|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) drug enforcement officers
(b) teachers at Pharoah's school
(c) two white police officers
(d) gun dealers
2. Why does Lafeyette dislike his public defender?
(a) He never looks at Lafeyette.
(b) He looks like Mr. Graves.
(c) She is tall and intimidating.
(d) She has no time to listen to him.
3. What does Craig do when he sees some police officers?
(a) falls to the ground
(b) panics and runs
(c) holds up his hands
(d) pulls out a gun
4. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in his only clean clothes
(b) in one of Terrence's suits
(c) in new jeans and a sweater
(d) in a deejay outfit
5. What bad dream does Pharoah have after the sentencing of his older brother?
(a) Terrence confronts a monster that is chasing him.
(b) Terrence is carried away by a vulture.
(c) Terrence falls from a cliff.
(d) Terrence is swimming in the middle of the ocean;
6. What is it called when a hospital sends a patient to another hospital?
(a) outpatient care
(b) patient dumping
(c) ambulance running
(d) reference managing
7. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) The triplets and grandmother
(b) Rickey and Lafeyette
(c) Terrance and Rochell
(d) Tough Luck and Willie
8. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
(a) caramel apples on a stick
(b) two big bags of caramel and cheese popcorn
(c) hotdogs and French fries
(d) some pink cotton candy
9. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
(a) Terrance is coming home
(b) just to brighten up their lives
(c) a surprise birthday party for Pharoah
(d) for Christmas
10. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
(a) some boys attempting a murder
(b) some boys abducting a young girl
(c) some boys setting fire to a business
(d) some boys selling drugs on the street
11. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
(a) He was an undercover police officer.
(b) They were trying to rob him.
(c) He was molesting one of the boys' cousins in a vacant apartment.
(d) He was trying to sell drugs to young children.
12. What causes one boy in Rickey's gang to get shot accidentally in the arm?
(a) They are playing Russian roulette.
(b) They think the gun is not loaded.
(c) Rickey stumbles and the gun goes off accidentally.
(d) They are high on marijuana.
13. How is Craig killed?
(a) an automobile crash
(b) a gangland execution
(c) a gunshot to the head
(d) run over by a train
14. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) a family of drug runners
(b) the Chicago Mafia
(c) the Playboy Club
(d) Mayor Daly
15. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
(a) to appeal for Terrence's release
(b) to identify an accused murderer
(c) for Lafeyette's court hearing
(d) to testify in a court case
Short Answer Questions
1. What can LaJoe not get a gang to stop doing near her house?
2. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
3. What is making Lafeyette nervous?
4. What is LaJoe able at last to make?
5. What position had LaJoe's mother held when LaJoe was a child?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)