|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Summer 1989, Chapter 26.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are the projects stifling hot?
(a) in the summer
(b) at night
(c) in the winter
(d) at midnight
2. What are two main threats to the safety of Lafeyette and Pharoah at the Henry Horner Homes?
(a) trains and busses
(b) food and education
(c) gun battles and gang influences
(d) rats and snakes
3. When another person is killed, why do Lafeyette and Pharoah refuse to go to the funeral?
(a) They had made plans to go to the tracks.
(b) They had nothing good to wear.
(c) They did not like the dead boy.
(d) They are still raw from Bird Leg's funeral.
4. Who is Clarise?
(a) the smartest girl in Pharoah's class
(b) Rickey's bad sister
(c) Pharoah's new girlfriend
(d) LaJoe's cousin
5. What does Rickey call his new gang?
(a) the Railroad Snakes
(b) the Avengers
(c) the Horner Hornets
(d) the Four Corner Hustlers
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is LaJoe's childhood friend?
2. What event caused riots in the area around the Blackhawk stadium?
3. Why is Pharoah's stutter much less noticeable?
4. Why does Lafeyette not want to play basketball with the project boys?
5. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)