|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed Paul's relationship with LaJoe and now with his children?
2. What can LaJoe not get a gang to stop doing near her house?
(a) tormenting Pharoah
(b) writing grafitti on the walls
(c) beating a fourteen-year-old
(d) throwing rockes at the windows
3. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
4. What are some of the problems at the Chicago Housing Authority?
(a) terrible reputation and mismanagement issues
(b) lack of finitiative and no organization
(c) bureaucratic red tape
(d) racial prejudice and police brutality
5. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
(a) human-headed cats
(b) evil spirits
(c) poisonous snakes
(d) vampire bats
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lafeyette dislike his public defender?
2. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
3. What is Lafeyette's sentence?
4. Which child did LaJoe take with her to Terrence's trial?
5. Under what condition will the truck owner drop the charges against the five boys?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Pharoah stay up all night on December 30th?
2. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
3. Describe what Pharoah sees as the boys are eating their food outside the Main Street hot dog stand.
4. Why is Lafeyette put in charge of the children and what is his behavior like?
5. Describe the conflict between Lafeyette and Paul over the puppy Rickey gave him.
6. Describe Lafeyette's brush with the law that gets him arrested.
7. Why do LaJoe and Lafeyette back off from trying to stop the beating of a man by some Horner gang members?
8. What does Rickey do that displeases LaJoe?
9. How does the judge make LaJoe feel after Lafeyette's hearing?
10. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)