|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Meggie think Luke looks like?
(a) Father Ralph.
2. What role is Father Ralph about to assume right after Meggie gives birth to her firstborn?
(a) Archbishop and Papal Legate to Australia.
(b) Confidante to the Pope.
(c) Principal of the boarding school in Gillanbone.
3. What decision does Meggie make during her getaway?
(a) To tell Fiona about her marriage.
(b) To bury the past and forget Father Ralph.
(c) To leave Luke.
(d) To leave the Muellers.
4. Where will Meggie's wages from her housekeeping job go?
(a) To support her family at Drogheda.
(b) Straight into Luke's bank account.
(c) To support the Catholic church.
(d) To send Jims and Patsy to boarding school.
5. What last act of courage does Dane perform?
(a) He stands up to Luke and tells him what he thinks of him.
(b) He tells Father Ralph that he is his son.
(c) He pushes Justine out of the way of a bus.
(d) He rescues a German woman from drowning.
6. How does Dane respond to Father Ralph?
(a) He shuns him.
(b) He is entranced by him and treats him very respectfully.
(c) He is curious about him.
(d) By telling him that Luke and Meggie are still together.
7. Who tries to salvage Luke and Meggie's wedding?
(c) Anne Mueller.
(d) Father Ralph.
8. Where does the war take Jims and Patsy?
(b) New Guinea.
(c) New Zealand.
9. What does Luke find for Meggie when they get to Queensland?
(a) A job as a housekeeper on Himmelhoch.
(b) A pet dog.
(c) Her brother Frank.
(d) A beautiful new dress.
10. Which Cleary family members are allowed to be a part of this nationwide effort?
(b) Jims and Patsy.
11. Why does Meggie stay with Luke?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) He forcefully commands her.
(c) They are building a future together.
(d) She loves her employers.
12. How is baby Dane different from his sister?
(a) He is ignored by the household.
(b) He is full of mischief.
(c) He cries constantly.
(d) His personality is bright and sunny.
13. Who shows up at Matlock while Meggie is staying there?
(c) Father Ralph.
14. Where do Luke and Meggie honeymoon?
(b) New Queensland.
15. Who assumes Paddy's role as head stockman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Father Ralph elevated to at the end of the war?
2. What is the climate difference between Gillanbone and Queensland?
3. What traveling job does Luke take for six days a week?
4. Whom does Justine meet in Rome?
5. What happens to Patsy when he and Jims are at war?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)