|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lafeyette cope with his stress?
(a) bullying his siblings
(d) sitting on the railroad tracks
2. Why does Pharoah love school?
(a) It is his chance to get out of the projects.
(b) It is a safe place where he can excel without fear.
(c) He gets a free breakfast at school.
(d) He likes to be with the girls.
3. What does LaJoe witness that makes her put her foot down with Lafeyette?
(a) some boys setting fire to a business
(b) some boys selling drugs on the street
(c) some boys attempting a murder
(d) some boys abducting a young girl
4. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
(a) He is still very ill with a cough.
(b) She thinks he will feel too old to do that.
(c) He misbehaved that afternoon.
(d) She wants him to guard the house.
5. Why are some boys beating a man outside Horner Homes?
(a) He was molesting one of the boys' cousins in a vacant apartment.
(b) He was trying to sell drugs to young children.
(c) They were trying to rob him.
(d) He was an undercover police officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is LaJoe able at last to make?
2. What is Bird Leg dressed in at his funeral?
3. Why do the boys hurry home from the tracks as the sun goes down?
4. What impediment gets worse in Pharoah after all the summer violence?
5. Who makes up Rickey's gang?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)