing Fiona to move in with them.
(b) By using a condom to prevent a pregnancy.
(c) By not allowing her to see Father Ralph.
(d) By not moving her back to Drogheda.
2. What does Luke teach Meggie to do?
(a) Shear a sheep.
(c) Play horseshoes.
3. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(b) The Rolls Royce.
(c) Flowers from the garden.
(d) Paddy's suit.
4. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(b) Sheep shearer.
(c) The priesthood.
(d) Store owner.
5. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(b) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
(c) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
(d) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
6. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(c) Jims and Patsy.
7. What happens between Meggie and her visitor at Matlock?
(a) They go back to the Muellers.
(b) They decide to go back to Drogheda together.
(c) They have a huge disagreement.
(d) They make love.
8. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(a) New Zealand.
(c) New Guinea.
9. What does Cardinal Contini-Verchese find out?
(a) That Father Ralph had an affair with Meggie.
(b) That Father Ralph has been lying about money.
(c) That Father Ralph prefers to stay in Gillanbone.
(d) That Father Ralph had an affair with Mary Carson.
10. What is Luke's reaction to meeting up with Meggie for a vacation?
(a) He says he will join her.
(b) He invites the Muellers to join them at Matlock.
(c) He instead decides to join Arne for a vacation in Sydney.
(d) He tells Meggie that she doesn't need a vacation.
11. What does Luke convince Meggie to do?
(a) Get married.
(b) Invite Father Ralph to Drogheda.
(c) Attend every Friday night dance.
(d) Run away.
12. What also happens on September 2, 1945, besides the end of the war?
(a) Luke comes to visit.
(b) Bob decides to leave Drogheda.
(c) Archbishop de Bricassart comes to visit.
(d) The longest drought in Drogheda history ends.
13. Who does Meggie call for when she is giving birth?
14. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(b) Travel the world.
(c) Become an actress.
(d) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
15. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A beautiful new dress.
(b) Her brother Frank.
(c) A pet dog.
(d) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Meggie initially attracted to Luke?
2. What does Luke first invite Meggie to?
3. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
4. Where does Meggie go for a getaway after her daughter's birth?
5. Who is Luke's new boss when he becomes a sugar cane cutter?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)