|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like a ghost
(b) like his father
(c) like an old man
(d) like a wild animal
2. What bad dream does Pharoah have after the sentencing of his older brother?
(a) Terrence is swimming in the middle of the ocean;
(b) Terrence falls from a cliff.
(c) Terrence confronts a monster that is chasing him.
(d) Terrence is carried away by a vulture.
3. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) on their way to pick up the stereo equipment
(b) on the way to downtown Chicago
(c) on the way to make a drug drop
(d) on the way to a Blackhawk game
4. In May of 1989, who holds a meeting with the Henry Horner tenants association?
(a) Vincent Lane
(b) James Howard
(c) Dawn Adams
(d) Craig Davis
5. How does Lafeyette cope with his stress?
(a) bullying his siblings
(b) sitting on the railroad tracks
6. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) Rickey and Lafeyette
(b) Tough Luck and Willie
(c) Terrance and Rochell
(d) The triplets and grandmother
7. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
(a) a broken arm
(b) a concussion
(c) a fractured ankle
(d) a torn ligament
8. What causes Gwen Anderson to vomit in the basement?
(a) the leakage from the sewer system
(b) the smell of rotting animal carcasses and feces
(c) a child tied up and kept down there
(d) the dead body of a baby
9. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
(a) falls to the ground
(b) holds up his hands
(c) panics and runs
(d) pulls out a gun
10. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
(a) caramel apples on a stick
(b) hotdogs and French fries
(c) some pink cotton candy
(d) two big bags of caramel and cheese popcorn
11. Why does Lafeyette want to fight his father?
(a) He thinks his father sold his puppy for drugs.
(b) He sees his father strike LaJoe.
(c) He wants his father to teach him how to win a fight.
(d) He catches his father stealing LaJoe's savings.
12. Terrence commit the crime of ______________ and faces a ten year sentence.
(b) armed burglary
(c) driving under the influence
(d) attempted murder
13. What does Pharoah warn his friends about in the basement?
(a) poisonous snakes
(b) vampire bats
(c) evil spirits
(d) human-headed cats
14. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(b) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
(c) He did not stutter during the contest.
(d) LaJoe was there to see him.
15. Why does Lafeyette dislike his public defender?
(a) He never looks at Lafeyette.
(b) She is tall and intimidating.
(c) He looks like Mr. Graves.
(d) She has no time to listen to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
2. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
3. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
4. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
5. What are some of the problems at the Chicago Housing Authority?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)