|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Justine choose to do rather than attend college?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Travel the world.
(d) Move to Gillanbone and live independently.
2. What does Luke want to borrow from Bob for his date to the dance with Meggie?
(a) The Rolls Royce.
(c) Flowers from the garden.
(d) Paddy's suit.
3. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
(b) He shuns him.
(c) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
(d) He is curious about him.
4. Who does Meggie confide the state of her marriage to?
(b) No one.
(c) The Muellers.
(d) Father Ralph.
5. Why does Fiona see things from Meggie's perspective?
(a) Because Luke is indifferent to the children.
(b) Because she takes up for her daughter.
(c) Because she doesn't want her grandchildren to leave Drogheda.
(d) Because she felt the same way with Paddy.
6. Where does Meggie go after her trip to Matlock?
(a) Back to the Muellers.
(b) To see Luke.
(c) To Gillanbone.
(d) To Rome to see Ralph.
7. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(b) New Zealand.
(d) New Guinea.
8. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(b) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
(c) Confidante to the Pope.
(d) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
9. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
(b) To support her family at Drogheda.
(c) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(d) To support the Catholic church.
10. How does Luke take the news that Meggie is pregnant?
(a) He decides that he needs to work more hours to support his family.
(b) He is sad that they haven't had any time alone as a couple.
(c) He is overcome with joy.
(d) He is furious.
11. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(c) Jims and Patsy.
12. What does Meggie think could be a result of kissing Luke?
(a) She might become pregnant.
(b) She might disappoint her mother.
(c) She might betray Father Ralph.
(d) She might fall in love.
13. What occupation does Dane want to pursue?
(a) Sheep shearer.
(b) The priesthood.
(d) Store owner.
14. Whom does Justine fall in love with?
(b) A fellow actor.
(c) Patrick Swenson.
(d) Arne Swenson.
15. What is Bob like?
(a) Pushy and aggressive.
(b) Familiar with the young ladies in the area.
(c) Shy and preoccupied with Drogheda.
(d) Outgoing and friendly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nationwide event happens that involves the Cleary family?
2. Who is in charge of a marriage, according to Meggie's background?
3. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
4. What happens to the land a week after the fire?
5. Who does Archbishop de Bricassart encounter one evening?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)