|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
2. What does Pharoah see that makes him stutter again?
(a) an elephant
(b) a police car
(c) a rainbow
(d) a murder
3. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in his only clean clothes
(b) in new jeans and a sweater
(c) in one of Terrence's suits
(d) in a deejay outfit
4. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
(a) The basements are sealed off.
(b) A few things do improve in the neighborhood.
(c) Everyone's rent goes up.
(d) He is fired for making waves.
5. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by playing cards to win money at night
(b) by using her benefit money
(c) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(d) by borrowing money from her mother
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
2. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
3. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
4. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
5. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does LaJoe remember the day Terrence was sentenced since Terrence had requested that she not come to court that day?
2. What hope is inspired in Pharoah as a result of his inclusion in the Upward Bound program at the University of Illinois?
3. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
4. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
5. What happens at the hearing in spite of Anne Rhodes' telling the judge she does not think Lafeyette is guilty?
6. What are the projects like in the winter?
7. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
8. What happens to Lafeyette and Pharoah in regard to their education?
9. What is it about public defender Anne Rhodes that Lafeyette does not understand?
10. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)