|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
(a) a hail storm
(b) a tornado
(c) a heatwave
(d) a late snow
2. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(b) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
(c) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
(d) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
3. What does Pharoah think is at the end of the rainbow?
(a) gold or leprechauns
(b) a new place to live
(c) a wonderland
(d) a doorway to the future
4. Why does Lafeyette develop a terrible cough?
(a) The open windows let in a cold winter draft.
(b) Because the policeman threw him in a puddle.
(c) He stays out all night in the winter.
(d) He catches it from Rickey.
5. Why is Pharoah worried that even if he achieves a high school diploma, he will not be able to get out of the projects?
(a) Dawn has been unable to escape.
(b) There will only be poor jobs available for blacks.
(c) His brother in prison will alarm people.
(d) Everyone will think he forged the diploma.
6. Who do they meet on the way and invite to join them?
7. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in new jeans and a sweater
(b) in his only clean clothes
(c) in a deejay outfit
(d) in one of Terrence's suits
8. What was the result of Lafeyette's fall down some stairs?
(a) a fractured ankle
(b) a torn ligament
(c) a broken arm
(d) a concussion
9. What is happening outside when Lafeyette doesn't move off the couch and continues to calmly watch television?
(a) a police raid
(c) a fire
(d) a hail storm
10. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
(a) to date Clarise
(b) for good luck on his exams
(c) to go to a funeral
(d) for his spelling bee
11. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
(a) learned a new trade
(b) become a professional wrestler
(c) earned a high school equivalency
(d) learned to read and write
12. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
(a) He is fired for making waves.
(b) Everyone's rent goes up.
(c) The basements are sealed off.
(d) A few things do improve in the neighborhood.
13. Why do LaJoe and Rochelle decorate the apartment?
(a) Terrance is coming home
(b) for Christmas
(c) just to brighten up their lives
(d) a surprise birthday party for Pharoah
14. Why does LaJoe want to try and move away from Horner?
(a) so that the children can go to a better school
(b) so the police cannot find Lafeyette
(c) so that she can find a job
(d) so Terrence won't have to return to Horner
15. What destroyed Paul's relationship with LaJoe and now with his children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
2. A year later, what does Craig Davis' mother decide to do?
3. What causes one boy in Rickey's gang to get shot accidentally in the arm?
4. What has changed about Lafeyette?
5. When did Lafeyette start imagining about having a dog of his own?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)