|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With everyone moved back into the apartment, how many does LaJoe now have to feed?
(a) four adults and six children
(b) thirteen adults and children
(c) two adults and twelve children
(d) three adults and thirteen children
2. What occurs with LaShawn and her two children, boyfriend, and boyfriend's brother ?
(a) They are all killed in a gang war.
(b) They steal LaJoe's food stamps.
(c) They all move into the Rivers' apartment.
(d) They help LaJoe move out of Horner.
3. What has caused Pharoah to faint?
(a) the sounds of gunfire
(b) getting too hot
(c) snakes at the tracks
(d) deeing Bird Leg get shot
4. What captivates Pharoah at Erol's Video Club?
(a) the cartoons
(b) the Wrestle Mania movies
(c) the video machines
(d) the space movies
5. How is Bird Leg killed?
(a) eating spoiled food
(b) stabbed in the back
(c) shot in the chest
(d) run over by a train
6. Why can LaJoe not defend herself well against the accusations?
(a) She is too timid.
(b) She has no education.
(c) She has no transportation to the hearing.
(d) She is guilty.
7. What is Dawn, Porkchop's sister, about to do?
(a) graduate from Crane High School
(b) drop out of school
(c) get married
(d) have another baby
8. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
(a) his limp
(b) his stutter
(c) his nightmares
(d) his lisp
9. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
(a) the Kent State shootings
(b) the death of Robert Kennedy
(c) the Chicago riots at the Democratic convention
(d) the death of Martin Luther King, Jr.
10. Who is the teacher Lafeyette likes a great deal?
(a) Mrs. Everage
(b) Mrs. Markham
(c) Miss Walker
(d) Mr. Martin
11. Why is Lafeyette against the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
(a) He worries that Rickey will take his place with Pharoah.
(b) He worries that Rickey will lead Pharoah into trouble.
(c) He thinks someone is out to kill Rickey.
(d) He knows that Rickey is a thief.
12. What is Bird Leg dressed in at his funeral?
(a) his basketball uniform
(b) a white jogging suit
(c) jeans and T-shirt
(d) a new suit
13. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
(a) on the tracks
(b) in an empty box car
(c) in the tall weeds
(d) under a box car
14. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
(a) to help her mother
(b) for their safety
(c) to let her oldest daughter return home
(d) to lower her food bill
15. Why does LaJoe hope that Dawn is successful?
(a) so Pharoah can do even better than Dawn
(b) so her children can see the benefits of a diploma
(c) so she won't come begging for help
(d) so she can reform Terrance
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of person is Rickey?
2. Why do Lafeyette and Rickey refuse to take Pharoah back to the railroad tracks?
3. What is Bird Leg's obsession?
4. Where does Bird Leg get food for his pets?
5. Who is the one person with whom Pharoah is comfortable?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)