|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Ralph sent to Gillanbone?
(a) For disrespecting a bishop.
(b) To assist Mary Carson.
(c) To meet up with Meggie.
(d) Because he stole money from the Church.
2. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
(a) Welcoming - someone to eventually help out in the fields.
(c) Worry for Fiona's health.
(d) Anger at another mouth to feed.
3. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) Fiona's uncle.
(b) Fiona's family.
(c) The City of Gillanbone.
(d) Mary Carson.
4. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) The privy.
(b) A water heater.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A bathtub.
5. Where is Fiona's family from?
(a) New Zealand.
6. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
(a) Wahine Elementary.
(b) Lord of the Outback Elementary.
(c) Sacred Heart Convent School.
(d) The corner school.
7. Why does Meggie leave school?
(a) Meggie needs to help Paddy with the sheep.
(b) A pregnant Fiona cannot manage all of the housework.
(c) Meggie is making poor grades.
(d) Mary no longer wants to pay tuition at the school.
8. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
9. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
10. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Patrick Drogheda.
(b) Mary Little.
(c) Luciana De Bricassart.
(d) Teresa Annunzio.
11. What are the twins' nicknames?
(a) Jims and Patsy.
(b) Jimmy and C.C.
(c) A.C. and Patty.
(d) Ralphie and Mickey.
12. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
(a) He is tired of her childish ways.
(b) Paddy asks him to.
(c) He blames her for Hal's death.
(d) To prevent rumors of a liaison.
13. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
(a) Because she runs away.
(b) Because she is in love with a married man.
(c) Because she refuses to follow in her mother's footsteps.
(d) Because she is unmarried and pregnant.
14. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
(b) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
(c) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
(d) Holy Covenant Reunion.
15. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(c) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(d) A coming out party for Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
2. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
3. Which of the following is a gift that Ralph receives from Mary?
4. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
5. Who finds Paddy's remains?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)