|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) gun dealers
(b) drug enforcement officers
(c) two white police officers
(d) teachers at Pharoah's school
2. Who buys Pharoah a hot dog at the Boys Club?
3. Why do they rarely see Rickey anymore?
(a) He only hangs out with older boys now.
(b) He has been in and out of juvenile detention.
(c) He is hiding from the police.
(d) He has been to visit his relatives in New York.
4. How does Lafeyette cope with his stress?
(c) sitting on the railroad tracks
(d) bullying his siblings
5. What is Lafeyette's sentence?
(a) six months in the detention center
(b) two years probation
(c) a $500 fine and community service
(d) a year's probation and community service at the Boys Club
6. After placing second behind Clarise, what really makes Pharoah happy?
(a) He did not stutter during the contest.
(b) He has a blue ribbon to take home.
(c) LaJoe was there to see him.
(d) Lafeyette buys him an ice cream cone.
7. What is the rumor going around the projects?
(a) that the tenants will be charged for all the damage to the place
(b) that the rents will all go up when they clean it up
(c) that they will all be evicted so the place can be rebuilt
(d) that the city plans to tear the buildings down for a new stadium
8. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
(a) a party
(b) a movie
(c) no homework
(d) extra credit
9. What are the results of Vance Lane's efforts at CHA?
(a) A few things do improve in the neighborhood.
(b) He is fired for making waves.
(c) Everyone's rent goes up.
(d) The basements are sealed off.
10. When did Lafeyette start imagining about having a dog of his own?
(a) hanging around with Bird Leg
(b) after Craig was killed
(c) when tough Luck came with a gun
(d) when a gang jumped him outside
11. Why do the families of the boys refuse to pay damages for the truck?
(a) They don't understand the offer.
(b) They can't afford it.
(c) They don't like the truck owner.
(d) They know the boys are innocent.
12. How does Craig Davis earn his living?
(a) as a stock boy for a stationery company
(b) as a teacher
(c) as a Boys Club counselor
(d) as a gun dealer
13. Where are Craig and his friends going when he comes across Francis Higgins and Richard Marianos?
(a) on the way to make a drug drop
(b) on the way to downtown Chicago
(c) on their way to pick up the stereo equipment
(d) on the way to a Blackhawk game
14. During the party, what does Dawn come running in to warn about?
(a) gang activity going on in the next building
(b) a police raid in the neighborhood
(c) a riot in the streets
(d) a fire in the next building
15. Who is presiding over Terrence's trial for armed robbery?
(a) Judge Dread
(b) Judge Mahan
(c) Judge Judy
(d) Judge Roy Bean
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Lafeyette dislike his public defender?
2. What is different about Terrence's appearance at the trial?
3. Why does Pharoah dress up one spring morning?
4. What is Pharoah's latest interest?
5. A year later, what does Craig Davis' mother decide to do?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)