|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A year later, what does Craig Davis' mother decide to do?
(a) move to Alabama
(b) buy a gravestone for her son
(c) give her sons recordings to Lafeyette
(d) to file a lawsuit against the ATF
2. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
(a) enlarged police patrols in the area
(b) vigilante committees are formed
(c) building sweeps to try to get rid of the gangs
(d) rewards offered for turning in gang members
3. What has changed about Lafeyette?
(a) He has lost a great deal of weight.
(b) He refuses to care for the children.
(c) He no longer wears hats or earrings.
(d) He never smiles anymore.
4. Who threatens to bash LaJoe's head in because she ignores his flirtations?
(a) Keith, a man in his late forties
(b) Pharoah's new male teacher
(c) a policeman
(d) the man who collects the rent
5. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
(b) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
(c) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(d) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
Short Answer Questions
1. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
2. What position had LaJoe's mother held when LaJoe was a child?
3. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
4. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
5. How does Craig Davis earn his living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
2. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
3. What improvements are made to the apartment in the summer of 1989?
4. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
5. What is the special fear of Pharoah?
6. What hope is inspired in Pharoah as a result of his inclusion in the Upward Bound program at the University of Illinois?
7. What happens at the hearing in spite of Anne Rhodes' telling the judge she does not think Lafeyette is guilty?
8. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
9. Describe the shooting of Craig Davis.
10. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)