|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) Patrick and Ralph.
(b) Frank and Chris.
(c) Adam and Michael.
(d) James and Patrick.
2. Where is Fiona's family from?
(d) New Zealand.
3. What does the Cleary family do every Sunday?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Eat at the local church dinner.
(c) Hold a family meeting with their relatives.
(d) Go to mass.
4. Paddy and Fiona have how many sons?
5. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
(a) Rainwater tanks.
(b) Blacksmith shop.
(c) A general store.
6. What are the twins' nicknames?
(a) Ralphie and Mickey.
(b) A.C. and Patty.
(c) Jimmy and C.C.
(d) Jims and Patsy.
7. What does Mary promise Paddy?
(a) That he will be an elder in the Catholic church.
(b) That he will be Ralph's assistant.
(c) That he will inherit her wealth and land.
(d) Her Cadillac.
8. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(a) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
(c) Father Ralph.
9. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
(a) He sends them on a trip to Wahine.
(b) He treats them to ice cream in town.
(c) He buys new pillows.
(d) He opens a bank account.
10. What is Paddy's job?
(a) Day laborer for other farmers.
(c) Sheep herder.
11. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
(a) Try to put Hal out of her mind and go on.
(b) Go back to the boarding school.
(c) Talk to Fiona about female issues.
(d) Ride a horse in the proper riding clothes.
12. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) A kiss.
(b) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(c) That he move away.
(d) That he quit seeing Meggie.
13. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
14. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
(a) How to find a boyfriend.
(b) That Frank is her half-brother.
(c) The mechanics of the female body.
(d) What really happened to Hal.
15. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
(b) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(c) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
(d) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona discover while packing?
2. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
3. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
4. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
5. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)