|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which child did LaJoe take with her to Terrence's trial?
2. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
3. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
(a) some pink cotton candy
(b) two big bags of caramel and cheese popcorn
(c) hotdogs and French fries
(d) caramel apples on a stick
4. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
(a) a fire in the next building
(b) gang activity going on in the next building
(c) a riot in the streets
(d) a police raid in the neighborhood
5. At the Boys Club program, what is the response to the question, "Don't you live your country?"
(a) The crowd roars "no", drowning out Pharoah's quiet "yes."
(b) There is dead silence in the stands.
(c) Everyone stands and puts their hands over their hearts.
(d) The applause is deafening and Pharoah gets a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a hospital sends a patient to another hospital?
2. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
3. Why does LaJoe want to try and move away from Horner?
4. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
5. What has changed about Lafeyette?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
2. How has Lafeyette's behavior changed since Craig's funeral?
3. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
4. What hope is inspired in Pharoah as a result of his inclusion in the Upward Bound program at the University of Illinois?
5. What is it about public defender Anne Rhodes that Lafeyette does not understand?
6. Describe the shooting of Craig Davis.
7. Who is Vince Lane and what does he hope to accomplish?
8. Why do LaJoe and Lafeyette back off from trying to stop the beating of a man by some Horner gang members?
9. What happens at the hearing in spite of Anne Rhodes' telling the judge she does not think Lafeyette is guilty?
10. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
This section contains 990 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)