|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lafeyette think about LaShawn?
(a) He thinks she is pregnant again.
(b) He thinks she has cancer.
(c) He suspects she is working with the police.
(d) He suspects she is taking drugs again.
2. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
(a) allegedly snatching a woman's purse
(b) allegedly breaking into a truck near the stadium
(c) allegedly selling drugs
(d) allegedly breaking and entering houses
3. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
(a) that a gang would come and and destroy the truck
(b) that the truck would be stolen if he didn't watch it
(c) that he would hate for anything to happen to his truck
(d) that the man would be sorry he turned him down
4. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like an old man
(b) like a ghost
(c) like a wild animal
(d) like his father
5. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
(a) for his spelling bee
(b) to date Clarise
(c) to go to a funeral
(d) for good luck on his exams
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad dream does Pharoah have after the sentencing of his older brother?
2. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
3. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
4. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
5. When does Lafeyette lose another friend who dies in a car accident during a police chase?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
2. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
3. How has Lafeyette's behavior changed since Craig's funeral?
4. Why does LaJoe's mother move out and how do the boys feel about her moving?
5. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
6. What is it about public defender Anne Rhodes that Lafeyette does not understand?
7. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
8. What is the unfortunate coincidence involving Craig Davis and the police?
9. What is the special fear of Pharoah?
10. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)