|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Meggie's best friend at school?
(a) Teresa Annunzio.
(b) Luciana De Bricassart.
(c) Mary Little.
(d) Patrick Drogheda.
2. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
(a) He is tired of her childish ways.
(b) He blames her for Hal's death.
(c) To prevent rumors of a liaison.
(d) Paddy asks him to.
3. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(b) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(c) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
(d) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
4. What is the district's most important social event?
(a) Drogheda Sheep Herders Reunion.
(b) Gillanbone Show and Picnic Races.
(c) Holy Covenant Reunion.
(d) The Gillanbone Catholic Church Ice Cream Social.
5. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(a) The Outback.
6. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Ten thousand pounds.
(b) Three thousand pounds
(c) Five thousand pounds.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
7. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(c) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
(d) School teacher.
8. What attacks Stuart?
(a) A dingo.
(b) A python.
(c) A bear.
(d) A wild boar.
9. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(d) None. She is an only child.
10. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
(a) He is a private secretary to an Archbishop in Sydney.
(b) He hires workers for Drogheda.
(c) He is Paddy's supervisor.
(d) He becomes a school teacher.
11. What is Drogheda known for?
(a) Being the largest sheep ranch in New South Wales.
(b) The finest Holstein cattle in New Zealand.
(c) A wildlife refuge.
(d) Raising more pigs than all the other ranches combined.
12. What two people or things is Ralph torn between?
(a) Paddy and Fiona
(b) Being a sheep farmer or working in Wahine.
(c) Meggie and the Church.
(d) The Clearys and the Carsons.
13. What is the next career move for Father Ralph after the role of private secretary in Sydney?
(a) To become an attendant to the Archbishop.
(b) To become a priest in Sydney.
(c) To become the Pope.
(d) To become a bishop.
14. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
15. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he find Frank and bring him home.
(b) That he move away.
(c) A kiss.
(d) That he quit seeing Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
2. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
3. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
4. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
5. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)