|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Paddy and Fiona
(b) Meggie and the Church.
(c) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
2. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Ralph & Adam.
(b) Martin & Luke.
(c) Jack & Hughie.
(d) Dane & Patrick.
3. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
(a) Frank loses the boxing match.
(b) Frank does not participate in the blacksmith event.
(c) Frank loses Meggie.
(d) Frank is boxing.
4. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
(a) He sends them on a trip to Wahine.
(b) He treats them to ice cream in town.
(c) He opens a bank account.
(d) He buys new pillows.
5. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
(a) Livestock manager.
(c) Fence builder.
6. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Meggie and Stuart.
(b) Fiona and Paddy.
(c) Hal and Frank.
(d) Ralph and Jack.
7. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(a) Blacksmith tournament.
(b) Weight lifting contest.
(d) Pie eating contest.
8. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(b) An arsonist.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) A bolt of lightning.
9. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) James and Patrick.
(b) Adam and Michael.
(c) Frank and Chris.
(d) Patrick and Ralph.
10. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
11. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) He regrets marrying her.
(c) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(d) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
12. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
(a) To a boarding school in Sydney when they turn twelve.
(b) To visit Frank.
(c) To see Fiona's family.
(d) To live with Father Ralph.
13. Who is the main character of this novel?
14. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(c) None. She is an only child.
15. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he move away.
(b) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(c) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(d) A kiss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What attacks Stuart?
2. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
3. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
4. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
5. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)