|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
(a) building sweeps to try to get rid of the gangs
(b) enlarged police patrols in the area
(c) vigilante committees are formed
(d) rewards offered for turning in gang members
2. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
(a) a white jogging suit
(b) a green shorts set
(c) a new Blackhawks jacket
(d) a new blue suit
3. Terrence commit the crime of ______________ and faces a ten year sentence.
(a) driving under the influence
(b) armed burglary
(d) attempted murder
4. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
(a) boys only thirteen- or fourteen-years-old
(b) drug runners
(c) boys all older than he is
(d) mostly girls in the projects
5. What causes Gwen Anderson to vomit in the basement?
(a) the dead body of a baby
(b) the smell of rotting animal carcasses and feces
(c) a child tied up and kept down there
(d) the leakage from the sewer system
6. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
(a) He was an undercover police officer.
(b) He was trying to sell drugs to young children.
(c) He was molesting one of the boys' cousins in a vacant apartment.
(d) They were trying to rob him.
7. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(b) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
(c) LaJoe was there to see him.
(d) He did not stutter during the contest.
8. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) a family of drug runners
(b) the Playboy Club
(c) Mayor Daly
(d) the Chicago Mafia
9. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
(a) to date Clarise
(b) for his spelling bee
(c) to go to a funeral
(d) for good luck on his exams
10. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
(a) His heair is all shaved off.
(b) His hair had started turning gray.
(c) He looked older and scared.
(d) He had been lifting weights and is now very muscular.
11. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) drug enforcement officers
(b) two white police officers
(c) gun dealers
(d) teachers at Pharoah's school
12. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
(a) holds up his hands
(b) pulls out a gun
(c) panics and runs
(d) falls to the ground
13. Where do Lafeyette and Pharoah get accepted?
(a) as members of the Boy Scouts
(b) into the Zion Baptist church choir
(c) in a private parochial school named Providence-St. Mel
(d) in a University of Illinois pilot program
14. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
15. Why does Lafeyette develop a terrible cough?
(a) Because the policeman threw him in a puddle.
(b) He stays out all night in the winter.
(c) He catches it from Rickey.
(d) The open windows let in a cold winter draft.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do they meet on the way and invite to join them?
2. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
3. What can LaJoe not get a gang to stop doing near her house?
4. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
5. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)