|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who fights in LaJoe's apartment while she is out?
(a) Tough Luck and Willie
(b) Rickey and Lafeyette
(c) The triplets and grandmother
(d) Terrance and Rochell
2. At the Boys Club program, what is the response to the question, "Don't you live your country?"
(a) The crowd roars "no", drowning out Pharoah's quiet "yes."
(b) There is dead silence in the stands.
(c) Everyone stands and puts their hands over their hearts.
(d) The applause is deafening and Pharoah gets a headache.
3. How does Craig Davis earn his living?
(a) as a teacher
(b) as a Boys Club counselor
(c) as a stock boy for a stationery company
(d) as a gun dealer
4. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
(a) tongue twisters
(b) saying the words and letters slowly
(c) talking very softly
(d) using hand motions
5. A week after Craig's funeral, what weather condition takes place?
(a) a hail storm
(b) a heatwave
(c) a tornado
(d) a late snow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the teacher, Mr. Rogers, promise the class if either Clarise or Pharoah wins the spelling bee?
2. Why does LaJoe hope that Dawn is successful?
3. Where do LaJoe, Lafeyette, Pharoah and the triplets go to visit Terrence?
4. What does LaJoe buy for them to eat downtown?
5. Who is the one person with whom Pharoah is comfortable?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)