|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vince Lane not start right away to clean up the basements?
(a) He doesn't see it as a major problem.
(b) He needs federal government approval.
(c) There isn't enough funding available.
(d) The gangs issue death threats.
2. What position had LaJoe's mother held when LaJoe was a child?
(a) the precinct captain for the Democratic Party
(b) delegate to the Democratic National Convention
(c) County Clerk
(d) Voting registrar
3. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
(a) gang activity going on in the next building
(b) a police raid in the neighborhood
(c) a riot in the streets
(d) a fire in the next building
4. Where does Lafeyette get Pahroah to agree to go?
(a) to watch cars at the stadium
(b) a nearby hot dog stand
(c) to a rock concert
(d) to visit Terrance in jail
5. What can LaJoe not get a gang to stop doing near her house?
(a) beating a fourteen-year-old
(b) tormenting Pharoah
(c) throwing rockes at the windows
(d) writing grafitti on the walls
Short Answer Questions
1. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
2. What does Rickey call his new gang?
3. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
4. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
5. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)