|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rickey call his new gang?
(a) the Avengers
(b) the Railroad Snakes
(c) the Horner Hornets
(d) the Four Corner Hustlers
2. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
3. What does Lafeyette think about LaShawn?
(a) He thinks she has cancer.
(b) He thinks she is pregnant again.
(c) He suspects she is taking drugs again.
(d) He suspects she is working with the police.
4. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
(a) learned to read and write
(b) become a professional wrestler
(c) learned a new trade
(d) earned a high school equivalency
5. When LaJoe tells Weasel, her oldest son, what the man did to her, what does Weasel do?
(a) He takes a gun and shoots Keith.
(b) He calls the police.
(c) He gets his gang to beat up Keith.
(d) He finds Keith and beats him up.
6. Where do Lafeyette and Pharoah get accepted?
(a) in a private parochial school named Providence-St. Mel
(b) as members of the Boy Scouts
(c) into the Zion Baptist church choir
(d) in a University of Illinois pilot program
7. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
(a) a green shorts set
(b) a white jogging suit
(c) a new blue suit
(d) a new Blackhawks jacket
8. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by borrowing money from her mother
(b) by using her benefit money
(c) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(d) by playing cards to win money at night
9. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
(a) to testify in a court case
(b) to identify an accused murderer
(c) to appeal for Terrence's release
(d) for Lafeyette's court hearing
10. What does Pharoah decide to clean to get out of Lafeyette's way?
(a) the stove
(b) the bathrooms
(c) the windows
(d) the hallway
11. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
(a) drug runners
(b) boys only thirteen- or fourteen-years-old
(c) boys all older than he is
(d) mostly girls in the projects
12. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(b) He did not stutter during the contest.
(c) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
(d) LaJoe was there to see him.
13. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) Mayor Daly
(b) the Playboy Club
(c) the Chicago Mafia
(d) a family of drug runners
14. When does Lafeyette lose another friend who dies in a car accident during a police chase?
(a) a month later that same spring
(b) a week after Craig's funeral
(c) the same day Craig is shot
(d) two days after Craig's funeral
15. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
(a) new shoes
(b) two pit bull puppies
(c) ten dollars each
(d) two Persian cats
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
2. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
3. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
4. What is making Lafeyette nervous?
5. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)