|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
(a) a tornado
(b) a heatwave
(c) a late snow
(d) a hail storm
2. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like a wild animal
(b) like his father
(c) like a ghost
(d) like an old man
3. Who is presiding over Terrence's trial for armed robbery?
(a) Judge Roy Bean
(b) Judge Mahan
(c) Judge Judy
(d) Judge Dread
4. What does Pharoah decide to clean to get out of Lafeyette's way?
(a) the windows
(b) the stove
(c) the hallway
(d) the bathrooms
5. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
(a) some boys abducting a young girl
(b) some boys setting fire to a business
(c) some boys attempting a murder
(d) some boys selling drugs on the street
6. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
7. Where is Pharoah going during the summer of 1989?
(a) to the Boys Club
(b) to summer camp
(c) to a farm in the country
(d) to the University of Illinois
8. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) gun dealers
(b) two white police officers
(c) teachers at Pharoah's school
(d) drug enforcement officers
9. Who threatens to bash LaJoe's head in because she ignores his flirtations?
(a) the man who collects the rent
(b) Keith, a man in his late forties
(c) a policeman
(d) Pharoah's new male teacher
10. What is it called when a hospital sends a patient to another hospital?
(a) patient dumping
(b) reference managing
(c) ambulance running
(d) outpatient care
11. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
(a) Gwen Anderson
(b) LaJoe Rivers
(c) Mr. Rogers
(d) John Daly
12. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
(a) He looked older and scared.
(b) His heair is all shaved off.
(c) His hair had started turning gray.
(d) He had been lifting weights and is now very muscular.
13. What incriminating thing had Derrick said to the truck owner at the stadium?
(a) that the truck would be stolen if he didn't watch it
(b) that a gang would come and and destroy the truck
(c) that he would hate for anything to happen to his truck
(d) that the man would be sorry he turned him down
14. What are some of the problems at the Chicago Housing Authority?
(a) racial prejudice and police brutality
(b) lack of finitiative and no organization
(c) terrible reputation and mismanagement issues
(d) bureaucratic red tape
15. Where is Craig taken and eventually pronounced dead?
(a) Chicago General
(b) Mount Sinai Hospital
(c) Cook County Jail
(d) Hormer Homes
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
2. Who wants to believe in magical things and be able to dream and imagine?
3. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
4. What does Weasel give Lafeyette and Pharoah?
5. In May of 1989, who holds a meeting with the Henry Horner tenants association?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)