|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
(a) a broken arm
(b) a concussion
(c) a torn ligament
(d) a fractured ankle
2. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
(a) for his spelling bee
(b) for good luck on his exams
(c) to date Clarise
(d) to go to a funeral
3. What does Lafeyette think about LaShawn?
(a) He suspects she is working with the police.
(b) He thinks she is pregnant again.
(c) He suspects she is taking drugs again.
(d) He thinks she has cancer.
4. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
(b) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
(c) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(d) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
5. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
2. How is Craig killed?
3. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
4. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
5. What can LaJoe not get a gang to stop doing near her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the shooting of Craig Davis.
2. Why is Lafeyette put in charge of the children and what is his behavior like?
3. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
4. What are some of the improvements Vincent Lane is able to make in the projects?
5. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
6. Describe what Pharoah sees as the boys are eating their food outside the Main Street hot dog stand.
7. What is the unfortunate coincidence involving Craig Davis and the police?
8. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
9. How does Pharoah react to his visit to the courtroom?
10. What happens at the hearing in spite of Anne Rhodes' telling the judge she does not think Lafeyette is guilty?
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)