|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Fiona is bedridden with her latest pregnancy, who is her greatest helper?
2. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(b) Meggie and the Church.
(c) Paddy and Fiona
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
3. What does the Cleary family not encounter at Drogheda?
(a) Dust and flies.
(b) Snakes, birds, and kangaroos.
(c) A forest.
(d) Oppressive heat.
4. What is Drogheda known for?
(a) Raising more pigs than all the other ranches combined.
(b) Being the largest sheep ranch in New South Wales.
(c) The finest Holstein cattle in New Zealand.
(d) A wildlife refuge.
5. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(a) School teacher.
(c) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
6. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
(a) Try to put Hal out of her mind and go on.
(b) Talk to Fiona about female issues.
(c) Ride a horse in the proper riding clothes.
(d) Go back to the boarding school.
7. What does Fiona bring to her family?
(a) Extra money from a part-time job.
(b) Scandal and shame.
(c) Praise for being a top student in her class.
(d) An extra hand to help out with household chores.
8. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
9. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
(a) The corner school.
(b) Lord of the Outback Elementary.
(c) Wahine Elementary.
(d) Sacred Heart Convent School.
10. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(d) The Outback.
11. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
(a) Miss Appleton.
(b) Sister Agatha.
(c) Mrs. Carson.
(d) Sister Margaret.
12. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Jack & Hughie.
(b) Dane & Patrick.
(c) Ralph & Adam.
(d) Martin & Luke.
13. Who finds Paddy's remains?
(c) Father Ralph.
14. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) The privy.
(b) A bathtub.
(c) A water heater.
(d) The kitchen.
15. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(b) Father Ralph.
(c) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
2. What are the twins' nicknames?
3. What attacks Stuart?
4. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
5. Why does Paddy get into an argument with Frank when they are in Gillanbone for the Show and Picnic Races?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)