|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
(b) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
(c) Holy Covenant Reunion.
(d) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
2. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
3. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
(a) A date with the town doctor.
(b) A doctor's appointment.
(c) A station manager.
(d) Her bills paid.
4. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
(a) He opens a bank account.
(b) He sends them on a trip to Wahine.
(c) He treats them to ice cream in town.
(d) He buys new pillows.
5. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) A share in the family farm.
(c) Money to buy a farm.
(d) A new car.
6. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) The City of Gillanbone.
(b) Fiona's uncle.
(c) Mary Carson.
(d) Fiona's family.
7. Where do they bury Hal?
(a) In Wahine.
(b) In Gillanbone.
(c) In a tiny cemetery on Drogheda.
(d) In the local church cemetery.
8. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
(a) Fence builder.
(b) Livestock manager.
9. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Ralph and Jack.
(b) Hal and Frank.
(c) Fiona and Paddy.
(d) Meggie and Stuart.
10. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
(a) He provides transportation to them for errands.
(b) He is more of a close family friend than a priest.
(c) He takes on a father role with the twins.
(d) He loans them money to tide them over.
11. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
(a) Paddy asks him to.
(b) He blames her for Hal's death.
(c) He is tired of her childish ways.
(d) To prevent rumors of a liaison.
12. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Patrick Drogheda.
(b) Teresa Annunzio.
(c) Luciana De Bricassart.
(d) Mary Little.
13. What does Mary promise Paddy?
(a) That he will be Ralph's assistant.
(b) That he will be an elder in the Catholic church.
(c) Her Cadillac.
(d) That he will inherit her wealth and land.
14. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(b) Father Ralph.
(d) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
15. Who is the first person that the Cleary family meets when they arrive in Gillanbone?
(a) Paddy Cleary's mother.
(b) Mary Carson.
(c) Fiona's sister.
(d) Father Ralph.
Short Answer Questions
1. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
2. What does Mary provide for the Cleary family for her 72nd birthday party?
3. Where is Paddy when the big storm strikes?
4. Where does Ralph find Meggie at the end of Mary's birthday party?
5. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)