|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
(a) She wants him to guard the house.
(b) He misbehaved that afternoon.
(c) She thinks he will feel too old to do that.
(d) He is still very ill with a cough.
2. What is happening outside when Lafeyette doesn't move off the couch and continues to calmly watch television?
(a) a fire
(c) a hail storm
(d) a police raid
3. What has changed about Lafeyette?
(a) He refuses to care for the children.
(b) He has lost a great deal of weight.
(c) He never smiles anymore.
(d) He no longer wears hats or earrings.
4. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
(a) for Christmas
(b) Terrance is coming home
(c) just to brighten up their lives
(d) a surprise birthday party for Pharoah
5. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
(b) school pictures of her youngest children
(c) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
(d) flowers given her by Pharoah
6. What does Pharoah decide to clean to get out of Lafeyette's way?
(a) the windows
(b) the stove
(c) the hallway
(d) the bathrooms
7. What causes Gwen Anderson to vomit in the basement?
(a) the smell of rotting animal carcasses and feces
(b) a child tied up and kept down there
(c) the dead body of a baby
(d) the leakage from the sewer system
8. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
(a) a new Blackhawks jacket
(b) a green shorts set
(c) a white jogging suit
(d) a new blue suit
9. What is Lafeyette's sentence?
(a) six months in the detention center
(b) a year's probation and community service at the Boys Club
(c) a $500 fine and community service
(d) two years probation
10. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
(a) He is fired for making waves.
(b) The basements are sealed off.
(c) Everyone's rent goes up.
(d) A few things do improve in the neighborhood.
11. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
(a) earned a high school equivalency
(b) learned a new trade
(c) learned to read and write
(d) become a professional wrestler
12. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
(a) allegedly snatching a woman's purse
(b) allegedly breaking and entering houses
(c) allegedly breaking into a truck near the stadium
(d) allegedly selling drugs
13. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
(a) He was trying to sell drugs to young children.
(b) He was molesting one of the boys' cousins in a vacant apartment.
(c) They were trying to rob him.
(d) He was an undercover police officer.
14. What does Pharoah think is at the end of the rainbow?
(a) a wonderland
(b) a new place to live
(c) a doorway to the future
(d) gold or leprechauns
15. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
(a) Cook County Jail
(b) Mount Sinai Hospital
(c) Chicago General
(d) Hormer Homes
Short Answer Questions
1. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
2. What begins to happen to try and reduce the violence in the projects?
3. Terrence commit the crime of ______________ and faces a ten year sentence.
4. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
5. At the Boys Club program, what is the response to the question, "Don't you live your country?"
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)