|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the projects stifling hot?
(a) in the summer
(b) at midnight
(c) at night
(d) in the winter
2. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) the Playboy Club
(b) the Chicago Mafia
(c) Mayor Daly
(d) a family of drug runners
3. When did Lafeyette start imagining about having a dog of his own?
(a) hanging around with Bird Leg
(b) when tough Luck came with a gun
(c) after Craig was killed
(d) when a gang jumped him outside
4. Who do they meet on the way and invite to join them?
5. What are they all talking abut when Pharoah runs home to tell about his win?
(a) about Craig's death
(b) about the plumbing
(c) about the weather
(d) about Leila Mae's accident
Short Answer Questions
1. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
2. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
3. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
4. Why does Vince Lane not start right away to clean up the basements?
5. What is making Lafeyette nervous?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the conflict between Lafeyette and Paul over the puppy Rickey gave him.
2. What happens at the hearing in spite of Anne Rhodes' telling the judge she does not think Lafeyette is guilty?
3. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
4. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
5. What does Rickey do that displeases LaJoe?
6. Why do LaJoe and Lafeyette back off from trying to stop the beating of a man by some Horner gang members?
7. How does Pharoah react to his visit to the courtroom?
8. What are Lafeyette's nightmares like?
9. How does LaJoe remember the day Terrence was sentenced since Terrence had requested that she not come to court that day?
10. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)