Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bird Leg killed?
2. Who did LaJoe meet at a dance hall when she was only thirteen, pretending to be sixteen?
3. What does Lafeyette hear someone was doing when he got his legs run over by a train?
4. What is it called when the gang members break a side window of a car at a stoplight and grab a purse or briefcase on the seat?
5. What happens to Pharoah on his last word?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does a policeman treat Lafeyette in the stadium parking lot?
2. What is the evidence the police collected against Jimmie Lee?
3. Describe Pharoah's secret place.
4. Describe the severity of Pharoah's speech impediment.
5. Explain why LaJoe believes Terrence is innocent when she visits him in Cook County Jail.
6. Describe Pharoah's innate honesty.
7. How are Dawn and Demetrius singled out and publicized?
8. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
9. Mention something about the character of Craig Davis.
10. Describe how the eight-year-old Urica testifies at a murder trial.
Using LaJoe, Dawn, and LaShawn as examples, write a paper on the problem of teenage pregnancy. Discuss why it happens and why efforts to prevent teen pregnancies have not been all that successful. Discuss the other problems these young women face after their first child is born. Give your ideas of how the problem might be addressed.
When faced with the prospect of going to prison for a crime he did not commit, Terrence participated in an armed robbery with the attitude that he might as well commit the crime he had been accused of. Write a paper on the possibility of false imprisonment in the judicial system. Explain why it is possible and what makes it seem to happen so often.
Now that you have read the book, THERE ARE NO CHILDREN HERE, write a paper about what you now know about the lives of people living in poverty. Why is the gang culture so prevalent in slum areas and ghettos? Discuss whether your attitudes have been altered about people living in poverty.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)