Short Essay Questions Key
1. Why is the romance between Meggie Cleary and Father Ralph ill-fated?
2. What makes Meggie's doll special?
3. What causes disagreements between Frank and Paddy?
4. What is the role of farm women in this time period?
5. What happens to Meggie's friendship with Teresa Annunzio?
6. What are the negative aspects for Meggie of living a clannish existence on their farm?
7. Since Fiona never converted to Catholicism, what aspects of a Catholic life are missing in the household?
8. In Chapter 2, there are two specific ways in which Meggie seems to experience discrimination. What are those two ways?
9. Describe Mary Carson's relationship with her brother, Paddy.
10. Why do the Clearys decide to move to Drogheda?
11. Why does Mary Carson find it more advantageous to remain a widow and not remarry?
12. Describe the relationship between Father Ralph and Mary Carson.
13. Describe the head stockman's house and Drogheda in general?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)