Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
2. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
3. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
4. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
5. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
Essay Topic 1
Now that you have read the book, THERE ARE NO CHILDREN HERE, write a paper about what you now know about the lives of people living in poverty. Why is the gang culture so prevalent in slum areas and ghettos? Discuss whether your attitudes have been altered about people living in poverty.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay entitled "Society's Forgotten People." In addition to the example of the Rivers family, mention other groups of people our society fails. In the essay, discuss how people are measured by the amount of material things they possess and the money they have in the bank and in investments.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay on social welfare systems in America. Give a balanced view, expressing the ways in which it certainly has helped a number of people. On the other hand, mention its inadequacies and offer suggestions about how it might be improved.
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)