Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
2. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
3. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
4. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
5. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
Essay Topic 1
Using Jimmie Lee as an example, write an essay on America's prison system. Discuss how incarceration more often than not turns out hardened criminals who earn their rank while in prison. Give your suggestions of how the prison system might be improved so that inmates are really rehabilitated.
Essay Topic 2
Write a paper on uniforms in gangs. Use Kotlowitz's description of the uniform identities of the Vice Lords. Compare that to uniforms adopted by schools, social institutions, and the military. Explain to what extent the purpose of the uniform is the same and to what extent it is different in these various organization.
Essay Topic 3
Twenty years after the events in 1989 involving Pharoah and his drive for an education, America elected its first African-American President who, interestingly, got his first job working in the Chicago housing projects. Write an essay about how young people like Pharoah began seeing greater opportunities during the last two decades.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)