|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(a) Hear from Frank.
(b) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
(d) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
2. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
(a) A bigger house.
(b) All new party clothes.
(c) New sheep.
(d) Indoor plumbing.
3. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
(a) That Mary Carson has died.
(b) That Mary is in love with him.
(c) That Mary has left on a vacation.
(d) That Paddy and Fiona have moved.
4. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
5. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
(a) She will have to leave her home.
(b) Paddy will be jealous.
(c) She cannot find anyone she loves.
(d) If she remarries, all of her wealth becomes her husband's.
6. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
(a) A general store.
(b) Blacksmith shop.
(d) Rainwater tanks.
7. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
8. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
9. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
(a) To a boarding school in Sydney when they turn twelve.
(b) To see Fiona's family.
(c) To visit Frank.
(d) To live with Father Ralph.
10. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
(a) A trip to the candy store in Wahine.
(b) A doll that she names Agnes.
(c) A day to follow her dad on his daily chores.
(d) A pet lamb named Bo.
11. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
12. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) A news article about Frank.
(b) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
(c) Meggie's diary.
(d) Mary's first will.
13. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(c) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(d) A coming out party for Meggie.
14. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
(a) That she will discuss women's health issues with Meggie.
(b) That Meggie will not have to supervise the cleaning and cooking.
(c) That Fiona will tell Meggie about Frank.
(d) That Meggie will attend dances and meet men her age.
15. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
(a) Talk to Fiona about female issues.
(b) Go back to the boarding school.
(c) Ride a horse in the proper riding clothes.
(d) Try to put Hal out of her mind and go on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
2. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
3. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
4. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
5. Where do they bury Hal?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)