|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lafeyette get Pahroah to agree to go?
(a) to visit Terrance in jail
(b) to watch cars at the stadium
(c) to a rock concert
(d) a nearby hot dog stand
2. Why does Lafeyette drop out of Providence-St. Mel?
(a) because he is ashamed of his clothes
(b) because the Horner boys make fun of him
(c) because he misses his public school friends
(d) because he finds the work too challenging
3. What does Pharoah admit is his greatest fear?
(a) dying young
(b) going down to the basement
(d) never seeing his family again
4. What is making Lafeyette nervous?
(a) his parole officer
(b) Pharoah's illness
(c) an upcoming court date
(d) pressure on him to join Rickey's gang
5. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
(a) some boys abducting a young girl
(b) some boys setting fire to a business
(c) some boys selling drugs on the street
(d) some boys attempting a murder
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
2. What does Lafeyette think about LaShawn?
3. What does LaJoe resolve to do for the younger children in the future?
4. What causes one boy in Rickey's gang to get shot accidentally in the arm?
5. Why does Vince Lane not start right away to clean up the basements?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
2. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
3. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
4. What does Rickey do that displeases LaJoe?
5. What is the unfortunate coincidence involving Craig Davis and the police?
6. What happens to Lafeyette and Pharoah in regard to their education?
7. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
8. What is the special fear of Pharoah?
9. Describe the conflict between Lafeyette and Paul over the puppy Rickey gave him.
10. How has Lafeyette's behavior changed since Craig's funeral?
This section contains 957 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)