|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What essential part of the house is still found outside at Drogheda?
(a) A water heater.
(b) The privy.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) A bathtub.
2. What does the Cleary family do every Sunday?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Hold a family meeting with their relatives.
(c) Go to mass.
(d) Eat at the local church dinner.
3. Which of the following is not one of Fiona's duties?
(a) Cooking three meals a day.
(b) Assisting Paddy with the farm chores.
(c) Doing the laundry and cleaning.
(d) Raising the children.
4. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
(a) That Mary Carson was jealous of her.
(b) That Mary Carson was attracted to him.
(c) That he loves her but can never act on that love.
(d) That Paddy is not Frank's father.
5. Paddy and Fiona have how many sons?
6. What does Mary Carson have difficulty keeping?
(a) A station manager.
(b) A doctor's appointment.
(c) A date with the town doctor.
(d) Her bills paid.
7. Why is Fiona punished by her family?
(a) Because she refuses to follow in her mother's footsteps.
(b) Because she is in love with a married man.
(c) Because she runs away.
(d) Because she is unmarried and pregnant.
8. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She's mad that so much time has passed.
(b) She passes out.
(c) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(d) She wants to go see her son.
9. How frequently is mail delivered to Drogheda?
(a) Every week.
(b) Every three days.
(c) Every month.
(d) Every six weeks.
10. Why does Meggie's friend's family leave town?
(a) Her father finds a new job.
(b) The children are not successful in school.
(c) Paddy runs them out of town in disgrace.
(d) Their farm is taken by the bank.
11. What job does Paddy give Meggie?
(a) Cleaning the livestock pens.
(b) Watching Jims and Patsy.
(c) Patrolling the Home Paddock on horseback.
(d) Cooking for the family.
12. How many brothers and sisters does Fiona have?
(b) None. She is an only child.
13. Where is Fiona's family from?
(a) New Zealand.
14. What strikes the dead gum tree and starts the fire?
(b) A bolt of lightning.
(c) A gunshot.
(d) An arsonist.
15. With the exception of Meggie, what is the family's attitude toward Fiona's latest pregnancy?
(a) Anger at another mouth to feed.
(b) Welcoming - someone to eventually help out in the fields.
(d) Worry for Fiona's health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the special gift that Meggie receives for her fourth birthday?
2. What sets Frank apart from the other male Cleary children?
3. What event does Mary Carson plan?
4. What is Father Ralph's new role since the death of Mary Carson?
5. Which of the following does Mary Carson not provide for Paddy's family?
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)