|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through September 29, 1989, Chapter 31.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pharoah see that makes him stutter again?
(a) a police car
(b) a murder
(c) an elephant
(d) a rainbow
2. Why does Lafeyette not want to play basketball with the project boys?
(a) They play too rough.
(b) They might try to recruit him into a gang.
(c) They are all older than he is.
(d) They cheat.
3. What happened to LaJoe's older sister?
(a) She got bone cancer and died.
(b) She became a prostitute.
(c) She got pregnant and ran away.
(d) She was murdered.
4. Why do the police take the boys close to their home and drop them off with a stern warning?
(a) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, pays for the videos.
(b) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, does not press charges.
(c) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, admits he did not see them.
(d) Mario Vera, the assistant manager, demands to see their parents.
5. Who is the newly appointed housing manager of Horner Homes?
(a) LaJoe Rivers
(b) John Daly
(c) Mr. Rogers
(d) Gwen Anderson
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
2. What does Pharoah admit is his greatest fear?
3. Who threatens to bash LaJoe's head in because she ignores his flirtations?
4. Who do they meet on the way and invite to join them?
5. What makes Pharoah feel uncomfortable on Chicago Avenue?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)