|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Hal and Frank.
(b) Ralph and Jack.
(c) Fiona and Paddy.
(d) Meggie and Stuart.
2. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The family Bible.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) The keys to her house.
(d) The name of someone in Rome.
3. What is Paddy's job?
(c) Sheep herder.
(d) Day laborer for other farmers.
4. What does the oldest son want to do?
(a) Join the army.
(b) Join the circus.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Become a professional sheep herder.
5. Paddy and Fiona have how many sons?
6. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
(a) The Archbishop and their life-long friendship.
(b) The "new" will and the death of Mary Carson.
(c) The generosity of the townspeople.
(d) The Cleary family's move to Drogheda.
7. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(d) Mary Carson.
8. What attacks Stuart?
(a) A python.
(b) A dingo.
(c) A wild boar.
(d) A bear.
9. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(a) Father Ralph.
(b) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
10. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
(a) Frank does not participate in the blacksmith event.
(b) Frank is boxing.
(c) Frank loses Meggie.
(d) Frank loses the boxing match.
11. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Ralph & Adam.
(b) Dane & Patrick.
(c) Jack & Hughie.
(d) Martin & Luke.
12. Where does Ralph find Meggie at the end of Mary's birthday party?
(a) Crying over Hal's grave.
(b) Sitting on Mary's front porch.
(c) Weeping in the garden.
(d) Sitting alone in her room at Drogheda.
13. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A passionate kiss.
(b) A pale pink rose.
(c) A piece of her formal dress.
(d) A picture of the two of them.
14. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Ten thousand pounds.
(b) Two thousand pounds.
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Three thousand pounds
15. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a husband.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) As a brother.
(d) As a son.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
2. What does Fiona neglect to tell Meggie?
3. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
4. What does the housekeeper tell Ralph the morning after Mary Carson's birthday party?
5. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)