|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
(a) She will have to leave her home.
(b) Paddy will be jealous.
(c) If she remarries, all of her wealth becomes her husband's.
(d) She cannot find anyone she loves.
2. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) A kiss.
(b) That he move away.
(c) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(d) That he find Frank and bring him home.
3. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
(a) Promises that he will move to Italy with her.
(b) Asks her to be like a mother to him.
(c) Flirts with her to bring in more money for the Church.
(d) Promises that he will work the ranch with Paddy.
4. What color is Meggie's party dress?
(b) Mint green.
(c) Delicate pinkish color, called "ashes of roses."
(d) Cherry red.
5. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Mary Little.
(b) Teresa Annunzio.
(c) Patrick Drogheda.
(d) Luciana De Bricassart.
6. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
7. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(b) The Outback.
8. How frequently is mail delivered to Drogheda?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every three days.
(c) Every six weeks.
(d) Every month.
9. Where do they bury Hal?
(a) In Gillanbone.
(b) In Wahine.
(c) In the local church cemetery.
(d) In a tiny cemetery on Drogheda.
10. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(b) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
(c) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(d) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
11. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Five days.
(d) Seven days.
12. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
13. What does Frank do after he hears reports about him and Paddy?
(a) Confides in Ralph.
(b) Leaves Gillanbone.
(c) Opens his own blacksmith shop.
(d) Marries the neighbor girl.
14. Who finds Paddy's remains?
(c) Father Ralph.
15. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
(a) Because Ralph ignores her at the party.
(b) Because she hasn't heard from Frank.
(c) Because Paddy ignores her.
(d) Because she cannot get over Hal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
2. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
3. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
4. What does Fiona discover while packing?
5. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)