|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Meggie give to Father Ralph to remember her by?
(a) A piece of her formal dress.
(b) A pale pink rose.
(c) A passionate kiss.
(d) A picture of the two of them.
2. What happens when the oldest son runs away?
(a) He is sent to a military school.
(b) He loses his home.
(c) He is put in jail.
(d) He is captured by the police and brought back home.
3. Where is Fiona's family from?
(c) New Zealand.
4. Where do they bury Hal?
(a) In the local church cemetery.
(b) In Wahine.
(c) In Gillanbone.
(d) In a tiny cemetery on Drogheda.
5. What is Fiona's reaction to the news article regarding Frank?
(a) She passes out.
(b) She's mad that so much time has passed.
(c) She loses interest in her other children since Frank is her favorite.
(d) She wants to go see her son.
6. What event does Mary Carson plan?
(a) An outing for the entire Cleary family to Gillanbone.
(b) A vacation for herself and Ralph.
(c) A party for her 72nd birthday.
(d) A coming out party for Meggie.
7. Which sibling does Meggie take under her wing?
8. Which character's workload increases significantly with the move to New South Wales?
9. What does Fiona hope to do before moving into Mary's house?
(b) Hear from Frank.
(c) Make sure each child has a bedroom.
(d) Get rid of Mary's clothes.
10. Who dotes on Jims and Patsy?
(a) Father Ralph.
(d) Mrs. Smith, the housekeeper
11. What does Mary demand of Ralph after her birthday party, but he refuses?
(a) That he quit seeing Meggie.
(b) A kiss.
(c) That he move away.
(d) That he find Frank and bring him home.
12. What does Frank participate in while touring the midway with Meggie and Ralph?
(a) Pie eating contest.
(b) Weight lifting contest.
(c) Blacksmith tournament.
13. What color is Meggie's party dress?
(a) Delicate pinkish color, called "ashes of roses."
(b) Cherry red.
(d) Mint green.
14. Which of the following characters are Meggie's children?
(a) Luke & Mary.
(b) Ralph & Fiona.
(c) Patrick & Agnes.
(d) Dane & Justine.
15. What does Father Ralph tell Meggie when he returns for the funerals?
(a) That Mary Carson was attracted to him.
(b) That he loves her but can never act on that love.
(c) That Mary Carson was jealous of her.
(d) That Paddy is not Frank's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the main character of this novel?
2. Who returns to the Home Paddock?
3. As administrator of Mary Carson's wealth, Father Ralph does something that is unheard of. What is that?
4. Why does Meggie leave school?
5. What does Ralph insist that Meggie do?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)