|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What location is the primary setting of this love story?
(c) The Outback.
2. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
(a) That he loves her but can never act on that love.
(b) That Mary Carson was jealous of her.
(c) That Paddy is not Frank's father.
(d) That Mary Carson was attracted to him.
3. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A passionate kiss.
(b) A pale pink rose.
(c) A picture of the two of them.
(d) A piece of her formal dress.
4. Who is the one character dissatisfied with life on the ranch?
5. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Five thousand pounds.
(b) Three thousand pounds
(c) Ten thousand pounds.
(d) Two thousand pounds.
6. Who is the main character of this novel?
7. What happens to Hal?
(a) He moves in with Mary Carson.
(b) He becomes ill and dies.
(c) He moves to town to attend boarding school.
(d) He runs away from home.
8. What is one thing that Fiona never does?
(a) Converts to Catholicism.
(b) Attends church on Sunday mornings.
(c) Questions Paddy's authority.
(d) Supports her children in their schooling.
9. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
(a) That she will discuss women's health issues with Meggie.
(b) That Meggie will attend dances and meet men her age.
(c) That Fiona will tell Meggie about Frank.
(d) That Meggie will not have to supervise the cleaning and cooking.
10. What does Fiona bring to her family?
(a) Extra money from a part-time job.
(b) An extra hand to help out with household chores.
(c) Scandal and shame.
(d) Praise for being a top student in her class.
11. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
12. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) All of the given answers are correct.
(b) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
(c) His love of adventure and travel.
(d) His desire to be independent.
13. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(a) Pie eating contest.
(b) Weight lifting contest.
(d) Blacksmith tournament.
14. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) A news article about Frank.
(b) Mary's first will.
(c) Meggie's diary.
(d) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
15. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(c) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(d) A coming out party for Meggie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary promise Paddy?
2. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
3. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
4. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
5. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)