|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
(a) Tuition for two of the Cleary children to go to boarding school.
(b) A job.
(c) A maid.
(d) A home.
2. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(c) She wants to go see her son.
(d) She's mad that so much time has passed.
3. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(b) A bolt of lightning.
(c) An arsonist.
(d) A gunshot.
4. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
5. As administrator of Mary Carson's wealth, Father Ralph does something that is unheard of. What is that?
(a) He challenges the rules of the Catholic church.
(b) He gives Meggie and Fiona an income.
(c) He takes Meggie dress shopping.
(d) He tries to break Frank out of prison.
6. What is Ralph's role with the Cleary family?
(a) He provides transportation to them for errands.
(b) He takes on a father role with the twins.
(c) He is more of a close family friend than a priest.
(d) He loans them money to tide them over.
7. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Patrick Drogheda.
(b) Luciana De Bricassart.
(c) Teresa Annunzio.
(d) Mary Little.
8. Before returning for the funerals of Paddy and Stuart, when was the last time Father Ralph was at Drogheda?
(a) When he talked to Fiona about Meggie.
(b) When he officiated at the funeral of Mary Carson.
(c) When he discussed Frank with Paddy.
(d) When he set up a trust fund for Meggie.
9. How does Mary Carson view Ralph de Bricassart?
(a) As a husband.
(b) As a son.
(c) As a brother.
(d) She is attracted to him.
10. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A passionate kiss.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A pale pink rose.
(d) A piece of her formal dress.
11. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Jack & Hughie.
(b) Dane & Patrick.
(c) Martin & Luke.
(d) Ralph & Adam.
12. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) A news article about Frank.
(b) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
(c) Mary's first will.
(d) Meggie's diary.
13. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
(a) He hires workers for Drogheda.
(b) He becomes a school teacher.
(c) He is a private secretary to an Archbishop in Sydney.
(d) He is Paddy's supervisor.
14. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Three thousand pounds
(b) Ten thousand pounds.
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
15. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
(a) That Paddy is not Frank's father.
(b) That he loves her but can never act on that love.
(c) That Mary Carson was jealous of her.
(d) That Mary Carson was attracted to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ralph sent to Gillanbone?
2. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
3. What attacks Stuart?
4. Why does Meggie leave school?
5. Which of the following characters is not very fond of Meggie?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)