|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
(b) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
(c) school pictures of her youngest children
(d) flowers given her by Pharoah
2. How does Craig Davis earn his living?
(a) as a stock boy for a stationery company
(b) as a teacher
(c) as a Boys Club counselor
(d) as a gun dealer
3. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
(a) the condition of the basement
(b) the dangerous electrical wiring
(c) the heat in the winter
(d) the number of murders
4. What does Lafeyette think about LaShawn?
(a) He thinks she has cancer.
(b) He suspects she is working with the police.
(c) He thinks she is pregnant again.
(d) He suspects she is taking drugs again.
5. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
(a) some boys setting fire to a business
(b) some boys attempting a murder
(c) some boys selling drugs on the street
(d) some boys abducting a young girl
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
2. What does Pharoah think is at the end of the rainbow?
3. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
4. Why does Vince Lane not start right away to clean up the basements?
5. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
2. Who is Vince Lane and what does he hope to accomplish?
3. How does LaJoe remember the day Terrence was sentenced since Terrence had requested that she not come to court that day?
4. What does Rickey do that displeases LaJoe?
5. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
6. What is it about public defender Anne Rhodes that Lafeyette does not understand?
7. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
8. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
9. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
10. What happens to Lafeyette and Pharoah in regard to their education?
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)