|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How frequently is mail delivered to Drogheda?
(a) Every month.
(b) Every week.
(c) Every six weeks.
(d) Every three days.
2. How long did it take the Cleary family to arrive in Gillanbone?
(a) One week.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One month.
3. What is Paddy's occupation when he and his family leave New Zealand?
(b) School teacher.
(d) Farmer and sometime sheep shearer.
4. What color is Meggie's party dress?
(b) Mint green.
(c) Delicate pinkish color, called "ashes of roses."
(d) Cherry red.
5. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
6. What is the socio-economic level of Fiona's family?
7. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(c) None. She is an only child.
8. What does Mary give Ralph the evening of her 72nd birthday party?
(a) The keys to her house.
(b) A sealed envelope.
(c) The name of someone in Rome.
(d) The family Bible.
9. Who returns to the Home Paddock?
(a) Father Ralph.
10. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The privy.
(c) A bathtub.
(d) A water heater.
11. Mary Carson is jealous of which character?
12. Before returning for the funerals of Paddy and Stuart, when was the last time Father Ralph was at Drogheda?
(a) When he discussed Frank with Paddy.
(b) When he officiated at the funeral of Mary Carson.
(c) When he set up a trust fund for Meggie.
(d) When he talked to Fiona about Meggie.
13. Where do the Cleary children attend school?
(a) The corner school.
(b) Wahine Elementary.
(c) Sacred Heart Convent School.
(d) Lord of the Outback Elementary.
14. Why do Paddy and Frank have so many conflicts?
(a) Fiona favors Frank over Paddy.
(b) Paddy feels that Frank is too protective of Meggie.
(c) There is so much work to do and both are stressed.
(d) Frank is not Paddy's biological son.
15. Which of the following are two of the Cleary boys?
(a) Dane & Patrick.
(b) Jack & Hughie.
(c) Martin & Luke.
(d) Ralph & Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Paddy work for before his marriage?
2. What occupation does the eldest Cleary son hold?
3. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
4. Why does Mary Carson prefer to remain a widow?
5. What event draws the Cleary family closer?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)