|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How big is the check that Ralph sent Paddy?
(a) Three thousand pounds
(b) Ten thousand pounds.
(c) Two thousand pounds.
(d) Five thousand pounds.
2. What does Father Ralph owe his success to?
(a) The Cleary family's move to Drogheda.
(b) The "new" will and the death of Mary Carson.
(c) The Archbishop and their life-long friendship.
(d) The generosity of the townspeople.
3. Why does Ralph ignore Meggie at Mary's birthday party?
(a) Paddy asks him to.
(b) To prevent rumors of a liaison.
(c) He blames her for Hal's death.
(d) He is tired of her childish ways.
4. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(c) Father Ralph.
(d) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
5. Why does Paddy Cleary move to New South Wales?
(a) Mary Carson is very ill.
(b) Drogheda is promised to him upon his sister's death.
(c) Fiona's family wants her to be closer to them.
(d) Father Ralph is the best priest in that area.
6. As administrator of Mary Carson's wealth, Father Ralph does something that is unheard of. What is that?
(a) He gives Meggie and Fiona an income.
(b) He takes Meggie dress shopping.
(c) He tries to break Frank out of prison.
(d) He challenges the rules of the Catholic church.
7. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A passionate kiss.
(b) A picture of the two of them.
(c) A piece of her formal dress.
(d) A pale pink rose.
8. What does Father Ralph make Fiona promise him?
(a) That Meggie will attend dances and meet men her age.
(b) That Meggie will not have to supervise the cleaning and cooking.
(c) That she will discuss women's health issues with Meggie.
(d) That Fiona will tell Meggie about Frank.
9. Which brother always seems to be Meggie's champion?
10. Who does Mary Carson pay tuition for to attend boarding school in Gillanbone?
(a) Fiona and Paddy.
(b) Meggie and Stuart.
(c) Hal and Frank.
(d) Ralph and Jack.
11. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
(a) Fiona's family.
(b) The City of Gillanbone.
(c) Mary Carson.
(d) Fiona's uncle.
12. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
13. Which family member is not allowed to attend church?
14. Who asks Father Ralph to check on Frank's condition?
15. What is the next career move for Father Ralph after the role of private secretary in Sydney?
(a) To become a bishop.
(b) To become a priest in Sydney.
(c) To become an attendant to the Archbishop.
(d) To become the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one thing does Drogheda not have on the premises?
2. What happens to Hal?
3. What does Father Ralph do for everyone in the family?
4. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
5. What is one thing that Fiona never does?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)