|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Spring 1989, Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Pharoah realize something is wrong?
(a) when the electricity is shut off
(b) when they start eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches
(c) when LaJoe doesn't come home with groceries as usual
(d) when Lafeyette starts talking about joining a gang
2. How old was LaJoe when she first came to the Henry Horner Projects?
3. Why is Lafeyette against the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
(a) He worries that Rickey will lead Pharoah into trouble.
(b) He thinks someone is out to kill Rickey.
(c) He worries that Rickey will take his place with Pharoah.
(d) He knows that Rickey is a thief.
4. Why does LaJoe send the boys to stay with her mother a few miles west?
(a) to help her mother
(b) for their safety
(c) to let her oldest daughter return home
(d) to lower her food bill
5. Who is the only one LaJoe tells about the situation with the welfare board?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the larger boys play when they visit the railway tracks?
2. What does Pharoah bury outside the projects?
3. What solidifies the friendship between Rickey and Pharoah?
4. How does Pharoah work on his stutter?
5. Why doesn't LaJoe take Lafeyette downtown to see the holiday window decorations?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)