Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
2. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
3. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
4. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
5. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
Essay Topic 1
Twenty years after the events in 1989 involving Pharoah and his drive for an education, America elected its first African-American President who, interestingly, got his first job working in the Chicago housing projects. Write an essay about how young people like Pharoah began seeing greater opportunities during the last two decades.
Essay Topic 2
Using LaJoe, Dawn, and LaShawn as examples, write a paper on the problem of teenage pregnancy. Discuss why it happens and why efforts to prevent teen pregnancies have not been all that successful. Discuss the other problems these young women face after their first child is born. Give your ideas of how the problem might be addressed.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay entitled "Society's Forgotten People." In addition to the example of the Rivers family, mention other groups of people our society fails. In the essay, discuss how people are measured by the amount of material things they possess and the money they have in the bank and in investments.
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)