|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
(a) boys only thirteen- or fourteen-years-old
(b) drug runners
(c) boys all older than he is
(d) mostly girls in the projects
2. How does Craig Davis earn his living?
(a) as a teacher
(b) as a Boys Club counselor
(c) as a gun dealer
(d) as a stock boy for a stationery company
3. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
(a) panics and runs
(b) falls to the ground
(c) holds up his hands
(d) pulls out a gun
4. Why does LaJoe want to try and move away from Horner?
(a) so that she can find a job
(b) so that the children can go to a better school
(c) so Terrence won't have to return to Horner
(d) so the police cannot find Lafeyette
5. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
(a) allegedly breaking into a truck near the stadium
(b) allegedly snatching a woman's purse
(c) allegedly breaking and entering houses
(d) allegedly selling drugs
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroyed Paul's relationship with LaJoe and now with his children?
2. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
3. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
4. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
5. Why does Lafeyette dislike his public defender?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
2. How has Lafeyette's behavior changed since Craig's funeral?
3. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
4. What are the projects like in the winter?
5. How does LaJoe remember the day Terrence was sentenced since Terrence had requested that she not come to court that day?
6. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
7. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
8. What is the unfortunate coincidence involving Craig Davis and the police?
9. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
10. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)