|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) James and Patrick.
(b) Patrick and Ralph.
(c) Adam and Michael.
(d) Frank and Chris.
2. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Meggie and the Church.
(b) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(c) Paddy and Fiona
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
3. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
(a) To leave the maids alone.
(b) That he needs to be closer to the Cleary family to take care of them.
(c) To loan Paddy money.
(d) That this will be her last party and she will choose her time to die.
4. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
(a) Five days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
5. Who returns to the Home Paddock?
(b) Father Ralph.
6. What is the next career move for Father Ralph after the role of private secretary in Sydney?
(a) To become a priest in Sydney.
(b) To become a bishop.
(c) To become an attendant to the Archbishop.
(d) To become the Pope.
7. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
(a) He hires workers for Drogheda.
(b) He is a private secretary to an Archbishop in Sydney.
(c) He becomes a school teacher.
(d) He is Paddy's supervisor.
8. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
(a) He loans them money to tide them over.
(b) He takes on a father role with the twins.
(c) He provides transportation to them for errands.
(d) He is more of a close family friend than a priest.
9. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(a) None. She is an only child.
10. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) Fiona's family.
(b) Mary Carson.
(c) The City of Gillanbone.
(d) Fiona's uncle.
11. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
(a) Meggie and Stuart coming home from school.
(b) The birth of the twins.
(c) Hal's death.
(d) Frank moving away.
12. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(b) Pie eating contest.
(c) Weight lifting contest.
(d) Blacksmith tournament.
13. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(b) The Outback.
14. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(b) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(c) That he move away.
(d) A kiss.
15. What does Mary promise Paddy?
(a) That he will inherit her wealth and land.
(b) That he will be an elder in the Catholic church.
(c) That he will be Ralph's assistant.
(d) Her Cadillac.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona discover while packing?
2. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
3. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
4. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
5. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)