|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
(b) flowers given her by Pharoah
(c) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
(d) school pictures of her youngest children
2. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
(a) He is hiding from the police.
(b) He has been to visit his relatives in New York.
(c) He only hangs out with older boys now.
(d) He has been in and out of juvenile detention.
3. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
(a) become a professional wrestler
(b) earned a high school equivalency
(c) learned to read and write
(d) learned a new trade
4. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
(a) mostly girls in the projects
(b) boys only thirteen- or fourteen-years-old
(c) drug runners
(d) boys all older than he is
5. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) the Playboy Club
(b) Mayor Daly
(c) the Chicago Mafia
(d) a family of drug runners
6. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) drug enforcement officers
(b) two white police officers
(c) teachers at Pharoah's school
(d) gun dealers
7. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
(a) new shoes
(b) two Persian cats
(c) ten dollars each
(d) two pit bull puppies
8. What bad dream does Pharoah have after the sentencing of his older brother?
(a) Terrence falls from a cliff.
(b) Terrence is swimming in the middle of the ocean;
(c) Terrence is carried away by a vulture.
(d) Terrence confronts a monster that is chasing him.
9. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
10. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
(a) They don't like the truck owner.
(b) They can't afford it.
(c) They know the boys are innocent.
(d) They don't understand the offer.
11. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by playing cards to win money at night
(b) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(c) by using her benefit money
(d) by borrowing money from her mother
12. Where do Lafeyette and Pharoah get accepted?
(a) in a private parochial school named Providence-St. Mel
(b) into the Zion Baptist church choir
(c) as members of the Boy Scouts
(d) in a University of Illinois pilot program
13. Terrence commit the crime of ______________ and faces a ten year sentence.
(b) driving under the influence
(c) armed burglary
(d) attempted murder
14. A year later, what does Craig Davis' mother decide to do?
(a) move to Alabama
(b) buy a gravestone for her son
(c) to file a lawsuit against the ATF
(d) give her sons recordings to Lafeyette
15. Under what condition will the truck owner drop the charges against the five boys?
(a) if they work for him free for one month
(b) if they agree to go to counseling
(c) if each family pays $100 restitution
(d) if they sincerely apologize
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it called when a hospital sends a patient to another hospital?
2. Who is Clarise?
3. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
4. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
5. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)