|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do they meet on the way and invite to join them?
2. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(b) by borrowing money from her mother
(c) by using her benefit money
(d) by playing cards to win money at night
3. Why does Lafeyette want to fight his father?
(a) He sees his father strike LaJoe.
(b) He thinks his father sold his puppy for drugs.
(c) He catches his father stealing LaJoe's savings.
(d) He wants his father to teach him how to win a fight.
4. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) teachers at Pharoah's school
(b) two white police officers
(c) gun dealers
(d) drug enforcement officers
5. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
2. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
3. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
4. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
5. In May of 1989, who holds a meeting with the Henry Horner tenants association?
Short Essay Questions
1. What improvements are made to the apartment in the summer of 1989?
2. Describe what Pharoah sees as the boys are eating their food outside the Main Street hot dog stand.
3. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
4. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
5. Why do LaJoe and Lafeyette back off from trying to stop the beating of a man by some Horner gang members?
6. How does Pharoah react to his visit to the courtroom?
7. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
8. Who is Vince Lane and what does he hope to accomplish?
9. Why does LaJoe's mother move out and how do the boys feel about her moving?
10. What does Gwen Anderson tell the CHA about the basement?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)