|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What destroyed Paul's relationship with LaJoe and now with his children?
2. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
(a) Cook County Jail
(b) Mount Sinai Hospital
(c) Chicago General
(d) Hormer Homes
3. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
(a) to a farm in the country
(b) to the University of Illinois
(c) to summer camp
(d) to the Boys Club
4. How does Lafeyette cope with his stress?
(b) sitting on the railroad tracks
(c) bullying his siblings
5. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
(a) ten dollars each
(b) two pit bull puppies
(c) two Persian cats
(d) new shoes
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
2. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
3. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
4. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
5. Who is presiding over Terrence's trial for armed robbery?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Pharoah and Porkchop go to visit Dawn, what is her condition?
2. Describe Lafeyette's frame of mind at Craig's funeral.
3. Why does Terrence agree to participate in an armed robbery?
4. How does Pharoah prepare for the next spelling bee?
5. What hope is inspired in Pharoah as a result of his inclusion in the Upward Bound program at the University of Illinois?
6. Why does LaJoe's mother move out and how do the boys feel about her moving?
7. How does Pharoah react to his visit to the courtroom?
8. What improvements are made to the apartment in the summer of 1989?
9. What are the projects like in the winter?
10. How do Pharoah and Lafeyette happen to run into Rickey on their way for a treat?
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)