|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 29, 1989, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the teacher Lafeyette likes a great deal?
(a) Mr. Martin
(b) Miss Walker
(c) Mrs. Markham
(d) Mrs. Everage
2. What does LaJoe resolve to do for the younger children in the future?
(a) to send them to live with her mother
(b) to get them all new shoes
(c) to keep a closer eye on them
(d) to take them on trips more often
3. Why are LaJoe and Lafeyette waiting in a room at the detention center?
(a) for Lafeyette's court hearing
(b) to identify an accused murderer
(c) to appeal for Terrence's release
(d) to testify in a court case
4. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) Tough Luck and Willie
(b) Terrance and Rochell
(c) The triplets and grandmother
(d) Rickey and Lafeyette
5. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
(a) like a ghost
(b) like a wild animal
(c) like his father
(d) like an old man
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
2. What are they all talking abut when Pharoah runs home to tell about his win?
3. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
4. What makes Pharoah feel uncomfortable on Chicago Avenue?
5. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)