|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the names of the twins that Fiona gives birth to?
(a) Adam and Michael.
(b) James and Patrick.
(c) Patrick and Ralph.
(d) Frank and Chris.
2. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
3. How frequently is mail delivered to Drogheda?
(a) Every three days.
(b) Every month.
(c) Every six weeks.
(d) Every week.
4. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He loses his home.
(b) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He is sent to a military school.
5. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(a) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
(c) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
(d) Hear from Frank.
6. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A pale pink rose.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A piece of her formal dress.
(d) A passionate kiss.
7. What does Mary tell Ralph after she leaves her birthday party?
(a) To leave the maids alone.
(b) That he needs to be closer to the Cleary family to take care of them.
(c) That this will be her last party and she will choose her time to die.
(d) To loan Paddy money.
8. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) His desire to be independent.
(b) All of the given answers are correct.
(c) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
(d) His love of adventure and travel.
9. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The keys to her house.
(b) The name of someone in Rome.
(c) A sealed envelope.
(d) The family Bible.
10. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
(a) A herd of sheep.
(b) Money to buy a farm.
(c) A new car.
(d) A share in the family farm.
11. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
(a) Doing the laundry and cleaning.
(b) Cooking three meals a day.
(c) Raising the children.
(d) Assisting Paddy with the farm chores.
12. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(b) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(c) A coming out party for Meggie.
(d) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
13. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(c) None. She is an only child.
14. How many days does the fire burn before the rains come?
(a) Three days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One day.
(d) Five days.
15. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
(a) A job.
(b) A maid.
(c) A home.
(d) Tuition for two of the Cleary children to go to boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fiona bring to her family?
2. How much older is Mary than Ralph?
3. What does Ralph stop just short of explaining to Meggie?
4. What does Ralph do with Mary Carson?
5. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)