|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary promise Paddy?
(a) That he will be Ralph's assistant.
(b) That he will be an elder in the Catholic church.
(c) Her Cadillac.
(d) That he will inherit her wealth and land.
2. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
(b) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
(c) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(d) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
3. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(c) None. She is an only child.
4. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a brother.
(b) As a son.
(c) She is attracted to him.
(d) As a husband.
5. Where will Jims and Patsy go with the inheritance from Mary Carson?
(a) To live with Father Ralph.
(b) To visit Frank.
(c) To a boarding school in Sydney when they turn twelve.
(d) To see Fiona's family.
6. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) Money to buy a farm.
(b) A share in the family farm.
(c) A herd of sheep.
(d) A new car.
7. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
8. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(b) The Clearys and the Carsons.
(c) Meggie and the Church.
(d) Paddy and Fiona
9. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
10. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
(a) Rainwater tanks.
(b) A general store.
(d) Blacksmith shop.
11. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(d) The Outback.
12. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He falls in love with her.
(b) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(c) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
(d) He regrets marrying her.
13. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
14. As administrator of Mary Carson's wealth, Father Ralph does something that is unheard of. What is that?
(a) He gives Meggie and Fiona an income.
(b) He tries to break Frank out of prison.
(c) He takes Meggie dress shopping.
(d) He challenges the rules of the Catholic church.
15. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
(a) Takes a trip to town.
(b) Consults with a caterer to make sure the food is perfect.
(c) Pens a new will.
(d) Talks to Paddy about Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
2. What is Paddy's job?
3. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
4. Which of the following characters are Meggie's children?
5. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)