|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Hal?
(a) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(b) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
(c) He becomes ill and dies.
(d) He runs away from home.
2. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Ralph & Adam.
(b) Dane & Patrick.
(c) Martin & Luke.
(d) Jack & Hughie.
3. Why is Ralph sent to Gillanbone?
(a) To meet up with Meggie.
(b) Because he stole money from the Church.
(c) For disrespecting a bishop.
(d) To assist Mary Carson.
4. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
(a) Pens a new will.
(b) Takes a trip to town.
(c) Talks to Paddy about Meggie.
(d) Consults with a caterer to make sure the food is perfect.
5. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
(b) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
(c) Holy Covenant Reunion.
(d) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
6. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
(b) A news article about Frank.
(c) Meggie's diary.
(d) Mary's first will.
7. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
(a) He loans them money to tide them over.
(b) He takes on a father role with the twins.
(c) He is more of a close family friend than a priest.
(d) He provides transportation to them for errands.
8. What is Paddy's job?
(b) Day laborer for other farmers.
(c) Sheep herder.
9. Where does Ralph find Meggie at the end of Mary's birthday party?
(a) Sitting alone in her room at Drogheda.
(b) Weeping in the garden.
(c) Sitting on Mary's front porch.
(d) Crying over Hal's grave.
10. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
(a) That Meggie will attend dances and meet men her age.
(b) That Fiona will tell Meggie about Frank.
(c) That she will discuss women's health issues with Meggie.
(d) That Meggie will not have to supervise the cleaning and cooking.
11. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(c) She's mad that so much time has passed.
(d) She wants to go see her son.
12. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
(a) How to find a boyfriend.
(b) That Frank is her half-brother.
(c) What really happened to Hal.
(d) The mechanics of the female body.
13. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
(a) Frank moving away.
(b) The birth of the twins.
(c) Hal's death.
(d) Meggie and Stuart coming home from school.
14. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
(a) A doll that she names Agnes.
(b) A trip to the candy store in Wahine.
(c) A pet lamb named Bo.
(d) A day to follow her dad on his daily chores.
15. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(b) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
(c) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
(d) Hear from Frank.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
2. What does the oldest son want to do?
3. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
4. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
5. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)