|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(b) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
(c) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
(d) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
2. What does Frank do after he hears reports about him and Paddy?
(a) Confides in Ralph.
(b) Marries the neighbor girl.
(c) Opens his own blacksmith shop.
(d) Leaves Gillanbone.
3. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(a) Father Ralph.
(c) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
4. What does Ralph stop just short of explaining to Meggie?
(a) That Mary is jealous of Meggie.
(b) That he is in love with Meggie.
(c) Where babies come from.
(d) That Mary has no intention of sharing her wealth.
5. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) James and Patrick.
(b) Patrick and Ralph.
(c) Adam and Michael.
(d) Frank and Chris.
6. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(b) Meggie and the Church.
(c) Paddy and Fiona
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
7. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(a) An arsonist.
(b) A bolt of lightning.
(d) A gunshot.
8. What happens to Hal?
(a) He becomes ill and dies.
(b) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(c) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
(d) He runs away from home.
9. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) Meggie's diary.
(b) Mary's first will.
(c) A news article about Frank.
(d) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
10. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(a) Pie eating contest.
(b) Weight lifting contest.
(d) Blacksmith tournament.
11. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
(a) A bigger house.
(b) New sheep.
(c) All new party clothes.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
12. What attacks Stuart?
(a) A dingo.
(b) A wild boar.
(c) A python.
(d) A bear.
13. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
14. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Three thousand pounds
(c) Ten thousand pounds.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
15. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
(a) Four decades.
(b) Two decades.
(c) One decade.
(d) Five decades.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the Cleary family to arrive in Gillanbone?
2. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
3. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
4. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
5. Before returning for the funerals of Paddy and Stuart, when was the last time Father Ralph was at Drogheda?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)