|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
(a) two pit bull puppies
(b) two Persian cats
(c) ten dollars each
(d) new shoes
2. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) on the way to make a drug drop
(b) on their way to pick up the stereo equipment
(c) on the way to downtown Chicago
(d) on the way to a Blackhawk game
3. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
(a) to a farm in the country
(b) to summer camp
(c) to the Boys Club
(d) to the University of Illinois
4. What has Terrence accomplished in prison?
(a) learned a new trade
(b) become a professional wrestler
(c) learned to read and write
(d) earned a high school equivalency
5. Where does Lafeyette get Pahroah to agree to go?
(a) a nearby hot dog stand
(b) to a rock concert
(c) to visit Terrance in jail
(d) to watch cars at the stadium
6. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
(a) LaJoe Rivers
(b) Gwen Anderson
(c) Mr. Rogers
(d) John Daly
7. What does LaJoe resolve to do for the younger children in the future?
(a) to get them all new shoes
(b) to send them to live with her mother
(c) to take them on trips more often
(d) to keep a closer eye on them
8. Who wants to believe in magical things and be able to dream and imagine?
9. What does Pharoah think is at the end of the rainbow?
(a) a new place to live
(b) a wonderland
(c) a doorway to the future
(d) gold or leprechauns
10. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) drug enforcement officers
(b) two white police officers
(c) gun dealers
(d) teachers at Pharoah's school
11. What is LaJoe able at last to make?
(a) macrame wall decorations
(b) a party for Dawn
(c) a chocolate cake
(d) the last payment on used bunk beds for the children
12. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
(a) that he would hate for anything to happen to his truck
(b) that a gang would come and and destroy the truck
(c) that the man would be sorry he turned him down
(d) that the truck would be stolen if he didn't watch it
13. What destroyed Paul's relationship with LaJoe and now with his children?
14. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
(a) a fire in the next building
(b) gang activity going on in the next building
(c) a riot in the streets
(d) a police raid in the neighborhood
15. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
(b) LaJoe was there to see him.
(c) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(d) He did not stutter during the contest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
2. What does Pharoah put on and spend thirty minutes grooming himself before the party?
3. Who threatens to bash LaJoe's head in because she ignores his flirtations?
4. What has changed about Lafeyette?
5. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)