|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Ralph and Jack.
(b) Fiona and Paddy.
(c) Hal and Frank.
(d) Meggie and Stuart.
2. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
3. Who finds Paddy's remains?
(a) Father Ralph.
4. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He is sent to a military school.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
5. What is the name of the newest Cleary?
6. The "Thorn Birds" spans three generations of what family?
7. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
(a) All of the given answers are correct.
(b) Helping his mother out when Paddy is not around.
(c) His love of adventure and travel.
(d) His desire to be independent.
8. What happens to Paddy when he goes to check on his sheep in the middle of a big storm?
(a) He is accidentally shot by a hunter.
(b) His horse throws him, and he breaks his neck.
(c) A wall of fire surrounds him, and he is burned alive.
(d) The smoke from the fire causes him to get lost.
9. Why does Meggie leave school?
(a) A pregnant Fiona cannot manage all of the housework.
(b) Meggie is making poor grades.
(c) Mary no longer wants to pay tuition at the school.
(d) Meggie needs to help Paddy with the sheep.
10. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(a) Father Ralph.
(b) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
11. What does Fiona discover while packing?
(a) Mary's first will.
(b) Meggie's diary.
(c) A news article about Frank.
(d) A poem that Meggie wrote about Hal.
12. What does Frank do after he hears reports about him and Paddy?
(a) Opens his own blacksmith shop.
(b) Leaves Gillanbone.
(c) Confides in Ralph.
(d) Marries the neighbor girl.
13. How does Paddy feel about Fiona?
(a) He feels she and the baby are a burden to him.
(b) He wishes she would do a better job of housekeeping.
(c) He falls in love with her.
(d) He regrets marrying her.
14. What does Mary Carson do before the event that she plans?
(a) Talks to Paddy about Meggie.
(b) Takes a trip to town.
(c) Consults with a caterer to make sure the food is perfect.
(d) Pens a new will.
15. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
2. What does the Cleary family do every Sunday?
3. Why is Meggie hurt at Mary's party?
4. What happens to Hal?
5. What does Fiona's father give Paddy?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)