|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
(a) a new Blackhawks jacket
(b) a green shorts set
(c) a new blue suit
(d) a white jogging suit
2. What is happening outside when Lafeyette doesn't move off the couch and continues to calmly watch television?
(b) a fire
(c) a hail storm
(d) a police raid
3. Who is Clarise?
(a) Rickey's bad sister
(b) LaJoe's cousin
(c) the smartest girl in Pharoah's class
(d) Pharoah's new girlfriend
4. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(b) by playing cards to win money at night
(c) by borrowing money from her mother
(d) by using her benefit money
5. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
(a) mostly girls in the projects
(b) drug runners
(c) boys only thirteen- or fourteen-years-old
(d) boys all older than he is
6. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
(a) that he would hate for anything to happen to his truck
(b) that the man would be sorry he turned him down
(c) that a gang would come and and destroy the truck
(d) that the truck would be stolen if he didn't watch it
7. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
(a) a riot in the streets
(b) a fire in the next building
(c) a police raid in the neighborhood
(d) gang activity going on in the next building
8. Why does Lafeyette drop out of Providence-St. Mel?
(a) because he is ashamed of his clothes
(b) because the Horner boys make fun of him
(c) because he misses his public school friends
(d) because he finds the work too challenging
9. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in his only clean clothes
(b) in new jeans and a sweater
(c) in one of Terrence's suits
(d) in a deejay outfit
10. What does Pharoah think is at the end of the rainbow?
(a) a new place to live
(b) gold or leprechauns
(c) a wonderland
(d) a doorway to the future
11. Where does Lafeyette get Pahroah to agree to go?
(a) a nearby hot dog stand
(b) to watch cars at the stadium
(c) to visit Terrance in jail
(d) to a rock concert
12. What does Pharoah decide to clean to get out of Lafeyette's way?
(a) the stove
(b) the windows
(c) the hallway
(d) the bathrooms
13. What does Pharoah see that makes him stutter again?
(a) a police car
(b) an elephant
(c) a rainbow
(d) a murder
14. Why does Lafeyette want to fight his father?
(a) He sees his father strike LaJoe.
(b) He catches his father stealing LaJoe's savings.
(c) He wants his father to teach him how to win a fight.
(d) He thinks his father sold his puppy for drugs.
15. What is Lafeyette's sentence?
(a) six months in the detention center
(b) a $500 fine and community service
(c) a year's probation and community service at the Boys Club
(d) two years probation
Short Answer Questions
1. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
2. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
3. What does Pharoah admit is his greatest fear?
4. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
5. Who wants to believe in magical things and be able to dream and imagine?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)