|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does LaJoe resolve to do for the younger children in the future?
(a) to send them to live with her mother
(b) to get them all new shoes
(c) to take them on trips more often
(d) to keep a closer eye on them
2. What gives Pharoah a headache at the jail?
(a) the clanging of doors
(b) the guard's whistle
(c) a siren
(d) a couple arguing
3. Why does Pharoah love school?
(a) He gets a free breakfast at school.
(b) He likes to be with the girls.
(c) It is a safe place where he can excel without fear.
(d) It is his chance to get out of the projects.
4. Where does Pharoah want Lafeyette to take him?
(a) to the school year
(b) downtown Chicago
(c) up to Canada
(d) to the railroad tracks
5. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
(a) talking very softly
(b) saying the words and letters slowly
(c) using hand motions
(d) tongue twisters
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
2. When are the projects stifling hot?
3. What do the children call the Henry Horner Homes?
4. What accusation is brought against LaJoe?
5. What is Lafeyette beginning to look like at the age of thriteen?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)