|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
(a) some pink cotton candy
(b) hotdogs and French fries
(c) two big bags of caramel and cheese popcorn
(d) caramel apples on a stick
2. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
(a) to the University of Illinois
(b) to summer camp
(c) to the Boys Club
(d) to a farm in the country
3. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
4. How is Craig killed?
(a) a gunshot to the head
(b) run over by a train
(c) an automobile crash
(d) a gangland execution
5. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
(a) a movie
(b) extra credit
(c) no homework
(d) a party
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
2. At the Boys Club program, what is the response to the question, "Don't you live your country?"
3. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
4. Under what condition will the truck owner drop the charges against the five boys?
5. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Lafeyette's nightmares like?
2. Why does LaJoe's mother move out and how do the boys feel about her moving?
3. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
4. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
5. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
6. Why do LaJoe and Lafeyette back off from trying to stop the beating of a man by some Horner gang members?
7. Who is Vince Lane and what does he hope to accomplish?
8. What happens to Lafeyette and Pharoah in regard to their education?
9. What is the special fear of Pharoah?
10. Describe the shooting of Craig Davis.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)