Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Summer 1987, Chapter 1 | Summer 1987, Chapter 2
1. Describe the emotions of the project boys and the train passengers as a train passes while the boys search for snakes.
2. Describe LaJoe in one or two sentences.
Short Essay Question - Summer 1987, Chapter 3 | Summer 1987, Chapter 4
3. What are some of the serious problems with the construction of the Henry Horner homes?
4. Point out the contradictions in the character of Jimmie Lee.
Short Essay Question - Summer 1987, Chapter 5
5. Explain the obsession Calvin...
This section contains 933 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)