|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
(a) Gwen Anderson
(b) John Daly
(c) LaJoe Rivers
(d) Mr. Rogers
2. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(b) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
(c) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
(d) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
3. Who owns the luxury home with a marble staircase, sunken tub and Jacuzzi?
(a) Mayor Daly
(b) a family of drug runners
(c) the Playboy Club
(d) the Chicago Mafia
4. When does Lafeyette lose another friend who dies in a car accident during a police chase?
(a) two days after Craig's funeral
(b) the same day Craig is shot
(c) a week after Craig's funeral
(d) a month later that same spring
5. What are they all talking abut when Pharoah runs home to tell about his win?
(a) about Leila Mae's accident
(b) about the plumbing
(c) about Craig's death
(d) about the weather
6. How does Lafeyette dress for Craig's funeral?
(a) in one of Terrence's suits
(b) in new jeans and a sweater
(c) in a deejay outfit
(d) in his only clean clothes
7. Where does Lafeyette get Pahroah to agree to go?
(a) to visit Terrance in jail
(b) a nearby hot dog stand
(c) to a rock concert
(d) to watch cars at the stadium
8. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like a wild animal
(b) like a ghost
(c) like his father
(d) like an old man
9. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
(a) to appeal for Terrence's release
(b) for Lafeyette's court hearing
(c) to testify in a court case
(d) to identify an accused murderer
10. What does LaJoe pin on her sweatshirt and wear for the rest of the day?
(a) school pictures of her youngest children
(b) a medal Pharoah won in an essay contest
(c) flowers given her by Pharoah
(d) Pharoah's and the triplets' school ribbons
11. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
(a) for good luck on his exams
(b) to go to a funeral
(c) to date Clarise
(d) for his spelling bee
12. What is it that Vince Lane does not know until the Horner residents inform him?
(a) the heat in the winter
(b) the dangerous electrical wiring
(c) the condition of the basement
(d) the number of murders
13. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
(a) He has been in and out of juvenile detention.
(b) He is hiding from the police.
(c) He only hangs out with older boys now.
(d) He has been to visit his relatives in New York.
14. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
(a) caramel apples on a stick
(b) two big bags of caramel and cheese popcorn
(c) some pink cotton candy
(d) hotdogs and French fries
15. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
(a) two pit bull puppies
(b) ten dollars each
(c) new shoes
(d) two Persian cats
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Lafeyette start imagining about having a dog of his own?
2. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
3. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
4. Why is Lafeyette arrested?
5. What is making Lafeyette nervous?
This section contains 609 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)