|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) Mary Carson.
(b) The City of Gillanbone.
(c) Fiona's uncle.
(d) Fiona's family.
2. What does Frank do after he hears reports about him and Paddy?
(a) Opens his own blacksmith shop.
(b) Confides in Ralph.
(c) Marries the neighbor girl.
(d) Leaves Gillanbone.
3. Which character says that Frank is no better than the one who fathered him?
(b) Mary Carson.
4. Where is Fiona's family from?
(b) New Zealand.
5. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
(a) Frank is boxing.
(b) Frank loses the boxing match.
(c) Frank does not participate in the blacksmith event.
(d) Frank loses Meggie.
6. What does the Cleary family do every Sunday?
(a) Go to mass.
(b) Eat at the local church dinner.
(c) Go to the movies.
(d) Hold a family meeting with their relatives.
7. What is one thing that Fiona never does?
(a) Converts to Catholicism.
(b) Supports her children in their schooling.
(c) Attends church on Sunday mornings.
(d) Questions Paddy's authority.
8. What does the oldest son want to do?
(a) Become a professional sheep herder.
(b) Join the circus.
(c) Become a priest.
(d) Join the army.
9. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
(a) Frank moving away.
(b) Meggie and Stuart coming home from school.
(c) Hal's death.
(d) The birth of the twins.
10. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He is sent to a military school.
(b) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
(c) He loses his home.
(d) He is put in jail.
11. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
12. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
(a) Promises that he will work the ranch with Paddy.
(b) Asks her to be like a mother to him.
(c) Flirts with her to bring in more money for the Church.
(d) Promises that he will move to Italy with her.
13. What job does Paddy give Meggie?
(a) Cooking for the family.
(b) Patrolling the Home Paddock on horseback.
(c) Cleaning the livestock pens.
(d) Watching Jims and Patsy.
14. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(b) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
(c) Mary Carson is very ill.
(d) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
15. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(b) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
(c) Father Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
2. Who finds Paddy's remains?
3. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
4. What happens to Hal?
5. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)