|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
(a) He misbehaved that afternoon.
(b) He is still very ill with a cough.
(c) She wants him to guard the house.
(d) She thinks he will feel too old to do that.
2. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
(a) He has been in and out of juvenile detention.
(b) He has been to visit his relatives in New York.
(c) He is hiding from the police.
(d) He only hangs out with older boys now.
3. Why does LaJoe want to try and move away from Horner?
(a) so that the children can go to a better school
(b) so Terrence won't have to return to Horner
(c) so the police cannot find Lafeyette
(d) so that she can find a job
4. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) flowers given her by Pharoah
(b) school pictures of her youngest children
(c) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
(d) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
5. Which child did LaJoe take with her to Terrence's trial?
Short Answer Questions
1. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
2. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
3. How does Lafeyette cope with his stress?
4. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
5. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
2. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
3. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
4. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
5. Describe the conflict between Lafeyette and Paul over the puppy Rickey gave him.
6. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
7. What is the unfortunate coincidence involving Craig Davis and the police?
8. What are Lafeyette's nightmares like?
9. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
10. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)