|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does LaJoe see to it that the children have a good Christmas?
(a) by playing cards to win money at night
(b) by putting gifts on layaway for months
(c) by using her benefit money
(d) by borrowing money from her mother
2. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
(a) They were trying to rob him.
(b) He was an undercover police officer.
(c) He was trying to sell drugs to young children.
(d) He was molesting one of the boys' cousins in a vacant apartment.
3. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
(a) to summer camp
(b) to the Boys Club
(c) to the University of Illinois
(d) to a farm in the country
4. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in his only clean clothes
(b) in one of Terrence's suits
(c) in new jeans and a sweater
(d) in a deejay outfit
5. What are some of the problems at the Chicago Housing Authority?
(a) terrible reputation and mismanagement issues
(b) bureaucratic red tape
(c) racial prejudice and police brutality
(d) lack of finitiative and no organization
6. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
(a) a fractured ankle
(b) a broken arm
(c) a torn ligament
(d) a concussion
7. Why does Lafeyette drop out of Providence-St. Mel?
(a) because he misses his public school friends
(b) because he finds the work too challenging
(c) because the Horner boys make fun of him
(d) because he is ashamed of his clothes
8. What is Lafeyette's sentence?
(a) two years probation
(b) a year's probation and community service at the Boys Club
(c) a $500 fine and community service
(d) six months in the detention center
9. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
(a) He had been lifting weights and is now very muscular.
(b) His hair had started turning gray.
(c) He looked older and scared.
(d) His heair is all shaved off.
10. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
11. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
(a) extra credit
(b) a movie
(c) no homework
(d) a party
12. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like his father
(b) like a wild animal
(c) like an old man
(d) like a ghost
13. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
(a) human-headed cats
(b) vampire bats
(c) poisonous snakes
(d) evil spirits
14. Why does Lafeyette develop a terrible cough?
(a) He catches it from Rickey.
(b) The open windows let in a cold winter draft.
(c) He stays out all night in the winter.
(d) Because the policeman threw him in a puddle.
15. A year later, what does Craig Davis' mother decide to do?
(a) to file a lawsuit against the ATF
(b) give her sons recordings to Lafeyette
(c) buy a gravestone for her son
(d) move to Alabama
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lafeyette start imagining about having a dog of his own?
2. What does Pharoah decide to clean to get out of Lafeyette's way?
3. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
4. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
5. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)